Page 272 of 750 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Read the quote from Spencer again. Of his idea of Actually winning was the same exact thing that happens on the regular with villains "winning" at the start then he needs to reevaluate the phrase and how it applies to doing something outside the norm. Again, saying Cap won is like saying malekith won because he got a early victory. That's not winning, and I highly doubt that's what Spencer meant when he said that in the interview. And me saying that Cap being evil and Hydra taking over the us wasn't going to be permanent is not the same as saying that how he talks about it, though OBVIOUSLY the change wasn't indefinite, it was likely going to last past the event. That's what you keep ignoring and trying to spin what I am saying. And where did I say I thought Hydra was winning at the end? Nowhere, again your making up stuff and then trying to use that as a basis for your counter argument.

In the end, personally I doubt it, there was a lot of potential with that story and how the event dragged I don't believe that was the intention to end it like that. But either way I don't care, so whatever.
    The assumption that Hydra would remain in control past the event is based on what exactly? If they conquered the US at the END of Secret Empire then yes... obviouisly the story would bleed on past the event. But since they conquered the US at the VERY beginning, I think it was fair to assume that they would lose by the end of the story... and that's exactly what happened. No fan outrage is needed to alter what was the obvious and likely outcome in the first place.

Your entire arguement that fan outrage changed the outcome of the story is entirely based in Spencer saying Cap would win... except him saying that doesn't in any way prove this. That's my point. The fact of the matter is even if planned on Hydra winning, he wouldn't flat out spoil the ending of the event and say that. He's not going to flat out tell you how the event ends... which is exactly why you shouldn't have assumed when he said Cap would win that would be the actual outcome of the event. There's a difference between hyping an event and spoiling it.

But if Spencer had you fooled by the hype, then good for him. He did his job. If more writers did as good a job as him, events like this would probably feel less predictable.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Trying to figure out which was the "real" Cap in this story definately could make your head spin.

In the practical sense, the obvious thing to do is just say the "good" Cap at the end was real and move on, since that's clearly the Captain America they are using moving foreward.
    Yeah, it's a magic nonsense box. It's not worth over-thinking.

I've seen far more debate about this than Black Widow, who has as strong an argument for not being the original. But I haven't seen much debate. I guess the new debate is Tony Stark? I haven't been keeping up with things over there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

AVENGERS #36
    JUL200672
    (W) Jason Aaron (A) Javi Garron (CA) Matteo Scalera
    THE AGE OF KHONSHU PRESENTS THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!
    Moon Knight versus the Black Panther-for the fate of reality.
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Sep 30, 2020
    SRP: $3.99
    If this ends with T'challa on his knees and winning because of some trick or appeal to humanity, I might cry.

If T'challa like.. actually wins, i'll buy the trade lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If this ends with T'challa on his knees and winning because of some trick or appeal to humanity, I might cry.

Lol, bro it might be you and the king on your knees crying. ...This is Marvel comics we talking about. All the solicitations we have so far have T'challa all in the background and dude is supposed to be the current leader of the Avengers. The convenient answer will be because this is a team book T'challa doesn't have to get a win on MK!
    Last edited by dkrook; 06-23-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, bro it might be you and the king on your knees crying. ...This is Marvel comics we talking about. All the solicitations we have so far have T'challa all in the background and dude is supposed to be the current leader of the Avengers. The convenient answer will be because this is a team book T'challa doesn't have to get a win on MK!
    If this is the last issue of the story arc, I don't think anyone believes T'Challa will lose.

I think the question mark is whether or not it will be a group effort, or whether T'Challa does it completely solo. Either scenario is pretty believable.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The assumption that Hydra would remain in control past the event is based on what exactly? If they conquered the US at the END of Secret Empire then yes... obviouisly the story would bleed on past the event. But since they conquered the US at the VERY beginning, I think it was fair to assume that they would lose by the end of the story... and that's exactly what happened. No fan outrage is needed to alter what was the obvious and likely outcome in the first place.

