Page 258 of 750 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I get what you're saying but that's why I made the point I did. A warrior-king from a fictional civilization doesn't need the same depth of source material as a New York hero who fights costumed villains. He needs creators that have an eye for lore. Who can take underused concepts like Serpent Valley and Baron Macabre and give them new life. It's about epic worldbuilding on the scale of the Witcher or Elder Scrolls, which is undeniably a huge undertaking but one that can easily be justified given the non-stop success of the character in other mediums.

The market is clearly there and if the gaming industry can produce complex worlds like Tamriel from scratch I don't see why it can't add depth to Wakanda which already has a lot of elements to expand on. I don't think T'Challa needs several animated series or half a dozen movies in order to bring his world to life. It'd make it easier sure, but as is the character and his world can be expanded on without that material as a baseline.
    Exactly, and that's before we even include the legacy/history of all previous Panthers. The God Pantheon to draw from, and create background heroes, characters, and villains. If Skyrim can serve as a good template, reference for a full world experience game.

Has the name "T'Challa/h" been given an official definition in Wakandan language?

Incredible Member

What language? In Wakanda the official languages are English, Xhosa, Yoruba and Hausa.
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 06-14-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    What language? In Wakanda the official languages are English, Xosa, Yoruba and Hausa.
    wait....English?
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Yep. It's an official language in Wakanda.

so does it mean "avenging son"? "Cool dude"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so does it mean "avenging son"? "Cool dude"?
    Avenging son is one of Namors tags. Interesting thing they have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has the name "T'Challa/h" been given an official definition in Wakandan language?

The "future" Wakandans have a translation for his name.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

The "future" Wakandans have a translation for his name.
    I have to admit, "He Who Put The Knife Where It Belonged" is a pretty hardcore meaning for a name.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    What's that saying? Being black means you have to be twice as good as them just to get half of what they have.
    five times.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I have to admit, "He Who Put The Knife Where It Belonged" is a pretty hardcore meaning for a name.
    Hardcore perhaps, however that sentence referred to the choice of words used by Shuri before randomly being attributed to the supposed meaning of her older brother's name as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Hardcore perhaps, however that sentence referred to the choice of words used by Shuri before randomly being attributed to the supposed meaning of her older brother's name as of now.

Yeah doesn't really make a lot of sense when you realize the context of it. I know Coates tried to make it sound cool but that saying simply highlights T'Challas failure to kill Namor due to arrogance, acting like some 80s super villain waiting and giving the hero a chance to escape over some supposed "I gotcha" moment instead of just killing him and being done with it like T'Challa would do of he were being written in character.

"The future" would be a better meaning for his name

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

it doesnt seem random at all as surely coates knew where the phrase originated when he chose to use it as the translation of his name.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

"Congratulations! You have a healthy boy and future prince of Wakanda! What do you want to call him?"

"How about 'Stabber'?"