Page 276 of 750 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Link?

I don't need it to tie into the movie, I want it to tie into Priest and Hudlins run
    Time 6:05. Coates' Captain America is ending too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqd4UOp43w

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Unless its world ending or a direct threat to Wakanda, I dont see agents doing much outside of Wakandan interests. Why would they care about what's going on in Sokovia?
    Maybe their prime minister is hiring mercenaries to sabotage Wakandan outreach efforts in their cities. Or Sokovian business interests are weaponizing Savage Land vibranium with stolen Wakandan designs. Maybe the War Dogs investigate the presence of rogue agents trying to destabilize the country to gain access to some lost alien tech. T'Challa is one dude and I think War Dogs are a great way to see other aspects of Wakanda's intelligence forces and show them as a global force. We saw a bit of that in the MCU and I think the comics should follow.

But technically these are things T'Challa should be doing in his main title so maybe it might be redundant to have a book dedicated to less popular characters doing the same thing? Then again, Detective Comics was used as a place for B-list Bat characters to protect Gotham while Batman did the same in his own title. IDK, I just don't care for integrating anything from the X-books. Maybe they'd be domestic special ops that sometimes deal with threats from neighboring nations. So less War Dogs and more a proper World of Wakanda title? I still prefer the superpowered special ops direction though.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-24-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Maybe their prime minister is hiring mercenaries to sabotage Wakandan outreach efforts in their cities. Or Sokovian business interests are weaponizing Savage Land vibranium with stolen Wakandan designs. Maybe the War Dogs investigate the presence of rogue agents trying to destabilize the country to gain access to some lost alien tech. T'Challa is one dude and I think War Dogs are a great way to see other aspects of Wakanda's intelligence forces and show them as a global force. We saw a bit of that in the MCU and I think the comics should follow.

But technically these are things T'Challa should be doing in his main title so maybe it might be redundant to have a book dedicated to less popular characters doing the same thing? Then again, Detective Comics was used as a place for B-list Bat characters to protect Gotham while Batman did the same in his own title. IDK, I just don't care for integrating anything from the X-books. Maybe they'd be domestic special ops that sometimes deal with threats from neighboring nations. So less War Dogs and more a proper World of Wakanda title?
    I dont want X writers writing about WK, but if they have good ideas I'd use them. Cannan, Kenya, and Azania are the protectorates. Moses runs that country and wanted to use it as a homeland for African Americans. That's good clash of cultures potential. Azania is Apartheid, did it change like South Africa and is there conflict? The Super team of Wakandans could be enemies with the Suprimisist. And Kenya could be used as some Storm and BP team up stories once every five years or so. Lol.

Astonishing Member

I dont want X writers writing about WK, but if they have good ideas I'd use them. Cannan, Kenya, and Azania are the protectorates. Moses runs that country and wanted to use it as a homeland for African Americans. That's good clash of cultures potential. Azania is Apartheid, did it change like South Africa and is there conflict? The Super team of Wakandans could be enemies with the Suprimisist. And Kenya could be used as some Storm and BP team up stories once every five years or so. Lol.
    I wouldn't lean into anything the X-books do with Wakanda because it ALWAYS comes back to bite the BP mythos in the ass. You think Hickman gave those countries to Wakanda as a freebie to Black Panther writers lol? Those protectorates exist to create an obligation for T'Challa and for him to take the blame when something goes wrong. If he constantly gets blamed for his failures in Wakanda I can only imagine how much shit he'll get if some genocide happens in Canaan or Azania undergoes a revolution under his watch.

That or they're used to do another deconstructionist take on Black Panther. The mutants try to "liberate" them from Wakanda and T'Challa sends his troops to restore order, making the Wakandans the colonizers ala Coates and the Originators. We already know that one of the African countries that rejected the deal would fall into civil war if they accepted publicly so the groundwork is being laid for some sort of conflict and I expect the next Black Panther writer to fully ignore it and do Black Panther-centric stories, not tie into the X-Men. I don't have an issue with War Dog missions to Azania or Kenya, but I don't want Black Panther to become invested in concepts that his writers clearly do not have control over.

But your ideas for those countries are great. I personally prefer Magnum as an Ethiopian weapons developer who has extensive business interests in Canaan but making him the leader like in the 90s works too. And Azania should be more like a safe haven for HYDRA splinter groups than apartheid. In the next five years T'Challa should be married to Monica Lynne, but that's a whole other issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I wouldn't lean into anything the X-books do with Wakanda because it ALWAYS comes back to bite the BP mythos in the ass. You think Hickman gave those countries to Wakanda as a freebie to Black Panther writers lol? Those protectorates exist to create an obligation for T'Challa and for him to take the blame when something goes wrong. If he constantly gets blamed for his failures in Wakanda I can only imagine how much shit he'll get if some genocide happens in Canaan or Azania undergoes a revolution under his watch.

