Page 299 of 750 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She'd be a better Dazzler than Storm.
    You're right! That's better casting.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, yeah my G. If I were more tech savvy like some of you guys I would cut and paste, but I believe that it's on Twitter. She was talking that babble. Trying to low key insist on male toxicity stuff. Black excellence is male and female. I don't wanna see anyone that subscribes to Coatesism injected into anything else BP related.
    To be fair, Monoe was talking about misogyny in hip-hop, which is a very real thing no matter how you want to slice it. But of course I believe in uplifting black women and men at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Coates is not a good BP writer. But if we're talking prose I'd argue he's better than most writers who've taken on BP. If he cut back on the poetry he'd be one of the strongest technical writers at Marvel. The dude is an award winning journalist and it shows. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have trash ideas or that he removes any joy from his characters, just that he knows how to construct a sentence that flows well.
    I will remind the thread that Coates' most poetic writing WASN'T his work, but that of a poet named Henry Dumas.

Also, being able to "construct a sentence" is not a major criterion for a good writer of fiction, except in literary circles where concepts like characterization & plot are considered secondary at best, anathema at worst.

He may be able to write pretty words... but his storytelling stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    To be fair, Monoe was talking about misogyny in hip-hop, which is a very real thing no matter how you want to slice it. But of course I believe in uplifting black women and men at the same time.
    Except most of the people who download Hip Hop music, memorize all the lyrics, and attend the concerts ARE women.

And they choose to enjoy that. So who appointed Monae to be the moral arbiter of Hip Hop, censoring what others enjoy?

You know whats a more pressing issue in the Hip Hop world: Male Hip Hop artist being shot to death. Why doesn't she speak on that first?

You know what, I don't want her Black panther II. I feel like she'll ruin it like Brie Larson ruined Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Except most of the people who download Hip Hop music, memorize all the lyrics, and attend the concerts ARE women.

And they choose to enjoy that. So who appointed Monae to be the moral arbiter of Hip Hop, censoring what others enjoy?

You know whats a more pressing issue in the Hip Hop world: Male Hip Hop artist being shot to death. Why doesn't she speak on that first?

You know what, I don't want her Black panther II. I feel like she'll ruin it like Brie Larson ruined Captain Marvel.
    Man homey, your posts are all over the place lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Agents of Wakanda was a fun issue.

During a recent interview with Forbes, West laid out some of his plans for a possible four years as President, and explained that he's using Wakanda - the fictional home nation of T'Challa in Black Panther - as a basis for how he would run things in the good 'ol US of A.

"A lot of Africans do not like the movie [Black Panther] and representation of themselves in...Wakanda. But I’m gonna use the framework of Wakanda right now because it’s the best explanation of what our design group is going to feel like in the White House," he explained.

"That is a positive idea: you got Kanye West, one of the most powerful humans - I’m not saying the most because you got a lot of alien level superpowers and it’s only collectively that we can set it free. Let’s get back to Wakanda...like in the movie in Wakanda when the king went to visit that lead scientist to have the shoes wrap around her shoes. Just the amount of innovation that can happen, the amount of innovation in medicine - like big pharma - we are going to work, innovate, together."

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So he didn't even watch the movie? Just some YouTube clips I guess. Lol

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Who gave him the right to speak for Africans lol

I tried to lurk for a minute but this one draws me out like a metal detector at a scrap yard...

Jonelle Monae as Storm... Alrighty then!

The elders gathered with an intensity never before seen as they seated themselves accordingly near the king set upon his throne.

W'kabi entered with the shackled prisoner gleefully smiling at what he knew was about transpire like an anonymous troll on the internet.

T'challa: "Speak."

Storm: "I'm standing in your house delivering justice to systemic racism... Systemic racism that your king has not delivered."

T'challa stand and stalks over to the white haired prisoner followed by a small band of Doras spears at the ready.

T'challa: "I know who you are and the only reason I don't kill you where you stand is because I sympathize with mutant rights... Now what do you want?"

Storm: "I want the patriarchal throne!"

T'challa: "First off you are not Wakandan... Second, patriarchal???"

Storm: "This country has been run by men for far too long and its time for change."

T'challa sighs heavily and looks over to W'kabi who is doubled over in laughter and refuses to look his king in the eye.

