Page 327 of 750 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Sorry about this fellas I wasn't trying to bring bad news. I just thought it was pretty cool to have T'Challa being called what he's pretty much always been.
    You're good! True fans like us love the acknowledgement, however the writers are doing nothing but head fakes. Like Digicom said, show us T'challa making the global strategy, let's see Captain America following the lead, where is Thor battling beside and giving big ups to his tactical acumen. These things were all on display in the Infinity graphic novel for Captain America! Geoff Johns slathered about loving Cyborg and really wanting to see John Stewart play important role in DC. Any of us can read up on how those 2 were dumped on the daily. Naw I don't rightly care about throw away lines. Come on Marvel....SHOW US ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Just checking out future solicitations, funny how the description mentions a fever pitched battle in ...Wakanda, who's on that cover? Ben Grim and She-Hulk. Also I. Cool news guess who got the own focus book for this whole Empyre event being tied to the Avengers team right now. The current leader of said team T'challa right? No! Good old, I got this here Shield and fancy moves Captain America! Why? Well cause, reasons???

My faith in Ewing is officially in the trash now. This is a guy that wrote Black Panther and for what it's worth Blue Marvel and to see the treatment both are getting...???!! I check back in to see what new writer is brought on, if BP gets a new book. However these clowns can kick rocks with this. Everything is Thor, Iron Man, Cap. Let the comics as a company go where DC is about to go to.
    He's on the cover of 3 pretty prominently.

You're good! True fans like us love the acknowledgement, however the writers are doing nothing but head fakes. Like Digicom said, show us T'challa making the global strategy, let's see Captain America following the lead, where is Thor battling beside and giving big ups to his tactical acumen. These things were all on display in the Infinity graphic novel for Captain America! Geoff Johns slathered about loving Cyborg and really wanting to see John Stewart play important role in DC. Any of us can read up on how those 2 were dumped on the daily. Naw I don't rightly care about throw away lines. Come on Marvel....SHOW US ALL!
    I hear ya. There has been a severe lack of great story telling for T'Challa. If you didn't know it you would think Cap is still the leader of this team.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I hear ya. There has been a severe lack of great story telling for T'Challa. If you didn't know it you would think Cap is still the leader of this team.
    For the first issue of Empyre I actually got the sense that Tony was calling the shots honestly.

But I think the Avengers to some degree are like that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funny enough, didn't this latest Avengers run really start with the "Big Three" --- Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor (Odinson) --- realizing they needed to step back and establish new leadership, i.e. Black Panther as their chairperson, in order to restore trust and credibility with the public after the last few years (real-life and in-universe) of B.S.? The whole point of that was to enable the Avengers to move forward into the future with a bright, brave, new vision . . . and yet with Marvel still positioning Cap and Tony at the center of everything to do with the Avengers, that starts to feel kind of like a charade.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, didn't this latest Avengers run really start with the "Big Three" --- Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor (Odinson) --- realizing they needed to step back and establish new leadership, i.e. Black Panther as their chairperson, in order to restore trust and credibility with the public after the last few years (real-life and in-universe) of B.S.? The whole point of that was to enable the Avengers to move forward into the future with a bright, brave, new vision . . . and yet with Marvel still positioning Cap and Tony at the center of everything to do with the Avengers, that starts to feel kind of like a charade.
    I doubt long term Cap, Thor and Tony will ever stop being the central focus of the Avengers.

You can potentially add to that (I think they are trying with Tchalla and Carol to some degree), but not really subtract.

I think the previous Wade version was actually more of a new direction. This one seems more on the classic side of things.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Marvel is afraid of letting go of the status quo, and it's why their comics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Marvel is afraid of letting go of the status quo, and it's why their comics suck.
    That's a bit of a double edged sword though. Plenty of DC fans in the past have claimed their comics sucked when they strayed too far from status quo. People will complain either way.

Well I said what I said. There's no point having it being announced that the Big Three Avengers have chosen Marvel's premiere black character is now the leader of the Avengers, and have it be publicised everywhere, only for it to not matter where it counts the most.

Marvel still wants to market their comics with Captain America and Iron Man at the front of every cover, because it's the status quo to do so. If they really were about it instead of just talking about it, they'd have T'Challa actually leading this event. But he isn't. Iron Man and the Fantastic Four are. The leader of the Avengers isn't leading an Avengers event.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's a bit of a double edged sword though. Plenty of DC fans in the past have claimed their comics sucked when they strayed too far from status quo. People will complain either way.
    Of course some people will complain, but after a certain point, keeping the status quo for the sake of keeping certain people happy and comfortable --- especially when that comes at the expense of people who have been historically and continually marginalized by said status quo --- isn't a good way to move the superhero genre and comics industry forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Of course some people will complain, but after a certain point, keeping the status quo for the sake of keeping certain people happy and comfortable --- especially when that comes at the expense of people who have been historically and continually marginalized by said status quo --- isn't a good way to move the superhero genre and comics industry forward.
    There's a reason why Grant Morrison said this years ago in regards to X-Men. That run was not only great and ahead of it's time. Hickman is arguably doing the exact same thing he did almost a decade ago. Now look at how happy X-Men fans are and how exciting those books are.

You can't keep doing the same thing over and over again.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 07-23-2020 at 03:44 PM.

There's a reason why Grant Morrison said this years ago in regards to X-Men. That run was not only great and ahead of it's time. Hickman is arguably doing the exact same thing he did almost a decade ago. Now look at how exciting X-Men fans are and how exciting those books are.

Pretty much this.

Well I said what I said. There's no point having it being announced that the Big Three Avengers have chosen Marvel's premiere black character is now the leader of the Avengers, and have it be publicised everywhere, only for it to not matter where it counts the most.

Marvel still wants to market their comics with Captain America and Iron Man at the front of every cover, because it's the status quo to do so. If they really were about it instead of just talking about it, they'd have T'Challa actually leading this event. But he isn't. Iron Man and the Fantastic Four are. The leader of the Avengers isn't leading an Avengers event.
    What this /\/\/\ guy said all day!

Yeah, the unspoken truth seems to play out that when you're at a certain level you dictate 3/4 th of your output. Also considering Ewings own interviews where HE stated he sat down with Slott and they threw all the characters and plotting together. To address your question again, would sense would it make to have the leader of your team NOT be shown prominent as you market the book. Conversely if it cover doesn't then why do you think Cap of so many others is there they could gone with mostly anyone.
    I get it, it's just Ewing has kind of been upfront about the fact that he doesn't believe in those kinds of character tiers so it's not something I would expect from him, but it's still disappointing all the same.
    There's a reason why Grant Morrison said this years ago in regards to X-Men. That run was not only great and ahead of it's time. Hickman is arguably doing the exact same thing he did almost a decade ago. Now look at how happy X-Men fans are and how exciting those books are.

Conversely ANAD was probably one of the more controversial era's for the Marvel fandom.

I think at the end of the day it's all in the execution and the kind of changes you make.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    "Boy"?

That's an odd word for that sentence. Only one reason I can think of that they would use it. Lol.
    I thought the same thing. very cringy but other than that very nice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!