Page 326 of 750 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Coates permanently dead the "issue" by making it clear it was no longer supported. Under Priest it was ceremonial and had fallen out of practice but legally speaking, if T'Challa wanted to he could still take a Dora as a wife.

Hudlin soft fixed the issue by clearly depicting the Dora as in the same age range as T'Challa but Coates took the final step and put the nail in the coffin. It wasn't necessary, but it was the most definitive statement in the character's publication history that the Dora are not his wives or wives to be under any legal or cultural pretenses anymore.
    Yes Coates put it to rest.. he just had to drag T'Challa, Wakanda, abd men in general through the mud in the process, all the while making everyone involved look incredibly stupid abd hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Still no BP issues in the October solicits, just a Shuri trade and a Hudlin hardcover. He's on two covers, but not with any real focus.

He DOES get an Alex Ross cover on the Avengers issue, as part of the "timeless variants", tho. It hasn't been released (but both Black Bolt & Medusa have…)
    Caps eyes look weird I. Thst first cover.. also yeah I'm kinda sick of T'Challa always seeming I. The background or off to the side. It's very annoying

Strikeforce got cancelled, so I guess Blade gets to come back to the team. lol

The second cover must be for the Empyre hardcover. Isn't that the cover of issue 0 or 1?

Just checking out future solicitations, funny how the description mentions a fever pitched battle in ...Wakanda, who's on that cover? Ben Grim and She-Hulk. Also I. Cool news guess who got the own focus book for this whole Empyre event being tied to the Avengers team right now. The current leader of said team T'challa right? No! Good old, I got this here Shield and fancy moves Captain America! Why? Well cause, reasons???

My faith in Ewing is officially in the trash now. This is a guy that wrote Black Panther and for what it's worth Blue Marvel and to see the treatment both are getting...???!! I check back in to see what new writer is brought on, if BP gets a new book. However these clowns can kick rocks with this. Everything is Thor, Iron Man, Cap. Let the comics as a company go where DC is about to go to.
    Last edited by dkrook; 07-23-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It's annoying when the haters were right about making BP the leader of the Avengers: it was just done because of the film's popularity.

Thought everyone might like this.
    https://www.cbr.com/empyre-black-pan...ous-man-alive/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

You think it's so much Ewing as much as editorial/marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You think it's so much Ewing as much as editorial/marketing?
    Yeah, the unspoken truth seems to play out that when you're at a certain level you dictate 3/4 th of your output. Also considering Ewings own interviews where HE stated he sat down with Slott and they threw all the characters and plotting together. To address your question again, would sense would it make to have the leader of your team NOT be shown prominent as you market the book. Conversely if it cover doesn't then why do you think Cap of so many others is there they could gone with mostly anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I have 3 words for Mr Ewing & Mr. Slott:

Show, Don't Tell.

"Boy"?

That's an odd word for that sentence. Only one reason I can think of that they would use it. Lol.

ahhhhhhh

So they are building him up as the most dangerous man alive, so when they kill him off, it is a "uh oh" moment for the heroes.

Like Avenger bad guys beating up Thor.

T'challa is doomed

Kill him off, then release the last three issues of Coates run as "Last chance ot see black panther" + fan outrage (fake twitter kind) to pump up his sales, then he stays dead until BP2

Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-23-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, the unspoken truth seems to play out that when you're at a certain level you dictate 3/4 th of your output. Also considering Ewings own interviews where HE stated he sat down with Slott and they threw all the characters and plotting together. To address your question again, would sense would it make to have the leader of your team NOT be shown prominent as you market the book. Conversely if it cover doesn't then why do you think Cap of so many others is there they could gone with mostly anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I have 3 words for Mr Ewing & Mr. Slott:

Show, Don't Tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ahhhhhhh

So they are building him up as the most dangerous man alive, so when they kill him off, it is a "uh oh" moment for the heroes.

Like Avenger bad guys beating up Thor.

T'challa is doomed

Kill him off, then release the last three issues of Coates run as "Last chance ot see black panther" + fan outrage (fake twitter kind) to pump up his sales, then he stays dead until BP2

Sorry about this fellas I wasn't trying to bring bad news. I just thought it was pretty cool to have T'Challa being called what he's pretty much always been.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Sorry about this fellas I wasn't trying to bring bad news. I just thought it was pretty cool to have T'Challa being called what he's pretty much always been.
    Ewing loves his continuity nuggets

He would pull that title from Liss's run

really feels like a build up before he gets stabbed by that sword *shrug*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    "Boy"?

That's an odd word for that sentence. Only one reason I can think of that they would use it. Lol.
    Swordsman is calling Quoi "boy" in that bit