Page 345 of 750 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So what you're saying is instead of Black Panther, the Illuminati needed Dr. Voodoo.

They could have gotten him at a cheaper price too.

Prior to that one scene with the zombies, T'Challa was pretty useful as far as supplying a base of operation and resources. They likely wouldn't keep Thanos and the Cabal imprisoned in Voodoo's basement.

But for the very very very very last part yeah, you can argue Voodoo might have been just as useful.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Prior to that one scene with the zombies, T'Challa was pretty useful as far as supplying a base of operation and resources. They likely wouldn't keep Thanos and the Cabal imprisoned in Voodoo's basement.

But for the very very very very last part yeah, you can argue Voodoo might have been just as useful.
    Voodoo probably could have provided a pocket dimension for them to hold Thanos. A lot more secure than a basement. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Voodoo probably could have provided a pocket dimension for them to hold Thanos. A lot more secure than a basement. Lol.
    Reed or Strange could have done that too. Honestly them keeping the Cabal in Necropolis was probably a bit lazy on their part.

That was for the crowd, in council chambers she was the one petitioning that people should have to give up their lives outside of Krakoa. If she didnt still identify as black and African, she wouldn't need to bring that up. She could just live on Krakoa.
    that is not what she said. you have to use the words they actually write, not the ones you wish were there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

See below.

Strange should have thought of that. Or at least set up their base of operations on the moon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'd go further than that. Its entire purpose was so Hickman could pull off that worthless zombie scene.
    Nah I think it's entire purpose was for him to get scolded by his dad and ancestors. That's what he most consistently showed him using his kotd power for

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    in fact it does PRECISELY that.

that's the entire point of the Krakoa storyline.

sorry.

She self-IDs as Mutant. They all do. That's what's up NOW.
    why then does she tell the council that they can't simply run away from the world. it seems you glossed over that part:

That was for the crowd, in council chambers she was the one petitioning that people should have to give up their lives outside of Krakoa. If she didnt still identify as black and African, she wouldn't need to bring that up. She could just live on Krakoa.
    i think you meant shouldn't* but thank you for speaking the facts!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why then does she tell the council that they can't simply run away from the world. it seems you glossed over that part:

i think you meant shouldn't* but thank you for speaking the facts!
    she doesn't say or do that.

She's talking, specifically, to Doug Ramsey about his views on property ownership vis a vis Krakoa being a person, not a place. There's nothing inconsistent with what she said privately, in the council, and what she said to the giant group. in fact, Storm's character would mean she would NEVER say one thing in private that wasn't true in public.

sorry, guys. I don't make the rules.

the entire point of the storyline has the mutants running around gathering ALL the world's mutants because that is their true, only tribe and Krakoa is their home. Any other spin flies in the face of the very clear story line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah I think it's entire purpose was for him to get scolded by his dad and ancestors. That's what he most consistently showed him using his kotd power for
    It was a multi-purpose tool. KotD gave T'Challa a kingly title and upped his power levels to HSH status, which basically made him how he was before losing the throne. It also was used to sustain a plot point of expectation vs responsibility (him getting scolded), while setting up a badass scene in Secret Wars. These are almost entirely plot-driven reasons and I strongly doubt Hickman gave the concept much thought outside that.

That being the case, I think it's hard to deny the potential of KotD in terms of marketing and lore-building. It's one of those things that needs to streamlined in the MCU for import into the comics, much like Okoye. I'm 100% sure that most of the complaints about KotD will evaporate when Coogler does his take on it lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

in fact it does PRECISELY that.

that's the entire point of the Krakoa storyline.

sorry.

She self-IDs as Mutant. They all do. That's what's up NOW.

She's talking, specifically, to Doug Ramsey about his views on property ownership vis a vis Krakoa being a person, not a place. There's nothing inconsistent with what she said privately, in the council, and what she said to the giant group. in fact, Storm's character would mean she would NEVER say one thing in private that wasn't true in public.

the entire point of the storyline has the mutants running around gathering ALL the world's mutants because that is their true, only tribe and Krakoa is their home. Any other spin flies in the face of the very clear story line.
    she's charging them to go out and actively live in the world. if she's promoting this isolationist idea of thought you claim she wouldn't tell her colleagues to go out and live amongst humans. moreover, both in black panther and in marauders she's doing exactly that working alongside humans:

Screenshot_20200731-214437_Samsung Internet.jpg

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Maybe she was saying a mutant should not have to live in Krakoa if they did not have to.

That is what she means. She is not the only mutant who has found life outside the X-Men.

It does not prove she claims being black. It proves she wants mutants to have a choice.

Have we forgotten all the mutants of color that are in X-Men. I know it's hard with so many being background or if they are black males-killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It was a multi-purpose tool. KotD gave T'Challa a kingly title and upped his power levels to HSH status, which basically made him how he was before losing the throne. It also was used to sustain a plot point of expectation vs responsibility (him getting scolded), while setting up a badass scene in Secret Wars. These are almost entirely plot-driven reasons and I strongly doubt Hickman gave the concept much thought outside that.

That being the case, I think it's hard to deny the potential of KotD in terms of marketing and lore-building. It's one of those things that needs to streamlined in the MCU for import into the comics, much like Okoye. I'm 100% sure that most of the complaints about KotD will evaporate when Coogler does his take on it lol.
    I was being a bit sarcastic. I know there was more to it, but like many have said already, it was intended to do one thing but what we got was far from ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I was being a bit sarcastic. I know there was more to it, but like many have said already, it was intended to do one thing but what we got was far from ideal
    I'm not sure what ideal would really be though.

To me he was always powerful enough as is. He's got the resources of the most advanced nation on the planet, so he can potentially upgrade himself in almost any way he wants. There's not a whole lot he could do with kotd powers that he couldn't do with his own tech anyways, so really he was fine simply returning to his regular status quo. Which for the most part KotD did.

Personally, I'm not going to take what Hickman says in his current stories and believe that it will automatically override years of canon of Storm identifying as black and African. Especially since in her very first appearance in 1975, she was in Africa being who she is and identifying with being who she is: black and African.

And for me, Storm's character would have her embracing ALL of who she is, just like she did in that "Worlds Apart" story in 2009 where she said "I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a queen. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits." With a quote like that, there's no way Storm would not still identify herself as being black and African, despite how Hickman decides to write her in current stories coming out of the X-Office (versus stories coming out of other offices at Marvel that she appears in).
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-01-2020 at 07:03 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. Does panther have "necromancy" power? Can he animate the physical dead? Can he command non-hostile ghosts? That would be a true upgrade.

the egyptian god Seker has some powers that could be cool if there was an Earth disciple of him:
    https://ancientegyptonline.co.uk/sokar/
    https://www.gods-and-goddesses.com/egyptian/seker/
    Only thing the KOTD powers have be shown to do, on panel is:

- return him to comic book peak human after he lost the BP title. (not needed anymore, as he is Black Panther/King again)

- Allowed him to command the zombies in Secret Wars

- Allowed him to talk to his dead ancestors.

- Maybe allowed him to summon that blue spear thing. This is unclear but considering it is the same color as the dead BP's, it is likely.

- Combined with Eden's powers, he was able to raise a force ghost army ala LotR to defend Wakanda against The People.

Nothing more, nothing less. Unless someone wants to post on panel proof of something I forgot.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html