Page 300 of 750 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post

You know whats a more pressing issue in the Hip Hop world: Male Hip Hop artist being shot to death. Why doesn't she speak on that first?
    hang around gang bangers, sometimes you get gang banged

I mean, really isn't much too that. glorify that life and sometimes you get sucked into it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We're all about black excellence in here. It's not like we can't do two things at once --- deal with the people who keep shooting hip-hop artists to death, and deal with the people (at the executive and professional levels of hip-hop as an industry, that is) that discount and marginalize female voices. Come to think of it, plenty of black women get shot dead in America as well, and one of the major critiques of the current movement is that black women do show up for black men again and again, contrary to whatever B.S. some might want to push about them not "standing by their men," though when it comes to their own needs and concerns, those are constantly set aside for "later, when we've dealt with the more important stuff." Makes me wonder about how much we as men are willing to stand by the women we address as our queens, even though they've always stood by us.
    Exactly this. We can all handle multiple problems at once. There shouldn't be priority in the problems that face the black community. They're all our problems. It's not really hard to turn ones mindset to this.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    you have three posts in her and 2 of them are saying mild manner discussion isn't peaceful.

What's your goal homeslice?
    *looks at his avatar*

*looks at what thread most of his posts are in*

I think he _might_ have a mutant-related agenda.

They canceled the Agents of Wakanda Empyre tie in books too.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-pan...riter-jim-zub/

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Looks at all comments above.

"Peaceful. Right."
    If you think this is bad, you have NO idea how nasty things can get. We're pussycat (panther cubs) in comparison.
    Yeah, there are some firm opinions here, but not like some of the geekwarring that goes on in other threads.

Looks at all comments above.

"Peaceful. Right."
    Really, this is one of the most calm and reasonable threads out there, even at the worst of debate's it very rarely gets to a point of insults or the like, plus this is one of the longest and fastest moving threads as well so whatever debate quickly gets moves on from and people are calm (again people rarely lose their cool) and fine again. Most of the time when this thread starts to get heated it's from someone coming in who doesn't post in here and starts stuff up though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Except most of the people who download Hip Hop music, memorize all the lyrics, and attend the concerts ARE women.

And they choose to enjoy that. So who appointed Monae to be the moral arbiter of Hip Hop, censoring what others enjoy?

You know whats a more pressing issue in the Hip Hop world: Male Hip Hop artist being shot to death. Why doesn't she speak on that first?

You know what, I don't want her Black panther II. I feel like she'll ruin it like Brie Larson ruined Captain Marvel.

We have had a movement called comicsgate who have made it their BUSINESS to censor what other.
    From death threats to doxxing to calling folks EMPLOYMENT to making up stuff they have tried.

And she and MANY have spoken about hip hop artist being killed. Like many so got ignored.
    She is not the one running to the hood signing thugs and wannabe thugs to records deals to sell negative images of black males to white folks.
    She did not hire TI after he got out prison to be in Marvel movies or greenlighted his reality show or constantly gives him a forum to talk down to folks about manhood (something he knows NOTHING about).
    All these crappy reality shows were not funded or green lighted by her.
    She is not one hiring them to do music for NBA 2K games were songs about screwing women and kill folks are included (with censor parts).

So she can't control what others have done in giving those folks a forum to be foolish.

She can't ruin Black Panther 2. The movie is not about HER. Coolger is not like Coates pandering to agendas. He ignore the calls to marginalize Creed for his wife. Chad is not going to be marginalized for her or anybody else. On HIS back that movie made a billion and won 3 Oscars.

Folks thought MBJ was not going to kill it as a villain. He did. Monae could kill it as one of the FEW black female villains in BP lore. heck she could probably be Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    you have three posts in her and 2 of them are saying mild manner discussion isn't peaceful.

What's your goal homeslice?
    I am sorry. I didn't mean to be so negative. I am just not fond of the conversation so far, I really think that the above conversation is not really related to BP in any way, except that Monae wants to play as Storm. I will excuse myself now, have fun.

I am sorry. I didn't mean to be so negative. I am just not fond of the conversation so far, I really think that the above conversation is not really related to BP in any way, except that Monae wants to play as Storm. I will excuse myself now, have fun.
    If you don't like the conversation, then change it, that's the good thing about this BP thread, it moves so fast you can simply change the topic and it will change direction

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Really, this is one of the most calm and reasonable threads out there, even at the worst of debate's it very rarely gets to a point of insults or the like, plus this is one of the longest and fastest moving threads as well so whatever debate quickly gets moves on from and people are calm (again people rarely lose their cool) and fine again. Most of the time when this thread starts to get heated it's from someone coming in who doesn't post in here and starts stuff up though.
    Lol, come on fam!!! The other threads are so dry and thirsty. We poppin' up in here!! This is why we keep going through thread restarts. We can respect those that agree and disagree equally, and still keep things interesting....plus, we have a FLEX!

I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, come on fam!!! The other threads are so dry and thirsty. We poppin' up in here!! This is why we keep going through thread restarts. We can respect those that agree and disagree equally, and still keep things interesting....plus, we have a FLEX!
    This thread moves at hyper speed lol. Every restart and its back to the biggest thread again

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    heck she could probably be Monica.
    She'd be the perfect Monica.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.
    A marketer is always going to favor the bigger brand. BP got an enormous boost with his film's release, but as a brand, I doubt he's yet in Spider-Man's league. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This thread moves at hyper speed lol. Every restart and its back to the biggest thread again
    Honestly, this one's almost too fast. Keeping up is a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    A marketer is always going to favor the bigger brand. BP got an enormous boost with his film's release, but as a brand, I doubt he's yet in Spider-Man's league. Sad, but true.
    Which is basically what I meant by squandered potential. BP is the most successful solo superhero film in _history_, and what does Marvel editorial do?

Let some editorial columnist drag the main title into a poorly-paced exploration of African history and slap his name on a D-list Avengers title.

Utterly wasted. And for what? So they can say that they have a "superstar writer". :P