Page 289 of 750 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Love to hear your thoughts about it at some point, but respecting your space in the here and now.
    It's no biggie. Just more about actually framing the thoughts together and if the discussion moves in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Half sister. Shuri is Tchakas' daughter.

Unless you want to start some palace intrigue and start a rumor that Changemire is Shuris' father. Lol.
    Per Hudlin's retcon, is T'Challa's mother still N'Yami or is it Ramonda?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's no biggie. Just more about actually framing the thoughts together and if the discussion moves in that direction.

Per Hudlin's retcon, is T'Challa's mother still N'Yami or is it Ramonda?
    It's still N'Yami. Hudlin didnt retcon it. In Jesse Hollands novel of Hudlins first story, he expanded the character to being a Dora Milaje that T'chaka married.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If using something once in like half a decade qualifies as standard gear, then I think your bar is a bit lower than mine. If Priest had the character use his gear during his run that infrequently we wouldn't be talking about it today.

If you want stuff showing up in movies and on the toy shelves of Walmart, a bit more effort is needed. This stuff needs to both appear at least semi-frequrntly and be used semi-frequently. Legitimate world building takes effort.
    I mean of qe are being honest the things that carroed over are
    Kimoyo
    Claws
    Vibranium weave
    Force push

Realistically despite plenty of use, people will see the daggers as being redundant to claws, he isn't likely going to throw them a bunch and he has the force push as a close to medium range option with a ton of unorthodox use. So really those are the 4 things thst have carroed over. Comic wise i personally could easily find ise for the daggers since if it went to animation agaob, is a lot easier to work around kids show showing someone getting sliced, especially with the stun function, but if not that could be incorporated into the claws as well. Basically we now have 4 items as standard tech and so long as irs used with a writer who's creative and has love for T'Challa, im good either way. Tertiary gear will sell toys too and there's plenty to choose from for T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean of qe are being honest the things that carroed over are
    Kimoyo
    Claws
    Vibranium weave
    Force push

Realistically despite plenty of use, people will see the daggers as being redundant to claws, he isn't likely going to throw them a bunch and he has the force push as a close to medium range option with a ton of unorthodox use. So really those are the 4 things thst have carroed over. Comic wise i personally could easily find ise for the daggers since if it went to animation agaob, is a lot easier to work around kids show showing someone getting sliced, especially with the stun function, but if not that could be incorporated into the claws as well. Basically we now have 4 items as standard tech and so long as irs used with a writer who's creative and has love for T'Challa, im good either way. Tertiary gear will sell toys too and there's plenty to choose from for T'Challa
    Had a crazy thought. What if we modified the force push into an energy grenade? Stored energy would form into a ball on his palm that he could throw. Useable against cars, tanks, and groups of 10 or more.

Found a Kdrama called Holy Land on YouTube. Really good fight choreography, but it feels real and not over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Had a crazy thought. What if we modified the force push into an energy grenade? Stored energy would form into a ball on his palm that he could throw. Useable against cars, tanks, and groups of 10 or more.

Found a Kdrama called Holy Land on YouTube. Really good fight choreography, but it feels real and not over the top
    Not not both? That could easily fall into the 3 categories of force push:
    Wave
    Diffusion
    Focused strike

Focused strike has the most use attached to it because it can be used to enhance strikes, dash speed, jump capabilities, even form a focused grenade. In S1 it was shown that the push can transfer through the ground.. followed by diffusion? So much in terms of unorthodox play.

BANNED

Does T'Challa have a suit that can go toe to to with Stark's

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    He has a hulk buster that would probably work. But he doesn't need one. He can defeat him with windex and his standard gear. Lol.

In Hudlins run, he had Armor that allowed him to go toe to toe with Doom. So it can probably go toe to toe with Stark.

That said, making Armor is Starks specialty so I'd guess he's probably better at it than anyone else. I think Tchalla can beat Stark (he pretty much always does) but it wouldn't necessarily be because he had better armor.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

To me....his standard gear (i.e. Vibranium Weave, anti-metal claws, Kymoyo computer system, vibranium boots) along with his skills & abilities could go toe to toe with the latest standard Iron Man armor any day.

Astonishing Member

Not really. T'Challa can't fly and if we're thinking about this logically Tony can just go in the sky and rain down missiles. Assuming we're talking about regular suits and only the suits, no Panther-cycles, satellites, etc.

And that's fine. T'Challa in his standard gear should have to prep for someone like Iron Man and Thor. He should be mildly irritated by the likes of Daredevil and Black Widow and be beatable by the likes of Wolverine (who should be able to cut the suit with his claws) and Iron Fist (with his chi enhanced strikes). But what makes him more effective than some of the dudes in his "class" is his genius intelligence, prep, and political power.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not really. T'Challa can't fly and if we're thinking about this logically Tony can just go in the sky and rain down missiles. Assuming we're talking about regular suits and only the suits, no Panther-cycles, satellites, etc.

