Page 35 of 252 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 3776
  1. #511
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is the unfortunate truth I think some may not be prepared to accept. many people blame the poor sales numbers on coates but the reality is a lot of the books that were not tied to coates, including agents of wakanda, have done poorly. I want this to change but the market hasnt been kind to books that are focused on black characters.
    Black Panther is the only black character ,besides Spawn, to have sold as many single comics as he has since his creation. The current sales for Coates run is the lowest it has been for the main Black Panther series since the characters creation.

  2. #512
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Black Panther is the only black character ,besides Spawn, to have sold as many single comics as he has since his creation. The current sales for Coates run is the lowest it has been for the main Black Panther series since the characters creation.
    but the numbers coates is seeing can be seen across the comicbook medium. low sales are not just specific to coates black panther.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #513
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but the numbers coates is seeing can be seen across the comicbook medium. low sales are not just specific to coates black panther.
    I thought your argument was black characters don't sell? Now it's numbers across the medium?

  4. #514
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Disney/Marvel should just take the initiative and branch the character into other entertainment platforms rather than focusing on comics and movies. And also get a new creative team behind the solo book.

    Looking at these sales figures makes me a sad panther.

  5. #515
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but the numbers coates is seeing can be seen across the comicbook medium. low sales are not just specific to coates black panther.
    Hudlin & Priest were not writing Black Panther at a time when the character was in 4 movies that grossed over a billion dollars each. The average person on the street now knows about Wakanda. Hudlin & Priest didn't have that, but they managed to sell comics.

    Coates had a brand name and plus Captain America Civil War was coming out around the same time.

  6. #516
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thought your argument was black characters don't sell? Now it's numbers across the medium?
    yes they dont sell but low sale numbers is just a nature of the beast this day and age. these are mutually exclusive conditions as they both exist in the case of black panther as evidence by aow.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #517
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hudlin & Priest were not writing Black Panther at a time when the character was in 4 movies that grossed over a billion dollars each. The average person on the street now knows about Wakanda. Hudlin & Priest didn't have that, but they managed to sell comics.

    Coates had a brand name and plus Captain America Civil War was coming out around the same time.
    pirating and the overall comicbook market was different when both these writers were on BP book. the argument has always been coates is the reason for low sales but then why is aow doing so poorly?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #518
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    pirating and the overall comicbook market was different when both these writers were on BP book. the argument has always been coates is the reason for low sales but then why is aow doing so poorly?
    To be fair to AOW The Invaders didnt sell well and that book had established popular Characters...
    Last edited by Dariel81; 01-22-2020 at 11:32 AM.

  9. #519
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    pirating and the overall comicbook market was different when both these writers were on BP book. the argument has always been coates is the reason for low sales but then why is aow doing so poorly?
    The Only Black character that consistently sales is Miles and thats because of the Spider-Man brand

  10. #520
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Hopefully they do a Captain Marvel type rebrand..

  11. #521
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    To be fair to AOW The Invaders didnt sell well and that book had established popular Characters...
    that's is fair. it goes to the point about black characters and the market making it hard for BP to excel. hopefully that can change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    The Only Black character that consistently sales is Miles and thats because of the Spider-Man brand
    yup exactly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #522
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Hopefully they do a Captain Marvel type rebrand..
    This is my hope too. Captain Marvel had a lot of restarts to get her where she is today. Hopefully Marvel decides to put the same investment into T'Challa as well.

  13. #523
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    The Only Black character that consistently sales is Miles and thats because of the Spider-Man brand
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's is fair. it goes to the point about black characters and the market making it hard for BP to excel. hopefully that can change.



    yup exactly.
    Ghost Spider is at 21,000 at #5, Miles is at 29,900 on #13. Cant be just the Spiderbrand. Some of it has to be the writing.

  14. #524
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Ezyo also address what going on with AoW in the quote below:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly itd the same as BP and the Crew, and Ultimates. T'Challa gets put into team's with c list heroes and is expected to keep the sales up. Fans will claim they wish Marvel would give their c list heroes nore attention, but when they do this happens. Honestly he should be doing bigger thing's on Avengers, AoW should of utilized some bigger heroes as thst will raise his profile, leading A listers, not carrying c list
    It did also happen to the Ultimates and Carol was apart of that team too.

    Also how is Strikeforce doing?
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-22-2020 at 11:50 AM.

  15. #525
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Time for some fresh blood on the title.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •