Page 264 of 750 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I have a question does are Tchallas senses acute enough to where he can detect heartbeats or would his suit allow this? Just wondering if thats ever happened before
    Yes, he was able to hear the heartbeat of two people from something like over a mile away

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lol of course.

coates has nothing to do with this event or wakanda and tchalla's part in it. anyone could attempt to but I dont think such a play would be fair.
    Uh Yes actually. See when Priest wrote BP, when he showed up in avengers books, he was portrayed like Priest panther. Steps ahead, when hudlin wrote BP, other writers had to comply. He couldn't be frakked over so easily with a solo running.

Coates has been so horrendous that it's been outside the solo that T'Challa has even received decent showings. All he had done is open the door for frakkery because he didn't protect and up lift T'Challa or Wakanda. Too busy with Storm, no one man and his agenda to write a decent or even coherent story

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah this sums it up, and the dude who wants to write T'Challa abd do all of this isn't allowed to write him for some reason. Like you said, BP and Wakanda should be the freaking boogie man to them. Maybe this leader thinks he is the answer and the older skrulls are like, "Dudes walking straight to his death, fraks that we ain't going to Wakanda" I'm so tired of this whole small band of heroes is going to somehow stop and entire army. Let T'Challa abd Wakanda flex
    In a BP story that's entirely possible, but in an Avengers/FF story a small band of heroes obviously are going to shut down the bad guys in the end because that's just what happens in super hero stories.

Really these small band of heroes have successfully done it so many times, it's frankly amazing they even bother trying at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a BP story that's entirely possible, but in an Avengers/FF story a small band of heroes obviously are going to shut down the bad guys in the end because that's just what happens in super hero stories.

Really these small band of heroes have successfully done it so many times, it's frankly amazing they even bother trying at this point.
    This narrative is a big part of the potential problem. How they gonna use BP to show him getting his kingdom and throne snatched, which is a very personal shot. Then are they going to let T'challa and Wakanda has a more personal part in resolving the issue and defeating whoever's the true villain is. This will go a long way toward revealing how the other comic writers really think of the importance and status of BP and Wakanda. So far the Empyre thread is filled with talk about Billy's love life!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Uh Yes actually. See when Priest wrote BP, when he showed up in avengers books, he was portrayed like Priest panther. Steps ahead, when hudlin wrote BP, other writers had to comply. He couldn't be frakked over so easily with a solo running.

Coates has been so horrendous that it's been outside the solo that T'Challa has even received decent showings. All he had done is open the door for frakkery because he didn't protect and up lift T'Challa or Wakanda. Too busy with Storm, no one man and his agenda to write a decent or even coherent story
    as much as some would like to blame coates the direction they take him especially considering he is no longer writing him is jor the fault of coates but of the avengers offices
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Still nothing in the Sept solicits about who will be taking over after Coates. I seriously hope Marvel isn’t going to give up on BP, they better ******* not, especially when Carol kept getting all those relaunches despite her book selling like crap.

I don't see why T'Challa needs to be vulnerable to bullets to somehow showcase his agility. I mean all though out the BP solo he showed how agile he was (the trafficker scene, the car chase scene, him vs border tribe) all of those showcased how agile he is while also showing that he isn't going to be taken down by a random stray bullet.

So if people are rocking tech makes him need to dodge more in fear of taking serious damage then that's what will happen. But simply making the habit less bullet proof makes it inferior to stark tech.. I'm sure no one gave two fraks when Tony tanked a giant as piece of moon to the face without a scratch, But T'Challa not blinking about bullets is too much?
    At one point T'Challa used to be one of Marvel's most stealthiest superheroes. It took not just agility but also cunning. Now he just leaps out into the open and shrugs off everything that is thrown at him. Its not just that he's bullet proof but also magic proof as well. He used to be Black Panther now he's Vribranium Man.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    as much as some would like to blame coates the direction they take him especially considering he is no longer writing him is jor the fault of coates but of the avengers offices
    it's the Solo writers responsibility to set the tone for how the character will be treated. Not Secret empire and war of the realms should of been perfect opportunities to showcase Wakanda and how they are dealing with the events. Instead we see Wakanda struggling against the galactic empire and N'Jadaka being more concerned with Eden and Storm. This could of been an event all I. It's own. It's that big of a deal, but it's been so poorly handled that it's going to end up being one of the most forgettable and boring BP stories despite having the greatest potential

