Page 302 of 750 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 11243

Pulling Receipts...

January 2009 Hudlin Forum Exclusive via Flex Hectic...

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...73407#msg73407

Black Star Wars... Just ignore all that Storm stuff that was back when The Wedding of The Century meant something before the toxic fans got their wish!

As one of Stan Lee's "True Believers" I saw the potential early on for black super heroes to go global with the Black Panther setting the tone and paving the way!

Can't say that I foresaw Disney buying Marvel out but for me it was just a matter of time before a black super hero took center stage!

Blade and Spawn have too much of an adult theme to go viral box office although Joker and Deadpool prove that rated R upsets do happen but Star Wars comes with all the whistles, bells and toys galore for all ages which Black Panther can do!

Once the original Star Wars went tentpole it set up future franchises like Indiana Jones, Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter among others for lucrative intellectual property expansion!

Static Shock could be huge if Milestone launched it with all the possible upgrades at least with the kids in mind as a demographic!

BUT... Disney is dropping the ball in not having awesome toys like that Royal Talon Fighter I'm still waiting for in my virtual reality sandbox!

Ya gotta believe...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.
    It isn't Marvle, it is Sony.

and thanks to the wild success of Spider-Man, they just have to change the main hero and villains. NYC is already done. The game engine is already built. Much easier to make a sequel than make the game from the ground up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Any gamer complaining about Sony and exclusives is likely a PC user with an ax to grind.

Game Exclusives are what the customers really base their decisions on when they buy consoles.

Sony owns the rights to Spider Man and has used Spider Man to push Sony's game systems since Spider Man movies have been a thing.
    If game exclusives were a bad thing, Nintendo would have went out of business decades ago.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

what's her story?

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Pulling Receipts...

January 2009 Hudlin Forum Exclusive via Flex Hectic...

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...73407#msg73407

Black Star Wars... Just ignore all that Storm stuff that was back when The Wedding of The Century meant something before the toxic fans got their wish!

As one of Stan Lee's "True Believers" I saw the potential early on for black super heroes to go global with the Black Panther setting the tone and paving the way!

Can't say that I foresaw Disney buying Marvel out but for me it was just a matter of time before a black super hero took center stage!

Blade and Spawn have too much of an adult theme to go viral box office although Joker and Deadpool prove that rated R upsets do happen but Star Wars comes with all the whistles, bells and toys galore for all ages which Black Panther can do!

Once the original Star Wars went tentpole it set up future franchises like Indiana Jones, Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter among others for lucrative intellectual property expansion!

Static Shock could be huge if Milestone launched it with all the possible upgrades at least with the kids in mind as a demographic!

BUT... Disney is dropping the ball in not having awesome toys like that Royal Talon Fighter I'm still waiting for in my virtual reality sandbox!

Ya gotta believe...
    All they need to do is turn BP into essentially the Arkham series but larger and they are good. He has more then enough rogue's to make a good game with all types of different fighting styles, missions and powers to utilize. I would throw in a SWaD situation at the end personally. Where you essentially run. Around and fight back the invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Where you essentially run. Around and fight back the invasion
    Shadow of War

https://youtu.be/QaOO82mHZgc?t=125

So is the book about Shuri or T'challa?

I mena, im not the demographic for it anyway but, just curious.

As someone who is way more Team T'challa, kinda sick of Shuri lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So is the book about Shuri or T'challa?

I mena, im not the demographic for it anyway but, just curious.

As someone who is way more Team T'challa, kinda sick of Shuri lol
    Well.. given that in the marvel Link on the Twitter, it says "Featuring Marvel's most iconic character s like Miles kamela, Shuri and more!" I have a feeling it's going to be about Shuri. Which I'm fine with Shuri getting some love as Hudlins intention with Shuri was to have a female character for his daughter to look up to. What I don't like is this whole this or that. It's T'Challas mythos and yet marvel keeps trying to push him to the side. Theres a reason, Shuri, BP WOW, BP Crew, Wakanda forever, BP AoW and marvel action BP all failed and sold poorly.. it's because the guy who's name is on the title (and his mythos really) aren't the center focus. They keep trying to do what DC did to their dceu, which is rush isht out without establishing its on it's own.

