Page 3 of 750 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, but fan theories are one thing, seeing it in print is something else entirely. It almost makes me wonder if Zub is lurking around here somewhere, and saw our complaints.
    He obviously reads all my posts.

Notice the part where T'Challa says that "Wakanda has given so much to stabilize their country and the world".

Pretty much ignores Coates' "the country of Wakanda is in shambles." Heck the entire premise of AoW gives Coates' Wakanda a black eye.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

happy new year BP fans and bp!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yeah, but fan theories are one thing, seeing it in print is something else entirely. It almost makes me wonder if Zub is lurking around here somewhere, and saw our complaints.
    Let's hope so, i mean that's the premise to done extent for why he would put the team together

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Let's hope so, i mean that's the premise to done extent for why he would put the team together
    In fairness, he does have the unenviable job of justifying another writer's bad choices.

Christos Gage only makes it look easy

The thing is, Zub didn't need to read this board to hear those complaints... Okoye basically voinced them the minute she saw the line up T'Challa had in mind when the team was first mentioned in Avengers. So this issue needed to be addressed somewhere, in here if not by Aaron in the Avengers book.

Zub in the least gave a SOMEWHAT satisfactory answer. I still do think at some point Aaron needs specific reasons for these specific people to be used.. but if this is all we get, at least it's something. I especially liked the line about them being expendable. It's sort of fun seeing that level of cold bloodedness in the character, in moderation of course.

NYET217-122_2018_224717_hd.jpg

Happy New year fellow Panther fans

Astonishing Member

Happy New Year Black Panther fans, hoping for a great 2020 and beyond for y’all and the King of Wakanda

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Notice the part where T'Challa says that "Wakanda has given so much to stabilize their country and the world".

Pretty much ignores Coates' "the country of Wakanda is in shambles." Heck the entire premise of AoW gives Coates' Wakanda a black eye.
    My friend, I think this only further reinforces Coates’ current story. Wakanda was literally in shambles at the start of his run. Wakanda is now in an unprecedented era of splendor. Shuri’s solo goes on to show us that during the new age of prosperity for Wakanda one thing was missing... the king. He was lost in space on a fact finding mission. When they managed to find him after HE made contact, he came back with a galactic Wakandan empire on his heels. Wakanda has absolutely give much to stabilize their country and the world.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    My friend, I think this only further reinforces Coates’ current story. Wakanda was literally in shambles at the start of his run. Wakanda is now in an unprecedented era of splendor. Shuri’s solo goes on to show us that during the new age of prosperity for Wakanda one thing was missing... the king. He was lost in space on a fact finding mission. When they managed to find him after HE made contact, he came back with a galactic Wakandan empire on his heels. Wakanda has absolutely give much to stabilize their country and the world.
    There's a tiny problem, of course: T'Challa has been appearing regularly in Avengers since before this volume. Other than Shuri, not one book has even hinted that T'Challa was gone for an extended period of time. So either he hasn't left yet (which means that Wakanda is perfectly fine everywhere except Coates' book) or he disappeared & returned at some point in the past, which makes the main BP title something of a lame duck.

Either way, I don't see any evidence that the Avengers-related books are even paying attention to what Coates is doing.

BANNED

There's a tiny problem, of course: T'Challa has been appearing regularly in Avengers since before this volume. Other than Shuri, not one book has even hinted that T'Challa was gone for an extended period of time. So either he hasn't left yet (which means that Wakanda is perfectly fine everywhere except Coates' book) or he disappeared & returned at some point in the past, which makes the main BP title something of a lame duck.

Either way, I don't see any evidence that the Avengers-related books are even paying attention to what Coates is doing.
    I don’t think any books paid close enough attention to his absence outside of Shuri’s. From Black Panther #172 to #1 relaunch we’re led to believe is where he concocts the plan to search for vibranium in deep space. Storm’s current costume finally shows up in in S3 of this run once T’Challa finally returns from deep space. Her current costume is significant because T’Challa and Trinary help create those costumes specifically for Jean Grey’s team in X-men Red. Their complicated relationship is first acknowledged there. This puts the timeframe in perspective.

Fast forward to X-men #4 by Hickman. Wakandan Ambassador Hodari (That’s Coates’ council at work) meets with Magneto, Apocalypse and Xavier. Hodari admits that Wakanda has done exactly the same thing Krakoa is attempting to do so it would be hypocritical to judge mutants for doing the same. At the same declines the deal because Wakanda would rather “settle for the more familial relationship of kings and queens.” Hickman has now made it clear that Wakanda acknowledges the relationship of its king and queen. Hadari Yao is queen in name after all.

A lot has happened. The X-books are actually playing very well with the nuggets Coates has left for them. This is a new age for both Wakanda and Krakoa and both acknowledge the right for the other to exist. The relationship of the king and queen makes them unmistakable bedfellows. It’s a wrap.
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 01-02-2020 at 12:56 AM.

That's pretty common for members of a team book who have solo books though. A lot of stuff is going in in Captain America, Iron Man and Captain Marvel which aren't reflected in the Avengers team book too. Ideally you shouldn't need to know what's going on in the solo books in order to read Avengers. Thor is somewhat of a different matter since it's written by the same guy.

Since books can be days, weeks or even months apart the only time all the books really need to line up together are during company wide cross overs IF the book is actually bothering to cross over. Outside of that, the solo books can and often do their own thing.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I don't think that's true right now, though. They've recently referenced that Wakanda is doing great. The problems of the first arc seem to be in the past.

The lack of attention to continuity bugs me. I wish they at least made a reference to T'Challa having been in space to set the Avengers stuff ahead of it. I know most people dislike this run, but Marvel's shared continuity is part of what makes it special and I wish some effort was made to reconcile it. Besides, I'm pretty sure Ewing referenced Coates run at one point so it's not easy to just pretend the whole thing is out of continuity.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't think that's true right now, though. They've recently referenced that Wakanda is doing great. The problems of the first arc seem to be in the past.

The lack of attention to continuity bugs me. I wish they at least made a reference to T'Challa having been in space to set the Avengers stuff ahead of it. I know most people dislike this run, but Marvel's shared continuity is part of what makes it special and I wish some effort was made to reconcile it. Besides, I'm pretty sure Ewing referenced Coates run at one point so it's not easy to just pretend the whole thing is out of continuity.
    It should be. Nothing from the run benefits T'Challa or Wakanda moving forward. And Zub clearly ignored Coates whole thing with Shuri shade throwing on T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

It's more likely to get mentioned elsewhere after the story is resolved, as mentioning it potentially acts as a spoiler. Given he's in other books, he either hasn't left yet or has left and has already returned. Either way the safer option for most books is to stay clear of it until it's safer to do so. At least if you can get away with it. A Shuri book was obviously harder to do, so they had to address it more.

I do agree effort should be made to reconcile things though.