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    At one point T'Challa used to be one of Marvel's most stealthiest superheroes. It took not just agility but also cunning. Now he just leaps out into the open and shrugs off everything that is thrown at him. Its not just that he's bullet proof but also magic proof as well. He used to be Black Panther now he's Vribranium Man.
    That's not true unless your talking about Coates stories in which there is a whole list of problems with how T'Challa is portrayed

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Are we ever going to get the final issues so the new writer can be announced. Holy hell it has been sooo long

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Nations take hits in marvel stories, then magically get restored to status quo all the time in big events. So it likely won't matter and will ultimately be forgettable.
    True but my concern is how Wakanda being defeated yet again will impact the wider narrative of T’Challa. Coates started off with a Wakanda that had been more or less returned to its former glory too after the events of Secret Wars. Instead of moving on with this status quo, he chose to dwell on the past and have Wakanda go through a civil war in reaction to their previous loses. If Wakanda loses to another alien invasion my fear is that the next writer is gonna do another “Have Wakandan ideals failed?” story. Or do another story about how T’Challa should’ve been a better king.

This constant chain of Wakanda falling and T’Challa having to react to it is getting old imo. I prefer to see T’Challa operating from a position of strength, not always being haunted by the ghosts of his failures. If Wakanda falls, fine. Like others have said, I don’t care if 1 million Wakandans die if T’Challa gets a badass feat or leads the team to victory. But if that’s not the case, then I fully expect the next BP writer to ignore whatever happens in Empyre. They shouldn’t be shackled by events. I want them to tell the story of T’Challa’s Wakanda, the great power, not Wakanda, the nation always rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    True but my concern is how Wakanda being defeated yet again will impact the wider narrative of T’Challa. Coates started off with a Wakanda that had been more or less returned to its former glory too after the events of Secret Wars. Instead of moving on with this status quo, he chose to dwell on the past and have Wakanda go through a civil war in reaction to their previous loses. If Wakanda loses to another alien invasion my fear is that the next writer is gonna do another “Have Wakandan ideals failed?” story. Or do another story about how T’Challa should’ve been a better king.

This constant chain of Wakanda falling and T’Challa having to react to it is getting old imo. I prefer to see T’Challa operating from a position of strength, not always being haunted by the ghosts of his failures. If Wakanda falls, fine. Like others have said, I don’t care if 1 million Wakandans die if T’Challa gets a badass feat or leads the team to victory. But if that’s not the case, then I fully expect the next BP writer to ignore whatever happens in Empyre. They shouldn’t be shackled by events. I want them to tell the story of T’Challa’s Wakanda, the great power, not Wakanda, the nation always rebuilding.
    It can be a big deal, or not a big deal depending on whether the BP or Avengers writers choose to acknowledge it.

Secret Empire for example was arguably a more embarrassing loss for Wakanda than AvX or Time Runs Out. But in a practical sense that loss basically didn't happen as it's never really referenced again.

So these sort of loses can mean as much or as little as a writer wants them to. Given how nations magically recover overnight anyways, at a certain point it just becomes background white noise in an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Well if you are talking about street level thugs sure. He will seem like a tank. Like I, and many others have stated. Repeatedly, write him new and more challenging villains instead of trying to make him the black Daredevil. BP is typically, tragically underserved by piss-poor writers that can't or just don't want to proper research into who T'challa is.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

T'Challa is magic proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    T'Challa is magic proof?
    To a degree, he was during his alchemy phase.

Last edited by XJlock; 06-20-2020 at 01:06 AM.