And I don't understand why it seems like no one other then Redjack seems to be able to understand that T'Challa and Shuri both can be super geniuses. That was the case in BP quest, and for comics Cho hulk had zero issues with the super genius siblings. Don't know why it's so difficult with T'Challa apparently

Well.. given that in the marvel Link on the Twitter, it says "Featuring Marvel's most iconic character s like Miles kamela, Shuri and more!" I have a feeling it's going to be about Shuri. Which I'm fine with Shuri getting some love as Hudlins intention with Shuri was to have a female character for his daughter to look up to. What I don't like is this whole this or that. It's T'Challas mythos and yet marvel keeps trying to push him to the side. Theres a reason, Shuri, BP WOW, BP Crew, Wakanda forever, BP AoW and marvel action BP all failed and sold poorly.. it's because the guy who's name is on the title (and his mythos really) aren't the center focus. They keep trying to do what DC did to their dceu, which is rush isht out without establishing its on it's own.

And I don't understand why it seems like no one other then Redjack seems to be able to understand that T'Challa and Shuri both can be super geniuses. That was the case in BP quest, and for comics Cho hulk had zero issues with the super genius siblings. Don't know why it's so difficult with T'Challa apparently
    if they'd let me drive, nobody would have issues of any kind with anything BP-related. i could update and repair all damage and stabilize the mythology into something everyone could understand and which would not need a complete reboot every time a new writer takes over.

but that ain't happening.

Boisterously Confused

...And I don't understand why it seems like no one other then Redjack seems to be able to understand that T'Challa and Shuri both can be super geniuses. That was the case in BP quest, and for comics Cho hulk had zero issues with the super genius siblings. Don't know why it's so difficult with T'Challa apparently
    The ability build up a character's traits without doing so at the expense of characters around them does not seem to be abundantly distributed among writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    if they'd let me drive, nobody would have issues of any kind with anything BP-related. i could update and repair all damage and stabilize the mythology into something everyone could understand and which would not need a complete reboot every time a new writer takes over.

but that ain't happening.
    Right, because what BP needs to reach the next level is a non comic writing literary "intellectual" who doesn't give two ishts about him or his world but will definitely use it as a backdrop or punching bag for their selfish agenda that ultimately just does more harm to Black folks then good.

Mighty Member

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The ability build up a character's traits without doing so at the expense of characters around them does not seem to be abundantly distributed among writers.
    Truer words were never spoken

Guys I was about ecstatic for .45 seconds, thinking The King in Black was announcing a Black Panther series, or event. Not gonna lie I'm starting to not even care about comics anymore. Long as white male insularity exists as a culture at Marvel comics its useless to think they have the will to really put T'challa on par with their 3 main white heroes. Every time anything comes out BP gets faded, and shaded even more. The same Ewing that was writing Black Panther in a group and had full knowledge of Blue Marvel. Its pure trash to see an opportunity for both to be front and center in a meaningful event. All I'm seeing is BP lurking around like a ghoul and saying almost nothing while all the usual suspects (including carol) are getting looks and real dialogue. Even if their books aren't doing great the importance of the 3 Dwight's is always pushed forward. These men writing literally have no incentive nor the will to present strong black male heroes. Hell, same with X-Men, it's a Dwight show over there, and they at least have the balls to go hard and not pay lip service.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Guys I was about ecstatic for .45 seconds, thinking The King in Black was announcing a Black Panther series, or event. Not gonna lie I'm starting to not even care about comics anymore. Long as white male insularity exists as a culture at Marvel comics its useless to think they have the will to really put T'challa on par with their 3 main white heroes. Every time anything comes out BP gets faded, and shaded even more. The same Ewing that was writing Black Panther in a group and had full knowledge of Blue Marvel. Its pure trash to see an opportunity for both to be front and center in a meaningful event. All I'm seeing is BP lurking around like a ghoul and saying almost nothing while all the usual suspects (including carol) are getting looks and real dialogue. Even if their books aren't doing great the importance of the 3 Dwight's is always pushed forward. These men writing literally have no incentive nor the will to present strong black male heroes. Hell, same with X-Men, it's a Dwight show over there, and they at least have the balls to go hard and not pay lip service.
    After the movie, I kinda gave up on the comics.

If 700 mil domestic aint gonna force a push in the comics, nothing will TBH.

And yeah, I don't wanna pick on other characters but there are certain characters who didn't used to sell who got a push and they keep pushing it while BP is kinda... there. It is just simply there is no one high enough at marvel where BP is there favorite character. So you don't get a say... Donny Cates situation where writing Thor is his dream job so you get these epic, risky stories.

There is a different universe where someone other than Coates had control over the relaunch who actually loved the character and it lead to stories and spin offs that focused on good comic stories instead of boring social issue ham fisted literary garbage.

Oh well, what can you do. I got my trades (thanks to movie popularity, peopel forget they dind't have collected editions), i got my movies, i got EMH, I got Pantherjack *shrug*

See what happens with the Avengers video game and if BP will be fun or not. Not holding my breath (and not buying until he is playable either)