Page 293 of 750 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I like this, BUT part of the reason why I like having little or no connections to the wider universe or past stories is so the next writer isn't tempted to undo all of that for 'stakes'. "T'Challa thought he killed the Black Order! But they're back! To destroy Wakanda!" You know how this stuff goes.

In this hypothetical mini series I'm totally fine with Shuri only being in T'Challa's ear. I want the focus squarely on HIM. Just T'Challa running the gauntlet. No back up. No assists.
    Yeah thats true. However, how attached are people to the Black order? After tro they appeared what, 3 times? All of which they died? But whatever create a new Villain that works too, as long as T'Challa puts his claws into then,and they are shown as dangerous enough to allow T'Challa and Wakanda to flex im good

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This. Let all that Hickman bullshit stay in the mid-2010's and actually tell innovative stories. Self-contained stories that build on ORIGINAL concepts within the Black Panther mythos should be the priority. Vibranium mutates, the War Dogs, other (non-Heliopolitan) gods, etc. Why people are so eager to see T'Challa go up against irrelevant ass characters with little connection to his world is beyond me. It just perpetuates eternal rivalries with characters he shouldn't be defined by. I don't care about the Black Order or Namor. Give me a revamped Moses Magnum and another political thriller with Achebe and you'd have done good by the character.

And Shuri shouldn't even be part of the conversation as anything more than a side character. It's not a buddy cop adventure, it's Black Panther, and there's only one. If we're talking about who should be his primary supporting character, that shouldn't even go to Shuri, but instead a genuine love interest, which after close to 10 years since his divorce he still doesn't have. That's more concerning to the long term health of the franchise than what role (if any) Shuri has in the books.
    I Said the black order because T'Challa and Shuri both deserve to murder kill the group abd they aren't going to be missed if they die. But if it was a new Villain all together then I would personally choose okoye (gotta have the OG ride or die chick) and Nu-Nakia as the LI (since she is a warrior and not connected to malice, and they had something good till Coates ruined it) with Shuri and wkabi or Skokie to fill up the roster. 5 total with primary focus on T'Challa and I think that's good.

I don't mind Shuri being around, she should be the next supporting character to Branch off, but this of course is after T'Challa gets his establishment

I want a Marvel What If...? story where Nakia gains enhanced powers through the super-soldier serum, transforming her into Captain Wakanda. Her costume will be green, red and black. Working with the War Dog Network, she will be deployed on special missions to dispense Nazis, HYDRA Goons and the Desturi terrorists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I Said the black order because T'Challa and Shuri both deserve to murder kill the group abd they aren't going to be missed if they die. But if it was a new Villain all together then I would personally choose okoye (gotta have the OG ride or die chick) and Nu-Nakia as the LI (since she is a warrior and not connected to malice, and they had something good till Coates ruined it) with Shuri and wkabi or Skokie to fill up the roster. 5 total with primary focus on T'Challa and I think that's good.

I don't mind Shuri being around, she should be the next supporting character to Branch off, but this of course is after T'Challa gets his establishment
    I can see that. My whole thing is having T'Challa go on this quest for revenge keeps the memory of the initial loss alive. People won't give a damn about Wakanda losing in Time Runs Out if new stories and concepts replace it, you know? And I like your idea for a core supporting cast. Okoye, the snarky bodyguard/Dora rep and Shuri, Wakandan Design Group head engineer/Griot are great. I'd probably prefer Kaspar Cole to W'Kabi tbh, I feel like he has more to offer as an outsider but I'd bring back W'Kabi for more domestic stuff. I still think Monica Lynne needs to be brought back as the main love interest so Nu-Nakia can be the main Catwoman type love interest but either one works imo.

And Shuri should definitely branch out because she easily has the most potential to be like the Batgirl to T'Challa's Batman. She just needs to streamlined and have all the recent portrayals she's had be consolidated into something peoplee can buy into.

I can see that. My whole thing is having T'Challa go on this quest for revenge keeps the memory of the initial loss alive. People won't give a damn about Wakanda losing in Time Runs Out if new stories and concepts replace it, you know? And I like your idea for a core supporting cast. Okoye, the snarky bodyguard/Dora rep and Shuri, Wakandan Design Group head engineer/Griot are great. I'd probably prefer Kaspar Cole to W'Kabi tbh, I feel like he has more to offer as an outsider but I'd bring back W'Kabi for more domestic stuff. I still think Monica Lynne needs to be brought back as the main love interest so Nu-Nakia can be the main Catwoman type love interest but either one works imo.

And Shuri should definitely branch out because she easily has the most potential to be like the Batgirl to T'Challa's Batman. She just needs to streamlined and have all the recent portrayals she's had be consolidated into something peoplee can buy into.
    I understand, I personally just hate how characters are able to isht all over the mythos without any repercussions. It's gone on far too long. As for the cast, online Kasper, and I have use for him in my head for a fanfic, but I wouldn't want him as a major support In the main story. Wkabi was T'Challas OG best friend, abd dude is due for a Rez. The reason I chose akili was because it gives a rep for the HZ. But either way T'Challa needs a male Friend again Personally Monica is kinda boring, she needs something to make her more interesting.

I think Mayberry and Hickman's Shuri was the best imo griot is dumb it's basically a kotd rip off.

