Page 249 of 360 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 5398
  1. #3721
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Has anyone taken a look at the page BEFORE what was posted?



    T'Challa is caught off guard and GIVES UP leadership of the Avengers.

    For one hero, six priests, and a bunch of mummies. Maybe the Skrulls should have tried that.
    Again I would of liked to see TChalla throw down a little, showing he holds the advantage in their fight but also that there is more at stake then a fist fight and then the scene where he surrenders takes place (but it's clear he is winning the fight). Ah well, one can hope JA pulls a SwAd and not an AvX

  2. #3722
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He wasn't caught off guard. He literally tells Steve he knows and knows what's been collected and how dangerous that is. Maybe because Konshu is part of Bast pantheon he knows more than anyone on the team.

    Moon Knigh just wants Tchallas powers, the Skrulls want to conquer the world.
    He does literally say he was caught off guard though. But I think he's surprised about the sheer number that showed up and not that Moon Knight showed up at all.

  3. #3723
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again I would of liked to see TChalla throw down a little, showing he holds the advantage in their fight but also that there is more at stake then a fist fight and then the scene where he surrenders takes place (but it's clear he is winning the fight). Ah well, one can hope JA pulls a SwAd and not an AvX
    I think a big reason not fighting is preferable is because they don't want T'Challa to show he has the advantage in the fight. If it looks like MK can be defeated by BP solo or even if it's reasonably close, it sort of waters down MK as an Avenger level threat. It's too early to show him looking weak... best way to avoid that without BP taking a loss is to simply not have him fight.

  4. #3724
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Your missing the point. TChalla shot up in popularity. You know what marvel did when Carol's movie was coming out? They out her at the forefront made her a big part of a event and had her in multiple books at once. TChalla getting as much attention as Cao and IM.. I mean you do know BP is Marvel's biggest solo Hero IP right?? Abd tell me where I said I expect him to be the star in every book? I said I expect an arc focusobg on TChalla on avengers at some point. But a title that had HIS name on it? Yeah you expect him to be at the forefront getting stuff done, especially when he is with a bunch of c listers, yet somehow he barely gets any shine?
    I'm pretty sure when T'Challa's next movie comes out marvel will do something big with him like they did with Carol. They do a descent job of milking that sort of thing. He got plenty of hype last time he had a movie, so I'm not too worried about that.

  5. #3725
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    He does literally say he was caught off guard though. But I think he's surprised about the sheer number that showed up and not that Moon Knight showed up at all.
    I think it's all of the above.

    He was initially surprised by what showed up his door, but quickly analyzed the situation and figured out what was going on.

  6. #3726
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think a big reason not fighting is preferable is because they don't want T'Challa to show he has the advantage in the fight. If it looks like MK can be defeated by BP solo or even if it's reasonably close, it sort of waters down MK as an Avenger level threat. It's too early to show him looking weak... best way to avoid that without BP taking a loss is to simply not have him fight.
    Danny was whooping his ass pretty handily so..

  7. #3727
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm pretty sure when T'Challa's next movie comes out marvel will do something big with him like they did with Carol. They do a descent job of milking that sort of thing. He got plenty of hype last time he had a movie, so I'm not too worried about that.
    Nah Carol's started getting hyped before her movie even came out. If marvel is foolish enough to wait till his movie sequel before doing anything then they are truly incompetent.. especially since they have already shown they don't do that...

  8. #3728
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Danny was whooping his ass pretty handily so..
    I'd say that was an even back and forth fight, with MK winning in the end. So Danny getting some shots in is okay since MK beats him. At this point in the story the idea is to put over MK as a threat, so if T'Challa were to fight MK he would probably need to lose. But the outcome we got allows both to avoid taking a loss or even looking bad.

