Page 245 of 750 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    In Avengers #33, why is it that Jason Aaron can write such great scenes with Black Panther that nail the character so much more than a dozen other writers put together?

[IMG]https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Avengers-33-Spoilers-5.jpg
    Honestly, this doesn't come across as a great scene for me. "Look at how cool Black Panther is... surrendering to a guy wearing too much Egyptian bling!"

Leaving aside the fact that this whole story hinges on MK having powers he's _never_ shown before, Spector isn't the only person in that scene empowered by an Egyptian deity...

This could be better. Instead, it's just plot coupons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Honestly, this doesn't come across as a great scene for me. "Look at how cool Black Panther is... surrendering to a guy wearing too much Egyptian bling!"

Leaving aside the fact that this whole story hinges on MK having powers he's _never_ shown before, Spector isn't the only person in that scene empowered by an Egyptian deity...

But...it's a super moon. Super!

I think it was about as good a scene as you can expect.

The story requires MK to win and BP to lose. Instead of outright getting defeated in combat, he talks his way into meeting MK's god. He one ups MK in the sense that he couldn't gain his powers, whick MK mentioning later that BP can't be broken.

None of this qualifies the scene as a candidate going into the BP feat hall of fame, but I think there were clearly attempts being made to protect BP here.

All that said... I would have rather have seen them fight.

I'm not totally following this story but from what I understand, Moon Knight is getting extra juice from an Egyptian deity in a way T'Challa never has.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not totally following this story but from what I understand, Moon Knight is getting extra juice from an Egyptian deity in a way T'Challa never has.
    Egytian gods in general tend to lowball their avatars powerwise. The vast majority of the time both MK and BP are relatively street level.

That said, MK obviously needs to be upgraded in order to be a creditble Avenger level threat. Never mind BP, he's throwing down with Thor (who arguably is more powerful than either of the egyptian gods in question).

I think more than anything the key are those anks. They appear to have power draining properies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Egytian gods in general tend to lowball their avatars powerwise. The vast majority of the time both MK and BP are relatively street level.

That said, MK obviously needs to be upgraded in order to be a creditble Avenger level threat. Never mind BP, he's throwing down with Thor (who arguably is more powerful than either of the egyptian gods in question).

I think more than anything the key are those anks. They appear to have power draining properies.
    My problem is that there's really no point in MAKING Moon Knight an Avengers-level threat. Especially since it appears that this is just another attempt by Aaron to make his prehistoric Avengers a Thing™. Or is the fact that the powers he's going after are the same ones that team used a coincidence?

He's warping all the characters in the story to fit the plot. That almost _never_ works out well. (Except in humor books). I feel sorry for the next writer who actually wants to write Moon Knight, since they'll have an even bigger mess to clean up after now.

My problem is that there's really no point in MAKING Moon Knight an Avengers-level threat. Especially since it appears that this is just another attempt by Aaron to make his prehistoric Avengers a Thing™. Or is the fact that the powers he's going after are the same ones that team used a coincidence?

He's warping all the characters in the story to fit the plot. That almost _never_ works out well. (Except in humor books). I feel sorry for the next writer who actually wants to write Moon Knight, since they'll have an even bigger mess to clean up after now.
    It's easy enough to make this a one off power up. They beat his God, and his powers go away. Or easier yet he just loses those ankhs.

I think that I follow you. Bast and Moon Knight's God Pantheon are African adjacent. I would have liked to see some kind of metaphysical interaction between them and the deities. It was cool to see the acknowledgement by Moon Knight to his inability to handle BP like all the other heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    May we get another writer willing to represent him up to par for the next solo book.
    Let's hope so.

I have not read my favorite hero since Hickman wrote T'Chaka making T'Challa cry.

It's been a long time for me.

Mighty Member

Moon Knight went around outright defeating other heroes and uniting his Ankh symbol to take various abilities. It shows, first of all, T'Challa putting Wakanda first and using his intelligence to get to the source of the problem. Later in the issue in regards to BP, Moon Knight states "The Panther cannot be broken." I just find that Aaron's subtle writing of T'Challa so interesting compared to many other writers.

Moon Knight went around outright defeating other heroes and uniting his Ankh symbol to take various abilities. It shows, first of all, T'Challa putting Wakanda first and using his intelligence to get to the source of the problem. Later in the issue in regards to BP, Moon Knight states "The Panther cannot be broken." I just find that Aaron's subtle writing of T'Challa so interesting compared to many other writers.
    I just don't understand why he hasn't done an expansive event focusing on him yet. BP is long overdue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I just don't understand why he hasn't done an expansive event focusing on him yet. BP is long overdue.
    I agree with on 100%. This story or a similar one with Moon Knight could have easily been done with BP with Bast making moves to save the world.

I agree with on 100%. This story or a similar one with Moon Knight could have easily been done with BP with Bast making moves to save the world.
    That's basically what T'Challa and the Avengers are doing anyways. They're trying to save the world from Mephisto. They're just not doing it by attacking other super heroes.

Mighty Member

I personal want to see more of this type of Aaron goodness:

HEY...

Monday is the first day of June!

Here's to Black Panther and new beginnings, new writers, new creative teams and all that!

Carry on...
    Get Hectic!