Page 307 of 750 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    In other news, this is a preview from Coates BP run

Attachment 98627
    They released this before Covid. Probably never see the light of day. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That could be part of it. But I think their desire to have a black writer is equally motivated by the lack of interest prominent in-house talent has in writing his solo. While I think there are a handful of white writers that have done right by the character lately, if given the choice to write any character, T’Challa probably isn’t even in their top 5.

I could be wrong and maybe dudes like Ewing and Zdarsky are dying to write Black Panther but can’t, but I’m inclined to think they may “like” the character but not enough to wanna dedicated 20+ issues to him. It’s hard to say what pitches have been made but outside the obligatory “I’ve always thought T’Challa was cool” I rarely see writers gushing about the character or putting him in their list of favorite characters.
    I don't know this for a fact, but I think both Aaron and Hickman like the character. I wouldn't be shocked if either wanted a shot at the character again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    In other news, this is a preview from Coates BP run

Attachment 98627
    that quote is so GD dumb.

It makes no canon sense. Not even in Coates own story.

If T'challa was really gonna bring is best buds to help... he woudlnt' do it based on melanin count for fucks sake.

yes, it is cool to see black heroes together, but don't pretend it is something it isnt. Just throw them together. Freaking Bast like Reed in her damn presence. Has T'challa ever even said a word to fake Fury?

"Black against the Empire" imma vomit.

Hey.. maybe tchalla will die in Empire and he will turn green and it is actually a lost skrull since SW lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know this for a fact, but I think both Aaron and Hickman like the character. I wouldn't be shocked if either wanted a shot at the character again.
    Possibly, that’s what I’m saying. Going by their writing thus far Aaron and Hickman are aware of the BP mythos and like the character well enough. But there’s a difference between liking the character and broadcasting your appreciation for him or saying how much you’d like to write him.

It’s possible that they want to do BP but aren’t being allowed to because they’re white or it could be a matter of them not wanting to do a full BP run and instead wanting to do X-Men or Titans (books Hickman has said in interviews he’d like to write). I don’t get the impression that Hickman would want to do a BP run anymore than he’d want to do say Doctor Strange.

I am not going to quote most of the comments here, but here are my two cents as a writer who has built multiple universes and rebuilt them. A bit self-adversary but I will stop here.

The way I see T'Challa world and his story, the problem is not in how much they favour the hero, because trust me they do like T'Challa, as well and I, I've read some of his comic series and they do have a lot of thought and passion put into them. But if I sit and start trying to build a story for him, where the Universe is included for example if we take the Empyre, or the part where he is a King of a country that doesn't exist and has its set-up of this futuristic tech, where most of the primary characters like T'Challa, Shuri, T'Challa's mother, Kingmonger and Storm as their Queen and Goddess... this is a really tough and huge task to write them correctly. Even I have a hard time imagining and building the world as it was presented so far, it is not about favouritism it is more about, what could you bring more into this already vast and overwhelming world which doesn't exist in the real world.

I do get most people here, that they feel like T'Challa is overlooked or ignored or anything among those lines, but trust me, this is not the problem here. Quite the opposite, I am sure Marvel wants to do justice by T'Challa, but for them to do that, they need an excellent writer. Since the primary writers are already spread thin through the new Marvel Universe, rebuilding it, from almost zero and adding new enemies and council and other stuff in the different parts of the Universe (The X-Men, the Avengers, FF, etc), they will eventually get to T'Challa to introduce him into the renewed Marvel look of modern comics.

Now I do agree that BP has never been the centre of a worldwide event which starts with his notation, but most of you don't see the bigger picture. T'Challa's kingdom, his people, they have their piece of the world, which almost never connects with the real world. Their minds and their traditions are set for Wakanda first like it is the only country that must come first and if any threat regarding it raises, they will deal with it themselves, due to their pride in who they are. They will not allow outsiders to interfere with their business. You can't simply go and write, there is that threat and now Wakanda needs help... this isn't how things work when writing, it will go completely against what Wakanda is and who their king is.

The only significant event which could be tapped and explored is if something happens with the Galactic Empire where it is threatened by universal threat, directly connected with the Wakandians and their nation, religion, traditions. Or we can look something more local, and we can take a more in-depth look into the Atlantians and their constant grudges with the Wakandians. The other possibility would be to create an entirely new villain who is a worldwide threat which levels to Universal risk with a significant event and Major events, and their creation is tough to build. Not only several writers must communicate with each other, but the entire story must spread out throughout all comics events, which will drag Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. and slowly build into something incredibly vast. Now for such an event to happen, there must be a prime writer who has the main idea. And that prime writer MUST know, everything there is to know about BP comics Universe and have at least a batch of fresh new ideas which does not exist in the world of BP at that point. Putting the prime idea of the nation, their king and everything connected with BP in jeopardy. He must do them justice. And if you think that this is simple or easy, let me tell you right now that this is almost impossible.

There is a lot of things going on behind the scenes when comes to writing such significant events, and it is not as simple as to only one writer writing it down, and only one character is essential. That won't be fair to the entire Universe. Now a full team, being the centre of it, this is an entirely different topic.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-11-2020 at 07:15 PM.

^^^^^

Ur acting like other writers didn't write a black panther solo book before....

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Here's the real problem...

Since Redjack is on the table and has a hit cartoon which technically is a separate department, he should have at least been a part of some creative team on the multiple books featuring Black Panther!

World of Wakanda... Agents... etc... Pick one!

How is he soooooo on the outside of everything comic related even if only as a consultant while books like Shuri and Killmonger are straight flopping???

How is your relay team getting smoked out the blocks and you have Usain Bolt sitting on the sidelines not suiting up to carry the baton for at least one leg!

Michael Jordan on the bench with two minutes left in regulation and you down 10 points...

"Hey coach... Uhm... Are we trying to win here or what?"

Who loves T'challa who doesn't is irrelevant when it comes down to moving slow selling comics off the shelf!

How does someone at Disney or Marvel not know that Redjack is interacting here at CBR or any other fans about this character... This is sales and marketing 101!

A host that mingles raises the potential of retention...

Once an ongoing comic gets to less than 20,000 in sales is there not a random accountant that looks at the books and notifies Mickey Mouse of the bills that have to be paid in that department!

My brother works for Disney I have had friends and clients that have worked for Disney but I do not understand their position on the comics side as compared to Pixar, ESPN, ABC and Marvel Studios (MCU)

This is worse than when Apple came out with the trashcan Mac Pro and did not update it for years until another CEO came in and docked certain executives pay increases before announcing a brand new Mac Pro and apologizing to loyal customers for the oversight!

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/04/04...-to-pro-users/

And where is my freaking Royal Talon Fighter to play with my vibranium rubber ducky in the tub...

1.3 Billion Dollars is supposed to move mountains!!!
    Get Hectic!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    They will not allow outsiders to interfere with their business. You can't simply go and write, there is that threat and now Wakanda needs help... this isn't how things work when writing, it will go completely against what Wakanda is and who their king is.

The only significant event which could be tapped and explored is if something happens with the Galactic Empire where it is threatened by universal threat, directly connected with the Wakandians and their nation, religion, traditions. Or we can look something more local, and we can take a more in-depth look into the Atlantians and their constant grudges with the Wakandians. The other possibility would be to create an entirely new villain who is a worldwide threat which levels to Universal risk with a significant event and Major events, and their creation is tough to build. Not only several writers must communicate with each other, but the entire story must spread out throughout all comics events, which will drag Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. and slowly build into something incredibly vast. Now for such an event to happen, there must be a prime writer who has the main idea. And that prime writer MUST know, everything there is to know about BP comics Universe and have at least a batch of fresh new ideas which does not exist in the world of BP at that point. Putting the prime idea of the nation, their king and everything connected with BP in jeopardy. He must do them justice. And if you think that this is simple or easy, let me tell you right now that this is almost impossible.

There is a lot of things going on behind the scenes when comes to writing such significant events, and it is not as simple as to only one writer writing it down, and only one character is essential. That won't be fair to the entire Universe. Now a full team, being the centre of it, this is an entirely different topic.
    Yet we saw The X-Men bring thier business to Wakanda and got the place FLOODED-a feat MANY want to happen again to finish the job.

Ms marvel's boyfriend had no trouble going to school in Wakanda.

How many times has Atlantis or Asgard or Paradise Island or Gotham or Metropolis been in danger and all those folks had ZERO issue with getting outsider help?

How many events have we seen boil down to ONE guy even at the EXPENSE of others? because Bat God worship elsewhere has derailed a LOT of books and hamper the development of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Now that I've checked the preview, they might kill Tchalla until BP2.
    Unless the cover page for Empyre #6 is misleading, T'Challa seems very much alive.

Last edited by XJlock; 07-12-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Unless the cover page for Empyre #6 is misleading, T'Challa seems very much alive.

As Digicom pointed out earlier this week, Tchalla was on the cover of the final Agents issue and didnt have one panel in the book. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet we saw The X-Men bring thier business to Wakanda and got the place FLOODED-a feat MANY want to happen again to finish the job.

Ms marvel's boyfriend had no trouble going to school in Wakanda.
    Had no idea that Inferno was studying in Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How many times has Atlantis or Asgard or Paradise Island or Gotham or Metropolis been in danger and all those folks had ZERO issue with getting outsider help?

How many events have we seen boil down to ONE guy even at the EXPENSE of others? because Bat God worship elsewhere has derailed a LOT of books and hamper the development of others.
    And here you are touching on a very good side. Now, Wakanda and T'Challa don't mind helping outsiders don't get my post wrongly. They will help the world, other city in-danger, etc. But when it comes to Wakanda business, it is Wakanda business. The only people who Black Panther allowed helping him with Wakanda business was Storm and Captain America. Storm was the only one who flew through Wakanda's territory without being taken down and assists with dangers.

Even BP rarely lets the Avengers, his team, helping with the business of Wakanda and only if the threat is outside Wakanda, the other person who was allowed to help for inner issues with Wakanda was Captain America, who is an outsider, but that is pretty much.

We are talking here for the pride of the warrior, and not just one warrior but all Wakandian Warriors. Even their Politics are over prided with Wakanda and that stops them from accepting outside help. There is a difference between offering help, accepting it and getting help from the one who didn't accept. What you are covering is Wakanda and T'Challa offering help to Atlantis, Asgard, Gotham, Metropolis, etc but not accepting help from them.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Had no idea that Inferno was studying in Wakanda.
    It was Bruno and in Ms. Marvel issue 18 of the previous run. It was a good read. I think that side plot is wrapped up in issue 29 and 30.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think a guy like Evan can write a good BP book ... but I'm not sure he would elevate him. I think you need an event level writer like an Aaron or a Hickman or a Spencer. These are the guys who end up writing the books which end up the spine of the MU, and their guys naturally are at the center of it all.
    The book doesn't really need to elevate him. He is one of the people working on one of the most anticipated videogames of the next generation for the most well renowned comic book franchise ever: Spider-Man: Miles Morales. In a way, I think he will be doing the BP mythos a favour by writing a solo.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 07-12-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was Bruno and in Ms. Marvel issue 18 of the previous run. It was a good read. I think that side plot is wrapped up in issue 29 and 30.
    Is that worth reading? Is it wakanda based?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The book doesn't really need to elevate him. He is one of the people working on one of the most anticipated videogames of the next generation for the most well renowned comic book franchise ever: Spider-Man: Miles Morales. In a way, I think he will be doing the BP mythos a favour by writing a solo.
    I like RotBP. I bought it and I don't buy much physical.

And it sold too. For a mini, it sold really well actually.

Evan definitely likes the character, definitely respects the character, definitely respects the mythos. It was refreshing. And I really liked the art.

You could definitely tell Evan was green and new to comic writing though. At times, he over did the dialogue and his plots were a little ambitious for a mini and thus at times, crammed a bit.

Now, if he had a full solo, he might be able to let those ideas breath a bit and the story would be a bit better.

I wouldn't hate it one bit. I'd be pretty excited just for the fact that I could simply read and critique the STORY instead of critiquing the various ways the author hates the character lol

But, imo, if Marvel were going to go with a more off beat or niche writer, Geoffrey simply makes more sense IMO. He's written for them multiple times, has more experience at Marvel as a whole, and has been in the game a lot longer. Which tells me they are going to try and make a splash instead and hope for that Coate like publiciity, storytelling ability be damned.

I really really really really think the next writer will be a black woman because that will make the news for a couple days.

If they keep it in house with a writer with a "name," Saladin Ahmed intrigues me the most. Decent name, writing Miles, and isn't white. And I was be ecstatic with that choice.