And that's fine. T'Challa in his standard gear should have to prep for someone like Iron Man and Thor. He should be mildly irritated by the likes of Daredevil and Black Widow and be beatable by the likes of Wolverine (who should be able to cut the suit with his claws) and Iron Fist (with his chi enhanced strikes). But what makes him more effective than some of the dudes in his "class" is his genius intelligence, prep, and political power.
    T'Challa has heightened sense, acrobatic maneuverability, AND wear very durable armor. It's not like he would be standing there wait for Iron Man to hit him. He also has the anti-metal claws, force push and energy daggers to do damage to Tony. If you read EoS 2, you could see that T'Challa was able to do damage to Tony when they both wore standard gear.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Yeah I disagree with this. He HAS beaten Tony, on multiple occasions with abd without prep, even when Tony specifically prepped a suit to combat and counter him (which was stated to be the most technologically advanced suit in the world at the time) T'Challa out prepped him.

Wolverine has also been beaten by T'Challa, multiple times, handily, infact I believe every fight between them has ended with T'Challa winning. IF, has been beaten by T'Challa, and would of been killed had T'Challa wished it, but since he was trying to save him, he took some massive hits but still won.

This is all pre force push as well. Post push? All of them (save Thor since he would indeed need to prep to best him) would be at an even greater disadvantage then before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    T'Challa has heightened sense, acrobatic maneuverability, AND wear very durable armor. It's not like he would be standing there wait for Iron Man to hit him. He also has the anti-metal claws, force push and energy daggers to do damage to Tony. If you read EoS 2, you could see that T'Challa was able to do damage to Tony when they both wore standard gear.
    If BP can hit Stark before he can get in the air, he can potentially end it quick with the anti metal claws. But I would agree if Stark can get in the air and it becomes a long distance shoot out, Stark was better range options and can probably tank a lot more damage. He would likely outlast BP. For Tchalla to win, he'd likely have to create a window where he can get in close and finish it quickly. And that's certainly possible ... he's done it before. But on paper, I'd say Iron Man is the favorite. Just my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I disagree with this. He HAS beaten Tony, on multiple occasions with abd without prep, even when Tony specifically prepped a suit to combat and counter him (which was stated to be the most technologically advanced suit in the world at the time) T'Challa out prepped him.

Wolverine has also been beaten by T'Challa, multiple times, handily, infact I believe every fight between them has ended with T'Challa winning. IF, has been beaten by T'Challa, and would of been killed had T'Challa wished it, but since he was trying to save him, he took some massive hits but still won.

This is all pre force push as well. Post push? All of them (save Thor since he would indeed need to prep to best him) would be at an even greater disadvantage then before.

You're right, it makes more sense for me to say it depends. When T'Challa fought Iron Man at the XCon headquarters he had the massive advantage of terrain. Tony was within pouncing range and was indoors so he couldn't get any distance, which made it easy for T'Challa's energy daggers to make contact and make him vulnerable to close quarters. But if we're talking tournament style combat where they start a few dozen feet apart with few vantage points to hide or jump from I'm not sure T'Challa's equipment lets him get close enough to finish him off. But assuming prep is allowed T'Challa wins. I'm not arguing that T'Challa isn't deadlier and more versatile than Tony any day of the week, but in a straight up fight at a certain distance I think Tony wins due to flight and heavier weaponry.

Wolverine potentially wins due to his healing factor. They've fought a handful of times but in the most notable where T'Challa decisively won, it was when Wolverine was nerfed and couldn't soak damage the way he normally does. Under regular circumstances while I'm certain T'Challa would win the majority (especially with the force push in play) it comes down to whether he can do enough damage to kill him before Logan cuts deep enough into his armor. I'm not saying that Wolverine definitively wins every match, just that he has a fighting chance that someone like Elektra or Moonknight don't.

Iron Fist is much the same. In his case, he's received some upgrades since they last fought (and even in their Priest-era fight he was technically amped up lol). His chi manipulation abilities should allow him to go toe to toe with T'Challa physically so in some matchups I could see him straight up knocking/choking T'Challa out under the right circumstances. Once again, I'm not saying every fight between these two should end up with Iron Fist winning, just that out of 10 fights I could see him winning a handful. But like with Wolverine I expect it to be hard fought and respectful of each combatant.

I don't think the standard suit elevates T'Challa to Iron Man level nor should it. He's a martial artist first so he should be able to have convincing fights with other top tier martial artists under regular circumstances like Priest was able to demonstrate imo. So having that vulnerability to potentially lose to Iron Fist or Wolverine makes sense, otherwise he's truly being carried by tech and not skill.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If BP can hit Stark before he can get in the air, he can potentially end it quick with the anti metal claws. But I would agree if Stark can get in the air and it becomes a long distance shoot out, Stark was better range options and can probably tank a lot more damage. He would likely outlast BP. For Tchalla to win, he'd likely have to create a window where he can get in close and finish it quickly. And that's certainly possible ... he's done it before. But on paper, I'd say Iron Man is the favorite. Just my opinion.
    Flight may not be such an advantage for Tony if T'Challa uses his wings.