Page 318 of 750 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can't tell you how many events I have seen in my store's 25 cent bin (when he has those sales) and see tie-in books (some that came out that week) in there.

Don't get me started on how tired a LOT of store owners I know are of a certain crime fighter and clown in some place called Gotham and the X-Men.

Sad thing is Marvel pandered to those folks and now they are screaming "TOO MUCH!" They are forcing that fanbase to put their money where thier mouth is. But sooner than later you have to slow down.

If those books went for $4 each. $88. Not counting variants. And you KNOW who is going to have a sale??? Midtown. Just like with Joker Wars and Empyre.

I would love to see a Black Panther event (not 22 issues maybe 7).

Since he is about to make Marvel (and DC history) if he gets a new series-he'll hit 200 issues. Other than Spawn and Malcolm Dragon (who is at 157 as the lead) in Savage Dragon have more.

Why can't that be an event?
    In marvel, major events typically go to the major architect writers. If say Aaron or Hickman end up writing BP I think there's a solid chance we'd get a BP event.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can't tell you how many events I have seen in my store's 25 cent bin (when he has those sales) and see tie-in books (some that came out that week) in there.

Don't get me started on how tired a LOT of store owners I know are of a certain crime fighter and clown in some place called Gotham and the X-Men.

Sad thing is Marvel pandered to those folks and now they are screaming "TOO MUCH!" They are forcing that fanbase to put their money where thier mouth is. But sooner than later you have to slow down.

If those books went for $4 each. $88. Not counting variants. And you KNOW who is going to have a sale??? Midtown. Just like with Joker Wars and Empyre.

I would love to see a Black Panther event (not 22 issues maybe 7).

Since he is about to make Marvel (and DC history) if he gets a new series-he'll hit 200 issues. Other than Spawn and Malcolm Dragon (who is at 157 as the lead) in Savage Dragon have more.

Why can't that be an event?
    Because apparently, we just can't have nice things. I mean, they're about to make a big event out of Amazing Spider-Man hitting 850 total issues --- not even 900 yet --- but they can't do something like that for Black Panther?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sometimes they really do make waiting for the trade seem more viable...
    It makes waiting for Marvel Unlimited seem perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I highly doubt it's actually like that, and I have no idea why it's being marketed as such. I guess we'll see.
    I feel like it's marketed that way to encourage everyone to buy everything.

The problem is, absent clarification, I don't know what parts to buy.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

=

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

The problem is, absent clarification, I don't know what parts to buy.
    Yeah, I mean, I here this and instantly go, "i don't have time to figure all of that out"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    this would be an interesting battle.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hulk is like "I will bite and scratch you, roar!"

Did you guys check this? Empyre. Check the video.

I am disturbed by one of the lines: "A king shall fall." And then they show BP.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    Did you guys check this? Empyre. Check the video.

I am disturbed by one of the lines: "A king shall fall." And then they show BP.
    Yes, we saw. But we know Teddy is not the villain and Tchalla has the sword in hand during a battle in Wakanda, so I'm looking for the misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Yes, we saw. But we know Teddy is not the villain and Tchalla has the sword in hand during a battle in Wakanda, so I'm looking for the misdirection.
    Honestly, the preview pages of Wakanda under attack and the HZ and Dora's getting their asses kicked doesn't inspire much confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, the preview pages of Wakanda under attack and the HZ and Dora's getting their asses kicked doesn't inspire much confidence
    Long are the days of old.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Long are the days of old.

The G.O.A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    The G.O.A.T.
    Yooooooo, got goosebumps just remembering the levels depth and @$$-kickery in this story. This is in their wheelhouse, yet nobody understands THAT'S how this man and his should always be portrayed! I'm looking at Ewing side-eye now cause this was also a perfect set up for T'challa to be tied heavily into Empyre and even that has been pissed away so far. With the sneak preview of future issues have less faith that Marvel comics as a whole even care about anything not Iron Man, Captain America, or Spiderman.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yooooooo, got goosebumps just remembering the levels depth and @$$-kickery in this story. This is in their wheelhouse, yet nobody understands THAT'S how this man and his should always be portrayed! I'm looking at Ewing side-eye now cause this was also a perfect set up for T'challa to be tied heavily into Empyre and even that has been pissed away so far. With the sneak preview of future issues have less faith that Marvel comics as a whole even care about anything not Iron Man, Captain America, or Spiderman.
    No one ever picked up this thread ever since; it's like damn Wakanda is one of the African countries that fought off the colonial powers it's in their blood, yet over and over they show Wakanda getting invaded all the damn time

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    No one ever picked up this thread ever since; it's like damn Wakanda is one of the African countries that fought off the colonial powers it's in their blood, yet over and over they show Wakanda getting invaded all the damn time

Yeah....

Even "fans" forget this is a warrior nation first, technological powerhouse second, (maybe or maybe not progressive enlightened 3rd).

These events should be a chance for T'challa to stand up and go, "yo, you mofo's forgot what is in our DNA? We live for this ****"

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, Wakanda should be fictional (emphasis on fictional) Sparta. Getting a chance to die in glorious battle defending the homeland is a blessing from Bast.

This scholarly philosophy **** is for the birds. Wakanda is TINY. Their whole technology and philosophy should centered around war as a means of survival.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html