Page 263 of 750 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Hopefully this is like Secret Empire at worst. A quick lose that's forgotten as soon as it happens. Ewing writes a damn good T'Challa and he may not wanna bring him too low.

But the more reactionary side of me says this will be bigger than that. Sales haven't been good on Black Panther, Marvel's been awfully slow to announce a new creative team, and there's already a media push for Shuri to take the role of Black Panther in the MCU. We'll see what happens lol.
    Nations take hits in marvel stories, then magically get restored to status quo all the time in big events. So it likely won't matter and will ultimately be forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wakanda, in canon, is "unconquered" in theory.

Yet, we got Secret Empire, Coates "The People," Black Order, and Phoenix Namor treating the place like shit.
    This is precisely why I think Hudlin should have never put Wakanda on that pedestal. It's the geographical equivalent of The Worf Effect, now.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This is precisely why I think Hudlin should have never put Wakanda on that pedestal. It's the geographical equivalent of The Worf Effect, now.
    In the least most writers didn't have Wakanda take these hits until after the BP books themselves ended the streak. So that's something. But I do agree in hindsight that going out of your way to establish it as an undefeated nation was almost an invitation for someone to write a story of someone defeating it.

Spectacular Member

I'm not a fan of what's gonna happen with wakanda either in this Empyre event, this is like the third time but Tchalla and wakanda will overcome by the time this ends but also i feel marvel should hold back on these "big" events cause they're pretty hit or miss. I agree with Xpac tho, wakanda is one of many countries to be targeted by these 2d villains that want world domination plus it wouldn't be a marvel event if wakanda wasn't a target for conquest i guess

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    *deep Wakandan sigh*

you can't blame Coates for this. nevertheless, that's unfortunate to see tchalla like that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least most writers didn't have Wakanda take these hits until after the BP books themselves ended the streak. So that's something. But I do agree in hindsight that going out of your way to establish it as an undefeated nation was almost an invitation for someone to write a story of someone defeating it.
    Yeah, Wakanda and BP are likely to get done dirt. But I wouldn't worry too much. They'll get restored in time for the next film.

Marvel's intent on clowning T'challa I see. No clowning in store for Captain Marvel I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Nations take hits in marvel stories, then magically get restored to status quo all the time in big events. So it likely won't matter and will ultimately be forgettable.
    Atlantis gets destroyed every other week, yet somehow it’s always restored and Namor gets to keep being King, despite utterly failing to protect his people. But seeing Wakanda fall over and over again is tiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Marvel's intent on clowning T'challa I see. No clowning in store for Captain Marvel I take it?
    They wrote a story where Carol went evil didn’t they? I don’t read her books but I remember that being hyped up, with her killing the Avengers.

I have a question does are Tchallas senses acute enough to where he can detect heartbeats or would his suit allow this? Just wondering if thats ever happened before

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    of course not. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Atlantis gets destroyed every other week, yet somehow it’s always restored and Namor gets to keep being King, despite utterly failing to protect his people. But seeing Wakanda fall over and over again is tiring.

They wrote a story where Carol went evil didn’t they? I don’t read her books but I remember that being hyped up, with her killing the Avengers.
    Small spoiler, having checked it out for myself --- it turned out to be a trick she was pulling on Vox Supreme with help from Singularity (a living pocket universe condensed into the form of a young girl) and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Project Gemini, which had kept clones of the Avengers in storage, said clones being used by Carol to pretend that she had killed the Avengers while the real Avengers were safely hidden inside Singularity. Of course, it backfired, because even if the dead bodies she was giving Vox Supreme were actually clones, that was still the Avengers' DNA she was giving them, which they intended to use to breed a superior race of Kree to conquer Earth as revenge for all the times Earth's heroes had defeated and humiliated the Kree. As for why Vox Supreme sent her after the Avengers in the first place, Vox Supreme threatened to annihilate all the settlements she established for refugees seeking protection from the Kree and other hostile alien empires unless she killed the Avengers. Sadistic choice, in the words of one Norman Osborn.

That said, I do agree that it says something unfortunate that Namor, of all people, almost never gets treated with the same scorn from his people as some would depict T'Challa getting despite both their kingdoms being repeatedly attacked and devastated.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you can't blame Coates for this. nevertheless, that's unfortunate to see tchalla like that.
    Actually I can. Lol

When a person is the shepherd of the character and he doesn't take up for him to have good showings or at least tie in to insure good showings, you can tell he doesn't care about the character and just wants a platform to push his political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That story was hot. Kelly didn't write the Tchalla fight well, but the story was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Actually I can. Lol

When a person is the shepherd of the character and he doesn't take up for him to have good showings or at least tie in to insure good showings, you can tell he doesn't care about the character and just wants a platform to push his political agenda.
    lol of course.

coates has nothing to do with this event or wakanda and tchalla's part in it. anyone could attempt to but I dont think such a play would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    His only moment in the entire trailer is being in the background and then a sword through the throne.

Don't get your hopes up lol.

Sadly, this would have been the perfect time to RE-ESTABLISH Wakanda as a dominant military force again. T'challa could have been the skrull boogyman for this generation of skrulls after what happened last time. They have nightmares of Panthers in their sleep.

The mention of going back to Wakanda for revenge would cause most of the skrulls to refuse. When they finally do find a squad to actually agree to it... it doesn't go well.

Also be a great time to re-establish T'challa as a rightful king. War time tends to do that historically.

Even fits in with Coates crap. Skrulls show up expecting a technological superiority again but... look what T'challa pulled from the galactic empire. Ruh Roh.

It would have been a cool side story to whatever the hell is actually going on with this event lol.

But yeah, you gotta be a fan of the character to care about these sort of things. And there are no fans of Black Panther at Marvel Comics right now.
    Yeah this sums it up, and the dude who wants to write T'Challa abd do all of this isn't allowed to write him for some reason. Like you said, BP and Wakanda should be the freaking boogie man to them. Maybe this leader thinks he is the answer and the older skrulls are like, "Dudes walking straight to his death, fraks that we ain't going to Wakanda" I'm so tired of this whole small band of heroes is going to somehow stop and entire army. Let T'Challa abd Wakanda flex