Your entire arguement that fan outrage changed the outcome of the story is entirely based in Spencer saying Cap would win... except him saying that doesn't in any way prove this. That's my point. The fact of the matter is even if planned on Hydra winning, he wouldn't flat out spoil the ending of the event and say that. He's not going to flat out tell you how the event ends... which is exactly why you shouldn't have assumed when he said Cap would win that would be the actual outcome of the event. There's a difference between hyping an event and spoiling it.

But if Spencer had you fooled by the hype, then good for him. He did his job. If more writers did as good a job as him, events like this would probably feel less predictable.
    Tell me where did I say fan outrage is what changed the story? I said it didn't sell well and was poorly received. Nowhere did I state that the fans complained and marvel caved into their demands, I stated that Spencer said one thing in his interview then did another thing in the event similar to Ewing In Ultimates. YOU seem hell bent on claiming that I said fsn outrage is what changed it and that I was somehow "fooled by the hype" you clearly aren't reading what on writing because you keep on hoping if you state that enough, it will become true.

Also tro Hickman said the heroes were supposed to lose, and guess what? They lost. It didn't spoil anything because we learned what happened.

Spencer saying Cap would actually win, states exactly that, he would ACTUALLY win. Getting an early victory at the start of a story is part for the course for villains, that's not new or unique, he then spent the entirety of the event trying to get the shards then he lost at the end, just like *gasp* every other event where a villain gets an early win. So again, there needs to be a reevaluation of the phrase "what of we actually have Cap win?"

Abd again, I didn't assume anything because frankly I have zero ishts about it. I'm simply pointing out that what he said and what happened on paper didn't match

Bruh... He better not. He surrendered to mk without a fight and mk couldn't take his power and T'Challa made some chess player moves (not the best but it could of been worse) If we don't see the Priest trap doors closing or Hudlin level hardness going off on mk... It's time, homeboy has bided his time, he needs to shine, he needs to show WHY he was elected unanimously as chairman, why he does what he does in the series. He needs that big win.. we need confidence restored in T'Challa most dangerous man alive

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

of course tchalla will win. he always wins in the end!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Best outcome is that they team up and double god punch Mephisto back to his realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Best outcome is that they team up and double god punch Mephisto back to his realm.
    T'challa needs a Panthes punch where you uses that stored energy, rears back, a giant panthers head of energy appears on his fists, and blasts dudes.

anywho

As long as the team up happens with T'challa not on his knees, i'll allow it lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, bro it might be you and the king on your knees crying. ...!
    I don't have high expectations but usually I have zero expectations lol

but cool cover, the ending of the last story has potential, cool solicitation, I actually really like classic MK (Huston/Ellis era) stories and the general mythos with Khonshu and such, possible panther god stuff, ect

Instead of cry, i'll prolly just go, "well shit" and shrug and move on like i have been for a few years now lol

Tell me where did I say fan outrage is what changed the story?
    In case you forgot.

I Think people need to remember history. The story wasn't well received, and it didn't sell well when comparing to events. Also it was supposed to end with a new status quo bit marvel pumped the brakes on that when they saw how poorly it was received and then created the whole "lol this here's the real Cap, we we're joking"

BANNED

The cover? MK vs BP

KM said it best "... .."

Ragged & torn. Nothing has really changed for BP. I grow weary of seeing the panther suit ripped-up. It’s vibranium mesh. They slipped it into the movie during the final battle with KM. both of their suits had wholes from the train. They love to see black folks ragged. You will see it again in part 2… Guaranteed.

The cover? suspect. check-out the line-art on the chest. strange coincidences all around. in this day & age? SMH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really cool stuff man. Made me hit the digital sketchbook today. Realized i think i've only drawn shuri once or twice before this though i have done tchalla a few times. well in honor of the era after coates. lol.

sweet! more! pwetty pwease! BTW gracias

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    Fanart of Shuri as Tela Gesselaru (The Panther’s Shadow/Ghost) suit design 2d prep work for 3d model.

Gessela 4 life bruh. the champions of bast