Another cat woman though could be redjacks Zanda. That's a very well developed character with potential

Astonishing Member

I understand, I personally just hate how characters are able to isht all over the mythos without any repercussions. It's gone on far too long. As for the cast, online Kasper, and I have use for him in my head for a fanfic, but I wouldn't want him as a major support In the main story. Wkabi was T'Challas OG best friend, abd dude is due for a Rez. The reason I chose akili was because it gives a rep for the HZ. But either way T'Challa needs a male Friend again Personally Monica is kinda boring, she needs something to make her more interesting.

I think Mayberry and Hickman's Shuri was the best imo griot is dumb it's basically a kotd rip off.

Another cat woman though could be redjacks Zanda. That's a very well developed character with potential
    True, sometimes it's nice to see T'Challa let loose on his enemies. I think he benefits from having at least one non-Wakandan in his primary supporting cast. Ross makes sense as part of the extended supporting characters (making infrequent appearances every other arc or so) but Kasper I feel has all the elements to be a great male friend to T'Challa. I'd really like for him to be the new head of the Hatut Zeraze instead of Akili who has all the personality of a piece of cardboard lol. But I agree W'Kabi is equally valid and needs to be brought back in some form.

My idea of Monica is that like most of T'Challa's rogues she needs to be revamped. The only significant issue I have with her is that she's not a fighter. There's no precedent for a queen of one of comicdom's warrior nations to not be able to hold her own in a battle. What she needs is to have some hidden intelligence background or for her to gain sonic powers and she should be set. Plus I think if you lean into her social work and celebrity status I think she'd have a lot more to work with as a love interest. She already has a romantic history with T'Challa that no one else in his publication history has. I like Nakia and Zanda as the Catwoman and Talia of T'Challa's life respectively. One of them is a bit sympathetic and more of an anti-hero while the other is more straight up villainous with enough heroic moments that T'Challa can still have one night stands with her lol. Redjack's Zanda is the perfect model for the latter because he wrote the hell out of her.

And in terms of Shuri, while I dislike Coates' use of the Griot powers I feel its the most viable way forward for her character. Shuri can't just be T'Challa but female (Hickman) and I dislike turning her into a pure lab rat (MCU). I think a writer needs to find a way to synthesize the two by making her a kind of magitech ninja who stays out the field more than T'Challa but can kick ass when she needs to. Just give the gauntlets a magical component tied to the D'Jalia strip away all but one of her transformations and I think she's sufficiently different enough from T'Challa. Still play up the tech aspect but show she dabbles in the mystical in a way her brother doesn't care to. I was never a big fan of KOTD and I'm fine limiting it to communing with past Panthers and the Spear of Bashenga.

This. Let all that Hickman bullshit stay in the mid-2010's and actually tell innovative stories. Self-contained stories that build on ORIGINAL concepts within the Black Panther mythos should be the priority. Vibranium mutates, the War Dogs, other (non-Heliopolitan) gods, etc. Why people are so eager to see T'Challa go up against irrelevant ass characters with little connection to his world is beyond me. It just perpetuates eternal rivalries with characters he shouldn't be defined by. I don't care about the Black Order or Namor. Give me a revamped Moses Magnum and another political thriller with Achebe and you'd have done good by the character.

And Shuri shouldn't even be part of the conversation as anything more than a side character. It's not a buddy cop adventure, it's Black Panther, and there's only one. If we're talking about who should be his primary supporting character, that shouldn't even go to Shuri, but instead a genuine love interest, which after close to 10 years since his divorce he still doesn't have. That's more concerning to the long term health of the franchise than what role (if any) Shuri has in the books.
    Though I do think rivalries outside of your book is fun, they are limiting. You likely can't kill or really effect them in any meaningful way since you really just borrowing someone else's toys in the sandbox. Doom and Namor are good examples of that.

It can be fun stories, but they shouldn't be the defining ones for a character.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Gui DaSilva-Greene was Chadwick Boseman's stunt double in Captain America Civil War. Meanwhile, Daniel Graham was chosen as the stunt double in Black Panther.
    Thank you for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do think rivalries outside of your book is fun, they are limiting. You likely can't kill or really effect them in any meaningful way since you really just borrowing someone else's toys in the sandbox. Doom and Namor are good examples of that.

It can be fun stories, but they shouldn't be the defining ones for a character.
    Any yet, Doom and Namor both Majorly effected the mythos and both have yet to be punished.

Incredible Member

So who wants a Black Panther vs Predator mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    You read my mind! I don't even care how they set the premise. Have T'challa get stranded on their planet, or have them invade Wakanda to matchup with another warrior race.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You read my mind! I don't even care how they set the premise. Have T'challa get stranded on their planet, or have them invade Wakanda to matchup with another warrior race.
    Due to there nature, it's gotta be T'Challa stranded and is being hibrer by a group of them. That's how your gonna highlight T'Challas badassery

Hey, didn't I already do multiple fan fictions featuring Black Panther vs Predator!

One got lost in the CBR reboot from way back when during the infamous marriage pitting Black Panther and Storm vs Aliens Queen and Predator!
    Get Hectic!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Due to there nature, it's gotta be T'Challa stranded and is being hibrer by a group of them. That's how your gonna highlight T'Challas badassery
    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Hey, didn't I already do multiple fan fictions featuring Black Panther vs Predator!

One got lost in the CBR reboot from way back when during the infamous marriage pitting Black Panther and Storm vs Aliens Queen and Predator!
    Cosigning all of you, because that would be badass.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

any word on who will be writing BP after Coates?