Storm: "Everything from your ships to this vibranium mound are blatant phallic symbols representing oppression of the female dichotomy."

T'challa is completely caught off guard by the topic and tries to deflect...

T'challa: "So you are not here for mutant rights..."

Storm: "Black Mutants Matter of course by I'm here to tear down all systems that do not conform to my multiple agendas that at times come into conflict with each other so I hereby declare... Wakanda-is-CANCELLED!"

Storm begins to shake her head back and forth and waves a finger in T'challa's face as W'kabi is now sprawled on the floor convulsing in muffled guffaws.

T'challa: "Suppose I compromised and agreed to share the throne with you as my queen... We could both affect change together equally."

Storm: "NAW, I'd rather share it with the third Dora from the left."

Ayo smiles at the thought looks around and then regains her composure.

T'challa activates his two steps/three steps ahead super powers and calculates her real true intentions.

T'challa: "I see... Perhaps I should gather all the men of Wakanda and have them neutered effective immediately."

Storm: "YEAH, and tear down all the statues of past Black Panthers as well!"

T'challa: "And let's also eliminate all gender pronouns that are offensive only to YOU."

Storm begins to stir causing massive electrical arcs and wild whipping winds about the chamber startling the curious elders.

Storm: "GODDESS... DO IT!"

Storm reaches an orgasmic like climax as T'challa pulls out a circular mutant suppressant device and crowns her head nullifying her powers instantly.

T'challa ever so slightly kicks W'kabi in the gut...

T'challa: "Okay you got me this time nice prank dude."

W'kabi arises grinning ear to ear...

W'kabi: "I was wondering how long you were going to put up with that... You have more patience than I have."

T'challa: "Get her out of here and be on your toes because I will get you back best believe that!"

Storm: "NO... No... Cut it off... Cut it off..."

T'challa: "You know she is not talking about the nullifier right."

W'kabi: "Hey, I don't care what's going on with the rest of the world but I say we bring back xenophobia just in case."

T'challa: "Secure the borders bro... Secure the borders!"

Burbank, California.

Mickey "Money" Mouse looks over this very recent post and all the money lost over the quarantine period and then summons his secretary.

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Call Coogler and tell him a firm NO on that idea he came up with... We're going in a different direction with Storm."

Secretary: "Are you sure, certain cancel culture communities might come after you."

Mickey holds up Disney late notice bills and the FOX merger shareholders financial concerns and shakes his head affirmatively!
    Get Hectic!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post

We're all about black excellence in here. It's not like we can't do two things at once --- deal with the people who keep shooting hip-hop artists to death, and deal with the people (at the executive and professional levels of hip-hop as an industry, that is) that discount and marginalize female voices. Come to think of it, plenty of black women get shot dead in America as well, and one of the major critiques of the current movement is that black women do show up for black men again and again, contrary to whatever B.S. some might want to push about them not "standing by their men," though when it comes to their own needs and concerns, those are constantly set aside for "later, when we've dealt with the more important stuff." Makes me wonder about how much we as men are willing to stand by the women we address as our queens, even though they've always stood by us.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-08-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks at all comments above.

"Peaceful. Right."

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post

"Peaceful. Right."
    If you think this is bad, you have NO idea how nasty things can get. We're pussycat (panther cubs) in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We're all about black excellence in here. It's not like we can't do two things at once --- deal with the people who keep shooting hip-hop artists to death, and deal with the people (at the executive and professional levels of hip-hop as an industry, that is) that discount and marginalize female voices. Come to think of it, plenty of black women get shot dead in America as well, and one of the major critiques of the current movement is that black women do show up for black men again and again, contrary to whatever B.S. some might want to push about them not "standing by their men," though when it comes to their own needs and concerns, those are constantly set aside for "later, when we've dealt with the more important stuff." Makes me wonder about how much we as men are willing to stand by the women we address as our queens, even though they've always stood by us.
    *lowers vibranium-tipped spear*

Alright ...

But Janelle Monae is still trash though.
    Last edited by Common Writer; 07-09-2020 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post

"Peaceful. Right."
    you have three posts in her and 2 of them are saying mild manner discussion isn't peaceful.

What's your goal homeslice?