Page 274 of 750 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Why is the Black Panther thread about Secret Empire of all things.
    Why not read and go back to how it started and see?

Thread doesn't move that fast anymore
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If this ends with T'challa on his knees and winning because of some trick or appeal to humanity, I might cry.

If T'challa like.. actually wins, i'll buy the trade lol
    It's Aaron. Expect T'Challa to cheat like an anime protag. Save up your money for that trade.
    Man, the Coates era must've messed you up.
    "Cable was right!"

You know what storyline Coates should have written for BP...

Is Storm spearheading a new X-Men team, made entirely of Wakandan Mutants. She acts as the Professor X of the team, helping them to realize their own potential. Meanwhile they recieve push-back from an extremist group called the Desturi. Then conflict ensues. Social issues such as discrimination and violence that intertwined any given X-Men title are also explored in Coates' National best-seller, Between the World and Me.

A story line like that would have definitely been in his wheel house.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post

Is Storm spearheading a new X-Men team, made entirely of Wakandan Mutants. She acts as the Professor X of the team, helping them to realize their own potential. Meanwhile they recieve push-back from an extremist group called the Desturi. Then conflict ensues. Social issues such as discrimination and violence that intertwined any given X-Men title are also explored in Coates' National best-seller, Between the World and Me.

The Crew was in his "wheelhouse" and sucked

Dude doesn't have a comic wheelhouse.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm not sure how that would work since the Wakandans wouldn't hate their own mutants; they just hate foreigners.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm not sure how that would work since the Wakandans wouldn't hate their own mutants; they just hate foreigners.
    Let's see how Hickmans X-Men run ends. It's entirely possible when all is said and done there will be an anti-mutant backlash in a lot of places (not just Wakanda).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I liked what coates did with BP but this would be cool for like a hybrid BP/Xmen book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It depends on which sect of Wakandans we're talking about here. In Hudlin's Wakanda, the Desturi were an extremist group who would express their anti-mutant sentiments, referring to them as witches, monsters and mutant abominations.*

And Storm gets referred to as Weather Witch on more than one occasion by a Wakandan. Nakia even said to Storm once, that "my village would have drowned you at birth," after referring to her as a weather witch. **

The Crew was in his "wheelhouse" and sucked

Dude doesn't have a comic wheelhouse.
    The Crew was more of a Misty Knight story than a BP story. It was false advertising. That's why it sucked.

*See Doom War #1

** See X-Men: Wakanda Forever #1-2
    Last edited by Common Writer; 06-24-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It is very simple to understand. He said Cap won... and he did at the start of the story. He just didn't win at the end.

But the fact that he apparently convinced several people that they would win in the end even though I'm sure the vast majority of comic book fans saw the ending of Secret Empire a mile away (good Cap returning and the Avengers defeating Hydra) really shows that even in this day and age a bit of hype can go a long ways.
    No.. just... No. But keep on pushing that false hood and I'm sure eventually it will come true

It depends on which sect of Wakandans we're talking about here. In Hudlin's Wakanda, the Desturi were an extremist group who would express their anti-mutant sentiments, referring to them as witches, monsters and mutant abominations.*

And Storm gets referred to as Weather Witch on more than one occasion by a Wakandan. Nakia even said to Storm once, that "my village would have drowned you at birth," after referring to her as a weather witch. **

The Crew was more of a Misty Knight story than a BP story. It was false advertising. That's why it sucked.

*See Doom War #1

It sucked because Coates doesn't give a isht about T'Challa or Wakanda. He has proven that on consistently from the beginning. Look at it this way, in BP and the Crew, there were 5 characters, each issue focused on each character. Each character had an action scene in there issue except. T'Challa. In his he:
    Talks about how he wielded the IG and could mold reality to his whim but was too afraid to to fix his relationship with Storm.

Follows Storm around like a puppy, looking for validation "How do you like my new Luke Charles outfit?"
    Gets talked down to by an old lady
    And sings a song.
    He shared half the panels with Storm too so he wasn't even the full focus.

What storyline should Coates of wrote for BP? None. Absolutely zero. He should of just been given Storm and let go so that a REAL. Comic book writer and someone who actually cares about the character (Redjack) could write some great BP stories

*See Doom War #1

Thanks for including sources.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

*See Doom War #1

The Desturi were a foreign backed coup and an extremist minority who said and did things virtually zero Wakandans would never agree with. I don't think what they said represents any anti-mutant bias in Wakanda. They could've easily been spouting rhetoric that meant nothing.

And Storm's been referred to as a weather witch by people who aren't anti-mutant iirc. Nakia's comment doesn't mean she was being anti-mutant. And she was mentally unstable and on drugs, so her comment about drowning presumably mutant babies is unreliable at best.

There's been no definitive statement that any Wakandans have an issue with mutants. Gentle, a half-Wakandan mutant even went as far as saying the X-gene is known and accepted in Wakanda but outsiders like him are not. Most of the negative interactions between Wakandans and mutants have the added aspect of those mutants being foreigners. There's only one recorded instance of a full-blooded Wakandan mutant and while he hid his mutancy from people it had nothing to do with fear of persecution and everything to do with wanting to be a complete non-entity for his hacking activities. The Wakandan people worship a mutant as a goddess (which is garbage but still canon) and the mutant hero Manifold is considered an ally and friend to the people of Wakanda.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-24-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No.. just... No. But keep on pushing that false hood and I'm sure eventually it will come true

This should have ended with a pan away shot showing a Wakandian blade in Namors gullet! I got zero love for fish boy!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This should have ended with a pan away shot showing a Wakandian blade in Namors gullet! I got zero love for fish boy!
    Course, had that happened the entire universe would have been destroyed from the incursion that Namor stopped.

The very reason people want Namor dead is the reason he was on the team in the first place... he was enough of a dick to do what needed to be done. So it all worked out in the end.

How about black, but non Wakandan? Xmen editors cant be trusted with Wakanda world building.