That or they're used to do another deconstructionist take on Black Panther. The mutants try to "liberate" them from Wakanda and T'Challa sends his troops to restore order, making the Wakandans the colonizers ala Coates and the Originators. We already know that one of the African countries that rejected the deal would fall into civil war if they accepted publicly so the groundwork is being laid for some sort of conflict and I expect the next Black Panther writer to fully ignore it and do Black Panther-centric stories, not tie into the X-Men. I don't have an issue with War Dog missions to Azania or Kenya, but I don't want Black Panther to become invested in concepts that his writers clearly do not have control over.

But your ideas for those countries are great. I personally prefer Magnum as an Ethiopian weapons developer who has extensive business interests in Canaan but making him the leader like in the 90s works too. And Azania should be more like a safe haven for HYDRA splinter groups than apartheid. In the next five years T'Challa should be married to Monica Lynne, but that's a whole other issue lol.
    But that's what makes them useful. My primary concern for Tchalla is Wakanda. If Cannan, Azania, or Kenya get destroyed instead of Wakanda, I won't complain. And it's an economic protectorate. Most likely providing infrastructure and low interest loans. He wouldn't be in charge of anything.

I like the idea of super powered war dogs, but I would counter with, what if instead of super powered, the group was used to showcase advanced wakandan tech instead. Yes we sometimes see T'Challa whip out something cool but I mean pulling out the brakes and really diving into just how advanced wakandan technology is, and how much further ahead they are to the rest of the world, and why Hickman had T'Challa say they are the beacon of light for humanity. Stuff like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post

Out-takes from the sketchbook! The sketchbook! Tech-Heavy-Shuri

Go all out and make it known, Wakanda is not to be frakked with, and their tech is a superpower all in it's own

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Time 6:05. Coates' Captain America is ending too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqd4UOp43w
    Politics should be included in Black Panther comics, just not Coates' nonsense politics. More along the way Priest & Hudlin did it.

Trying to make the comics tie more to the movie is concerning to me. Does this mean T'Challa is not a genius anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I like the idea of super powered war dogs, but I would counter with, what if instead of super powered, the group was used to showcase advanced wakandan tech instead. Yes we sometimes see T'Challa whip out something cool but I mean pulling out the brakes and really diving into just how advanced wakandan technology is, and how much further ahead they are to the rest of the world, and why Hickman had T'Challa say they are the beacon of light for humanity. Stuff like this:

Go all out and make it known, Wakanda is not to be frakked with, and their tech is a superpower all in it's own
    Only downside i would see is that you wouldn't want the tech to fall into outsiders hands if it gets lost or stolen. When its powered individuals, there is less chance of reverse engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Politics should be included in Black Panther comics, just not Coates' nonsense politics. More along the way Priest & Hudlin did it.

Trying to make the comics tie more to the movie is concerning to me. Does this mean T'Challa is not a genius anymore?
    Probably be like Panthers Quest. With Shuri handling the tech and Tchalla going on missions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The movie was awesome. So I wouldn't mind if they borrowed some elements from it.
    What's more worrisome to me is the Empyre trailer stating "A king must fall" while showing the Panther emblem split by a sword.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Probably be like Panthers Quest. With Shuri handling the tech and Tchalla going on missions.
    I am not a fan of that for the comics.

Let that type of thing be SEPARATE from the comics. Why dumb down T'Challa?

Priest run was basically this. I don't know why people keep forgetting that.

T'challa's "genius" was being 10 steps ahead and thinking on the fly in combat. Not building gadgets. All his stuff was pre-made in Priest.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I want a run like Remender's where he does some stuff at home but still gets involved in crazy Kirby-like adventures.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I want a run like Remender's where he does some stuff at home but still gets involved in crazy Kirby-like adventures.
    Prime Remender is one of my fav writers ever. Inject Uncanny X-Force, Venom, Uncanny Avengers vol 1 into my VEINS. I even liked Frankencastle lol.

But this thread wouldn't be able to handle him at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I always thought that the movie synergy was an insult to the intelligence of the audience. People are smart enough to understand that the movies and the comics don't have to be exactly the same, in fact having them line up is boring.