Page 33 of 750 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Incredible Member

That is straight fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Love it.

Could be a good model for a solo videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Awesome. This needs to be a statue or action figure.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, how DARE Coogler take his time!

It's not like the original Black Panther made more money than all of Waititi's movies combined or anything.. he should just crank BP2 out quickly!
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not really that wild. Thor is part of Phase 4, while BP isn't. Obviously Coogler has more time if his movie comes out later. If BP was part of phase 4 and Thor wasn't, I imagine the reverse would be true.
    Don't get me wrong I want Coogler to take his time. Its more the fact he's done no movie at all. Nolan was able to drop The Prestige after Batman Begins and then followed up with TDK.

I have issues with the Russos, but dropping 4 films in 5 to 6 years is very impressive. I didn't need that.

I'm ok with 4 years between BP movies. Its more that he's done zero films in between that time. I had hopes he'd at least do another film before getting back to comic books. In fact thats why people here kept saying we should wait on the sequel because Coogler was busy doing another film.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Don't get me wrong I want Coogler to take his time. Its more the fact he's done no movie at all. Nolan was able to drop The Prestige after Batman Begins and then followed up with TDK.

I have issues with the Russos, but dropping 4 films in 5 to 6 years is very impressive. I didn't need that.

I'm ok with 4 years between BP movies. Its more that he's done zero films in between that time. I had hopes he'd at least do another film before getting back to comic books. In fact thats why people here kept saying we should wait on the sequel because Coogler was busy doing another film.
    He produced three films (including the Creed sequel) and is writing another. *shrug*

He produced three films (including the Creed sequel) and is writing another. *shrug*
    C'mon you know some of that was producer in name only. He admitted he just let Caple do his thing on Creed 2.

Spielberg is tied to producing films all the time.

I believe he also co-created a baby.

(his wife was showing last February, so she's given birth by now)

I believe he also co-created a baby.

(his wife was showing last February, so she's given birth by now)
    Forgot about that. Thats fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    C'mon you know some of that was producer in name only. He admitted he just let Caple do his thing on Creed 2.

Spielberg is tied to producing films all the time.
    Last I checked hes trying to get a movie with Jordan about the richest king in hisotry. And the movie with Coates about ATL SATs. Those are probably going to take more effort to get produced. Seems like he doesn't just do movies, he does projects he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wouldn't say bland, but Marvel is hesitant to use Thor's larger mythos. In that regard, Panther fans are lucky, especially because we have less to work with.
    How do you figure we have less to work with?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How do you figure we have less to work with?
    Thor's had a published comic for decades. He took a hiatus for a bit, but he still has hundreds of stories to pull from, whereas T'Challa does not.

Thor's had a published comic for decades. He took a hiatus for a bit, but he still has hundreds of stories to pull from, whereas T'Challa does not.
    We do not have less to work with.

You guys talking about this stuff has made me so hungry to get another shot at this mythology but it's a meal that's just not on my table.

So, thanks for NOTHING, Panther fans. Now, I just have to suffer.

Which I was not doing before.

Bastards.

Ah, well quantity doesn't always mean it will be a good story. I mean I am sure some stories of his wouldn't hold in todays time. But really there are a few BP movie's stories I'd like to see adapted abd since they only do a few solo movies for characters, i think we will get the best stories

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I was watchin this interview that Coates did with Jason Reynolds at NY Comic Con 2017. If you watch to the video at 10:50 to 15:00 and 26:55 to 29:00. Reynolds ask questions to Coates along the same thinking many of us would initially have of someone getting to write Black panther. Coates response let's you know why we have been getting the Crap Panther we've been getting for the past 4 yrs.

55:35 to 57:45 shows why Coates will NEVER consider any of our inputs in the message board regarding BP.