Page 374 of 750 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Can you imagine Ken Lashley's art wasted on Coates' BP? A good action artist with no action to illustrate.
    Right?? There were quite a few artists wasted o. Coates book. There were a couple who's art for his theme perfectly. Sprouse and the guy on the first couple issues of S2. That art was not good and it fit with the writing of I'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Um....???? Maybe you should show this cover to Marvel so they know there's a much better look for their theme, lol! I wonder if he's going to be the one to keep the Phoenix powers.
    This is was on Coates book when Marvel renumbered to save Coates, they know it's out there.. I doubt T'Challa is going to keep it. And even of he did, I doubt Marvel would do anything of worth with the power boost. It would be a publicity stunt only

I like the background with the panthers inthe flame but that head and hands are all weird lol

That is always a pet peeve of mine in the comics... t'challa claws are part of his suit. He isn't sabertooth for bast sake
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

IMG_20200815_083620537~2.jpg

I hope this worked. Been meaning to post this for many years. It's from What the? #7 , 1990. I was 19 years old when I read this. They called him The Black n' Blue Panther and riffed off of McGregor's long narratives and T'Challa going through a gauntlet just getting smacked around. It's funny and sad; tragic? They still, imo, willfully do not market or push him as a character. The last panel says it all. Do the right thing my ass.
    But, on a brighter note, decades later there is all sorts of merchandise and a generation growing up right now that may want to give him justice.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like the background with the panthers inthe flame but that head and hands are all weird lol

That is always a pet peeve of mine in the comics... t'challa claws are part of his suit. He isn't sabertooth for bast sake
    I prefer the hands that look like claws similar to Venom. When artist draw the claws, unless it's a close up, they look terrible. Making the fingertips the shape of claws works better optically.

BANNED

in 2011- 2012 i started drafting various designs for what would later become the WWO fan comic. Check -out the Old Wakandan Flag in BP's Helmet!

BP & Stormungus

Ken Lashley is pure A-1 dope. He’s worked with Hudlin (on BP) so, there’s that. I still wanna see a Humberto Ramos Wakanda. Acuna still holds the title. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Gessela vision of Wakanda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah fam your too REAL, where's the rape camps? The sulking? Where's the most advanced nation o. Earth but can't afford to provide everyone on panel with a weapon (utilize the buddy system! On me guy stabs the enemy and your buddy pulls it out and stabs another rinse and repeat)

See you show Wakanda with afrofuturistic tech and attire and we can't have that, that's too Black... We gotta have western designs or ancient African wear... Come back when. Your chanting no one man please..
    Eyzo 1000… man, I ‘am unapologetically black & i LOVE promoting cultural pride. It’s fun. That should be a prerequisite for writing a BP series. I qualify. That’s all that matters. My work is on the same level as one of the most successful black films… blah- blah- bla-! It’s a cheap excuse. Too black? Too strong? That’s what marvel editors are for.

They can’t look the other way in the HR department when the creative dept. has built theirs careers off of the WWO blue-print. WWO redefined BP forever. they took my concepts- period! They can’t look the other way when I continue to reign. I could take my campaign on tour—Facebook, twitter, insta, etc.

Again, I pray for any new BP creator. Why? The campaign continues

Reward, Respect & recognition. they are gonna have to give me my props.

"I hate a rhyme-bitters rhyme..." --NAS
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 08-15-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    IMG_20200815_083620537~2.jpg

I hope this worked. Been meaning to post this for many years. It's from What the? #7 , 1990. I was 19 years old when I read this. They called him The Black n' Blue Panther and riffed off of McGregor's long narratives and T'Challa going through a gauntlet just getting smacked around. It's funny and sad; tragic? They still, imo, willfully do not market or push him as a character. The last panel says it all. Do the right thing my ass.
    But, on a brighter note, decades later there is all sorts of merchandise and a generation growing up right now that may want to give him justice.
    !!! who wrote that story? who drew it? lol.. sigh... for decades Panther and other black heroes had no merchandise at all. none. just didn't exist if you didn't make it yourself. from T-shirts to whatever else. That's why I can't really get mad at "bootleg" level stuff because marvel licensing has historically never thought enough about the black characters to push them more on different products.

Mighty Member

Ha! I just looked at it and it was Don McGregor himself who wrote it. Mike Harris penciled. Funny stuff, What The? Marvel parodies of itself and DC. All these years I never once thought to look who wrote that. The the whole thing is very making fun of himself and somewhat lomg winded style.

How many panel can I show for examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Eyzo 1000… man, I ‘am unapologetically black & i LOVE promoting cultural pride. It’s fun. That should be a prerequisite for writing a BP series. I qualify. That’s all that matters. My work is on the same level as one of the most successful black films… blah- blah- bla-! It’s a cheap excuse. Too black? Too strong? That’s what marvel editors are for.

They can’t look the other way in the HR department when the creative dept. has built theirs careers off of the WWO blue-print. WWO redefined BP forever. they took my concepts- period! They can’t look the other way when I continue to reign. I could take my campaign on tour—Facebook, twitter, insta, etc.

Again, I pray for any new BP creator. Why? The campaign continues

Reward, Respect & recognition. they are gonna have to give me my props.

"I hate a rhyme-bitters rhyme..." --NAS
    I'm all for cultural pride too, and I thoroughly enjoy the art work you put out, I have said it before, if you were able to write or draw BP, we would see the most advanced tech ever seen in BP history, and it would be exactly what us fans have been waiting for. No more simple spears, or force fields as the extent of Wakandan technology.

At this point we need another Hudlin level solo, completely unapologetically Black, take no isht from anyone black panther solo and I know a few writer's who could do it and I believe you could do it as well. Just looking at your art as well it would be some crazy tech feats that would make even the biggest sci fi nerds blush

Ha! I just looked at it and it was Don McGregor himself who wrote it. Mike Harris penciled. Funny stuff, What The? Marvel parodies of itself and DC. All these years I never once thought to look who wrote that. The the whole thing is very making fun of himself and somewhat lomg winded style.

Tou can have 3 images per post

Mighty Member

So I posted to many on that first one?

So I posted to many on that first one?
    It should allow you to post 3 images, if you post more I don't think it will actually post it but give an error

I dont 100% like Don's writing or stories but the dude seems like an all around cool guy and he was a Panther fan through and through.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Did it generate any more heat than Sam's Cap book? I think that was trying to push a few buttons too, especially in contrast to the HydraCap stuff.
    It was actually it was ignored by the normal set of trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post

in 2011- 2012 i started drafting various designs for what would later become the WWO fan comic. Check -out the Old Wakandan Flag in BP's Helmet!

BP & Stormungus

Ken Lashley is pure A-1 dope. He’s worked with Hudlin (on BP) so, there’s that. I still wanna see a Humberto Ramos Wakanda. Acuna still holds the title. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Gessela vision of Wakanda.
    Man! What is Lashley working on now i wonder? Call me crazy but I worry more about the writer than artist for the next BP book.