Page 286 of 750 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I just want a writer who values the mantle of Black Panther, respects T'Challa, see Wakadna as the most technologically advanced warrior nation in the world (which is an AFrican nation) and will bring action, political intrigue, based on good story telling. Please give me a writer who can do that. Let them being a strong comic writer 1st & foremost.

The kinda stuff shown in the early new 52 & rebirth Aquaman.
    I want a writer who can showcase that there is more to Wakanda than just the Golden City, vibranium, and domestic terrorism.

What does the Wakandan nightlife look like? What is their favorite cuisine? What do they do for fun?

Is there a Wakandan soccer team out there? Are they any good? Are there Wakandan musicians?

Is there still a racial tension between African-Americans and Wakandans or is Marvel pretending like that never happened?

These questions and more, I want answered.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I want a writer who can showcase that there is more to Wakanda than just the Golden City, vibranium, and domestic terrorism.

What does the Wakandan nightlife look like? What is their favorite cuisine? What do they do for fun?

Is there a Wakandan soccer team out there? Are they any good? Are there Wakandan musicians?

Is there still a racial tension between African-Americans and Wakandans or is Marvel pretending like that never happened?

The person who can do all that is NOT coming to Marvel.

Because they already know they are not going to be welcomed here.

They want to do stuff like that-they are going to do it on something they OWN at Image or elsewhere.

I wanted a writer to showcase all the things you have mentioned here.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever come into fruition

This kind of lack of worldbuilding is a problem most Marvel societies like Asgard and Atlantis have. But Hickman's been bringing that to X-Men and it's been succeeding, so maybe editors will take note.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Don't misundestand... the suit really isn't and will likely never be detrimental or power breaking at all, because no writer will ever write a story that way. We're talking strictly how it works in theory, not in practice. In reality Killmonger or Man Ape will be just as effective as they need to be in combat against T'CHalla, regardless of what the suit is made of, because that's what is required of the story. When T'Challa fought Red Skull in Red Zone his vibranium suit might as well have been made out of toilet paper. Him being overpowered in comics will never be an actual problem because writers will never make it a problem. It's only an issue in theory. Stuff internet comic book fans to debate over. I'd prefer him not wearing the higher end gear as opposed to the suit magically not working when the story calls for it... but it's a nit pick.
    Yes and what chief and myself have been saying is that is a problem. Writer's shouldn't just ignore tech or gear for story because they are too lazy to come up with a logical workaround. That's what being a smart writer means. Priest did it just fine, Hudlin did it. It's not difficult..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes and what chief and myself have been saying is that is a problem. Writer's shouldn't just ignore tech or gear for story because they are too lazy to come up with a logical workaround. That's what being a smart writer means. Priest did it just fine, Hudlin did it. It's not difficult..
    Hudlin pretty much ignored Tchallas tech suit entirely. I think the vibranium in his suit was mentioned once. So yeah, with Hudlin it wasn't difficult at all.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-28-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Mighty Member

If I was writing this, I would basically shape Wakandan culture off of Abyssinia. Seriously, Wakanda had a ton of similarities to Abyssinia, especially in Wakanda's earlier days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, but Coates just sucks as a comic writer. I know you weren't impressed it, but you gotta admit, for a comic writer noob, Narcisse was able to show a hell of a lot more creativity with the tech T'Challa had and the force push then Coates, or alot fo other veteran comic writer's for that matter
    I warned about that, too. Just for my own amusement, I dug up my initial post:

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    THE COMIC

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new book. While Coates is a talented writer, most of his work has been non-fiction and autobiography. It remains to be seen if he can translate his skills to the comics medium (other novelists have tried and failed). I'm also not really crazy about the whole Wakanda-in-revolt thing, simply because it's pretty much the default plot-line for a comic book monarch. But he may have a new spin and/or perspective.

The force push and new toys are another possible pitfall. Not because they exist (T'Challa has had a bunch of gadgets over the years), but because I can see them becoming overused. I mentioned an old THOR run upthread, where the writer basically turned the hammer into a ray gun, and barely using the fact that it can be thrown or used to hit people.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I warned about that, too. Just for my own amusement, I dug up my initial post:
    I will say this about the force push... even though I've said many many times I don't believe it's a good idea to have it in his standard gear, I think in principal it's actualy a GOOD idea to overuse it. Ram it down people's throats, because as annoying as that may be it's the only way it has a chance of sticking.

T'Challa has had a done of gear which has come and gone. From thrice blessed armor to the force fields in Hickmans run, we're seeing stuff come and go. A lot of Aarons contributions I believe are literally meant to be one and done.

For legti world building, something needs to be reinforced again and again and again until it actually sticks. And I think the Force push is perhaps the only bit of gear since Priest which has managed to potentially made a lasting impression. I say potentially because Coates run isn't over... but in the least it made enough of an impact to make it into the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Based on the online Marvel Wiki, it appears that the 1st mention of the Wakanda Design Group was in your Avengers run (not saying the Marvel online Wiki can't be incorrect, though).
    No, what that says it's that it's the first appearance of the Wakanda Design Group's Centereach NY facility. That, I co-created.

But I'm pretty sure the WDG itself is mentioned in the Marvel Handbooks -- I'd look first at the Quinjet entry.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which makes Shuri, Shuri T'Chakadottir?
    Probably Shuri, daughter of XXXXXXX. Whether she'd be called the daughter of her father or the daughter of her mother depends on how Wakandan culture handles it. I don't know if it's been established, but if it hasn't, I'd go with "daughter of [mother's name]" for women.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Spectacular Member

I dont remember which comic was it but I remember my introduction to black panther was a fantastic four crossover with him. Black panther took down the entire team in a couple of pages only. As a kid, I was blown away. Im glad black panther now is getting more famous thanks to the MCU.

Hudlin pretty much ignored Tchallas tech suit entirely. I think the vibranium in his suit was mentioned once. So yeah, with Hudlin it wasn't difficult at all.
    Well on his run, other then with doom, Erik, and klaw maybe, he wasn't really hit that often so it wasn't that it was ignored, he just wasn't getting hit
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-28-2020 at 07:55 PM.

I will say this about the force push... even though I've said many many times I don't believe it's a good idea to have it in his standard gear, I think in principal it's actualy a GOOD idea to overuse it. Ram it down people's throats, because as annoying as that may be it's the only way it has a chance of sticking.

T'Challa has had a done of gear which has come and gone. From thrice blessed armor to the force fields in Hickmans run, we're seeing stuff come and go. A lot of Aarons contributions I believe are literally meant to be one and done.

For legti world building, something needs to be reinforced again and again and again until it actually sticks. And I think the Force push is perhaps the only bit of gear since Priest which has managed to potentially made a lasting impression. I say potentially because Coates run isn't over... but in the least it made enough of an impact to make it into the movie.
    But it also makes sense from a natural progression standpoint. We all know vibranium absorbs abd store most energies. It's only logical that someone would think "Hey what happens to all that stored energy?" Yes it will eventually dissipate, but if it stores it it can release it. And frankly yes you want to showcase it, but Coates literally used it in substitution for actually showing T'Challas fighting capabilities and his entire skill set and a whole. Notice how Coogler established it without it feeling like it was replacing skill (like the Russo's did in IW) that's the key difference and that's the point Digi is getting at. You can't cement it without making it a crutch

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

When did this happen? Which Black Panther story line?