    I get you want T'Challa to look good, but the notion that BP can solo MK really doesn't work in an Avengers story where you're trying to sell the notion that he's a threat to all the Avengers. If BP alone can solo him, he has no business fighting the entire team. At least at FIRST MK needs to be built up. Down the line you can take him down a peg or two but issue 1 isn't the place for that.

  9. #3729
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah Carol's started getting hyped before her movie even came out. If marvel is foolish enough to wait till his movie sequel before doing anything then they are truly incompetent.. especially since they have already shown they don't do that...
    Sure. And BP got hype before his movie came out. Marvel will try and get ahead of it to SOME degree. But the point being they ideally want something big on the shelves when people go see the movie.

  10. #3730
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Is weird that I don't to much care how the Egyptianfied the Wakandian mythos

  11. #3731
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Is weird that I don't to much care how the Egyptianfied the Wakandian mythos
    I initially wasnt'a fan of it either to be honest. I would have preferred Wakandan gods to be their own thing.

    That said, using the Egyptian gods does sort of allow it to create more connections with other corners of the MU like Thor and Moon Knight. So it made sense in some ways.

  12. #3732
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Is weird that I don't to much care how the Egyptianfied the Wakandian mythos
    There are a number of African pantheons they could have tied in with the Black Panther mythos, true. Personally, I'd have loved to see Anansi, the trickster spider god from African creation myth, integrated into the Wakandan pantheon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #3733
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Ancient Egypt is just overused when it comes to African Fantasy. I'm kinda over it at this point but I agree that it feels less original. Even though the film uses Bast, I'm so glad the overall aesthetic of the film hardly used Ancient Egypt.

    They could have really just kept it as it was or inspired Wakandan god's by another African pantheon. There are many to choose from.

    In hindsight they should have probably used Sekhmet instead since she's more commonly associated with war. But I think Bast is fine now.

  14. #3734
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd say that was an even back and forth fight, with MK winning in the end. So Danny getting some shots in is okay since MK beats him. At this point in the story the idea is to put over MK as a threat, so if T'Challa were to fight MK he would probably need to lose. But the outcome we got allows both to avoid taking a loss or even looking bad.

    I get you want T'Challa to look good, but the notion that BP can solo MK really doesn't work in an Avengers story where you're trying to sell the notion that he's a threat to all the Avengers. If BP alone can solo him, he has no business fighting the entire team. At least at FIRST MK needs to be built up. Down the line you can take him down a peg or two but issue 1 isn't the place for that.
    Did I say he would solo him? No, I said they go back and forth with TChalla holding the advantage till he realizes what the threat is, and then realises that to win is not beating mk, but going to khonsu

  15. #3735
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Did I say he would solo him? No, I said they go back and forth with TChalla holding the advantage till he realizes what the threat is, and then realises that to win is not beating mk, but going to khonsu
    No, you didn't say he would solo him. But you said BP would have the advantage over him in a fight. And the problem there being if the book shows that BP can beat MK solo, then he has no business being able to fight ALL the Avengers. Seriously, if he can't beat BP what business does he have fighting BP, Captain America, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, and freaking Thor? He won't last 5 seconds. He'd be lucky to last 1.

    MK needs to look like a threat. And that's harder to do when it appears as though a single Avengers can beat him. It's why T'Challa surrendering him is the best possible outcome. BP isn't beat, but MK still looks strong.

    Let's change the plot a bit in a way you might understand better. Lets say instead of MK the story was BP defeating all the Avengers to save the world from Mephisto. Would you prefer him fighting Captain America or Blade and having them hold the advantage against him until they realizes what the threat is, then realizing that to win is not beating BP but to go to Bast? Or would you think that would make BP look weak in a story which is trying to build him up as a threat to the entire team? I'm 99% sure you would not prefer Steve or Blade looking like they are winning the fight before surrendering to him... and frankly I wouldn't blame you if that were the case. In the first issue at least he should be established as a threat. And that means not looking like hes going to lose to one of the Avengers. That applies to both BP and MK in that position.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-31-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •