Page 381 of 750 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Sins of the King sees T'Challa's rule threatened by his father's unintended resurrection. The story, described as an adventure thriller, follows Black Panther as he faces the mistakes of the past, as well as dark forces seeking revenge on Wakanda. Characters who appear in the miniseries include favorites from the 2018 Black Panther film such as Okoye and Shuri, as well as Marvel mainstays Misty Knight and War Machine. There are also new characters, including a villain who can resurrect the dead.

A collab BP project featuring: ApexAbyss & Ture ( Tchallah & Tchaka team-up! Hmmm, posted on Aug 18th 2018) father & son! New characters? BTW Ture, S.I., Gessela & several other BP voices have stories that need to be given some light...

this BP story sounds similar to BP710:THE PROTOCOLS - Rise or Die! 2018 if i were to fight this. it would be a good fight. Rap battle-style! your story against ours... everything they are doing has already been done by.... you know who.

there is a campaign going on RJ. a campaign you could help support. congratulations. make us proud & if you can... put in a good word.... and remember...

Undisputed
    i don't know what the campaign is.

if you mean at Marvel comics, i'm pretty sure they're still not taking my calls.

It's more than likely this project will be my swan song on the Black Panther.

that said, it's fire and everybody should listen to it or read it or both.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What if he just turned around and took over the mummies

mummies are dead right?

"thanks for the army khonshu"
    Yeah that probably should have been his first move. Just tell the mummies to lead him to Khonshu.

Avoids a lot of unnecessary fighting, bloodied noses and torn habits.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Rumor has it the end will be in 2021.
    Saw that Bleeding Cool article too. Damn we really have to wait until 2021?
    Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther comic book series with Daniel Acuna and Brian Stelfreeze was one of the Marvel Comics titles that was held up by the local shutdown but has not yet been rescheduled. Black Panther #22 was published at the end of March but that was it. Expected to conclude with issue #25, it has been unclear if the comic series would be cancelled without its conclusion, and there is no sign of Black Panther in upcoming solicitations from Marvel for November.

Bleeding Cool understands that the series will return but, like Runaways, Marvel will be waiting until 2021. Here are the solicitations for the final three issues, and I am led to understand that the series will be ending in a big way. Ta-Nehisi Coates remains the lead writer for the Captain America comic book, however, and I understand he has quite a long run planned and a similarly long commitment from Marvel Comics for the book. Rumours that Tom King may be tapped to write Cap fall well short of reality.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ta-n...clude-in-2021/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Has there been any word on who’s replacing Coates yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Has there been any word on who’s replacing Coates yet?
    Probably won't announce it until Coates run has concluded

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Marvel can say whatever they want...l cancelled that book after the first season. (Cancel culture can be judiciously applied)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i don't know what the campaign is.

if you mean at Marvel comics, i'm pretty sure they're still not taking my calls.

It's more than likely this project will be my swan song on the Black Panther.

that said, it's fire and everybody should listen to it or read it or both.
    You know I give NO F***s!

The campaign? WWO is the top BP comic & deserves to be given an official series/ run.

WHERE DOES VIBRANIUM COME FROM? WWO title

I trust BP to your pen. BUT…. You know you done f***ed-up, right?

Sins of the King's writing team is led by Ira Madison III

and also includes Tananarive Due,

Steven Barnes,

Geoffrey Thorne

and Mohale Mashigo.

Geez-Us! Time to “ROAST” these blank ah-de-blanks.

Sins of the King's? Hmmmm? The definition of sin : transgression of the law of God

“SIN” is a Christian/Jewish / Muslim (the religions of Abraham) belief system & would not be something a souvenir (non-Christian) African nation would support. All those literary achievements amongst the BP writing team & not one of you scholars could deviate from your western religious indoctrination.

Maybe it’s just a bad title in namesake. Do you really believe Wakandans consider themselves sinners? That’s some foreign belief to a people that have Nile Valley ties to ancient Egypt. Egyptians referred to one another as “Sins” : meaning male relative or Sina… female. The title could be “Sins of the Sin”? it's about an African culture...

This group writing for BP Needs Muad’Dib. The Character BP needs the WWO touch. You guys should be smarter than that. Only the True King can remain two-steps ahead of any BP Writing team. Remember, I basically wrote the BP Billion dolla Movie. Fact$!

Again RJ Congrates! You the man. we will check-it-out! Tell your homies i said to kick-rocks! they obviously westernized the BP story just with a G.D. title. what else did they get wrong?

the campaign continues.... Undisputed

You know I give NO F***s!

The campaign? WWO is the top BP comic & deserves to be given an official series/ run.

WHERE DOES VIBRANIUM COME FROM? WWO title

I trust BP to your pen. BUT…. You know you done f***ed-up, right?

Sins of the King's writing team is led by Ira Madison III

and also includes Tananarive Due,

Steven Barnes,

Geoffrey Thorne

and Mohale Mashigo.

Geez-Us! Time to “ROAST” these blank ah-de-blanks.

Sins of the King's? Hmmmm? The definition of sin : transgression of the law of God

“SIN” is a Christian/Jewish / Muslim (the religions of Abraham) belief system & would not be something a souvenir (non-Christian) African nation would support. All those literary achievements amongst the BP writing team & not one of you scholars could deviate from your western religious indoctrination.

Maybe it’s just a bad title in namesake. Do you really believe Wakandans consider themselves sinners? That’s some foreign belief to a people that have Nile Valley ties to ancient Egypt. Egyptians referred to one another as “Sins” : meaning male relative or Sina… female. The title could be “Sins of the Sin”? it's about an African culture...

This group writing for BP Needs Muad’Dib. The Character BP needs the WWO touch. You guys should be smarter than that. Only the True King can remain two-steps ahead of any BP Writing team. Remember, I basically wrote the BP Billion dolla Movie. Fact$!

Again RJ Congrates! You the man. we will check-it-out! Tell your homies i said to kick-rocks! they obviously westernized the BP story just with a G.D. title. what else did they get wrong?

i don't know how to respond to this.

The Black Panther was invented by Jack Kirby and Stan lee, two jewish American ww2 veterans.

He was "westernized" from Day One. the vast majority of people who have written his adventures have been western with only two (i think) actual Africans in the mix in his entire history. he was designed to appeal to a western audience, including us (black people) but, by no means focusing on us as the core reader.

some of the most significant BP adventures were written by white people. Indeed my FAVORITE black panther story (after the initial PREIST run) is and will likely remain, SEE WAKANDA AND DIE.

I do love the character and felt honored to have run and written the BP's Quest season of Avengers s well as having a ball writing with the others, SINS OF THE KING.

But

MARVEL owns this guy, not us. The Panther stories I wanted to tell will only get told as indie comics with new characters that are not the Panther. if they ever get told at all.

I think your art is excellent but I say to you what i say to ALL creatives who get laser-focused on working for one of the Big 2 on particular characters they own.

MAKE YOUR OWN STUFF

Your ideas are excellent, They are so different from what Marvel will ever do with this character they might as well be an ORIGNAL character. Make these stories YOURs. don't just GIVE them to Marvel (or anybody.)

Invincible is the best Superboy/Superman story ever made and DC doesn't own even a tiny slice of it. They will never own a piece. That could be you.

I have 50k comic books (okay, about 30K now. i've been divesting). I love them deeply. They've informed a good deal of my creative life. But, if it came down to making my own stuff for less money or working at Marvel on anything for lots more cash, I would choose my own stories and my own characters every time.

You own your creativity. Don't give it away.
    Last edited by Redjack; 08-21-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Ultimate Member

If you didn't get what Redjack is saying-

To quote Marbury who told off Lebron years ago.

"I rather OWN than be OWNED."

Joseph Illidge said the same thing while editing Batman.

It's the reason a lot of guys like Hickman and Remmer left Marvel (not because they didn't want to work on POC as a CERTAIN group will claim).

Folks want to OWN their own crap.

Mcfarlane, Erik Larson, Jeremy Whitley and Fred Perry OWN their own stuff.

Look at all that Coates has done. Too bad it's not for creations that he OWNS.

BANNED

Poor young-men. Wrestling is fake

Disclaimer: focus on the information & not the individual.

James Naismith (in 1891) invented the great sport of basketball! He did not create the “Alley-Oop”- “Cross-Over” or the “Slam-Dunk”!!!

I would not foul my own team-mates (Are We On The Same Team? Team BP? I am!). But I will call a foul & show the re-play (time-line) footage!

Lee & Kirby created BP but WWO created the NEW ERA BP! Fan-made for the fans. And 1!

WHERE DOES VIBRANIUM COME FROM? It’s a simple-enough query 50 plus years in the making. Nothing against you. Nothing against them. Marvel editors should be at ease with a story like that.

Laser-focused or just put in the work others benefit from. Put the vote out! WWO was/is a simple passion project. How did it become the BP Blue-Print? Globally, BP has grossed $1.29 billion to date and currently ranks as the #10 top-grossing title of all time. WHUUUUUT? I still roast’em! It’s not about the $! There is justice involved. Undisputed justice! It is what it is.

That’s cool. A team of professional writers over-looked or ignored religious cultural differences. I’m pretty sure Wakandans would not have a ‘SIN’-mentality. The writers do. It does happen in writing.

This is diplomacy. BP obviously needs a referee. Just a little African history goes a long way. Again, refereeing. It’s used in pro sports.

As long as free expression exists… fill in the blank

i would be going harder but it's the respect. Tell your team I said to kick-rocks! The whole squad! Still glad to know you are in the mix. G-check your players & call an audible.

it's undisputed for a reason
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 08-21-2020 at 05:24 PM.

there is a tendency in modern fans to confuse love with ownership and fanfic with profic.

I want talented creatives, especially black ones, to use their talents in ways that will enrich them, both their skills and their bank accounts.

If this was the old days we could get into some weird tit-for-tat argument about this but I'm not interested in that.

the people who invented and own the Black Panther can't "steal" him or get him "wrong" unless getting him wrong means a sales drop. A lot of folks here don't like Coates's take on the character for instance. personally, I don't either, for a host of reasons that have nothing to do with whether or not his version is "good," "bad" or "authentic." it's not how I would run the Panther. That's it. It's too far away from what I would want to do. Doesn't mean it's "bad." It's just not for me.

Wakanda is not a real place. It is a fictional place created by white people as are all of its people, its mythology and its history. Lots of black hands and minds have enriched that tapestry but it is not owned by any of us and, at any point, Marvel could decide to make him an idiot pro wrestler with no history at all or a white guy rolling through Africa like the Phantom.

And while that would be offensive to most of us, it wouldn't be out of bounds for a property they both created and own. We don't own any of it. THEY own it. If you want control of the story TELL YOUR STORY. I can't say it clearer than that.

In terms of who "the best" creative mind to drive the Panther is, currently, yeah, I'm putting myself at the top of the list. If Evan Narcisse isn't his own first choice to drive the Black Panther, he's not the writer I think he is. We all think we know best. But he doesn't own it any more than i do or you do. He gets as much control as Marvel gives him. Same with me. That's what ownership means.

I love the discussion I love the takedowns. I stay out of a LOT of it because of my pro status. Doesn't mean i'm not the same fan i was and will be forever.

You don't want to be coming for me, in a personal way. That will end in tears and they won't be mine.

I'm still Redjack.

There's a reason i didn't change my name.
    Last edited by Redjack; 08-21-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Burbank.

The office of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

Right click left click... Mickey surveyed the Black Panther thread on CBR thoroughly looking for insight into what the fans wanted especially after this virus eventually passed returning things back to the default norm.

Noticing a subtle yet obvious brouhaha erupting he pauses and ponders... Hmmm.

YEP, N!&&@$ is crazy with a capital CRAY CRAY and he loved every minute of it!

Scrolling through his contacts alphabetically he arrives at the R section... Redjack.

Should he make that call or not?

Stay tuned...
    Get Hectic!

I just want my favorite super hero to be shown the respect he deserves, and to be out in a light that inspires the next generation of little black boys and girls to do what Coogler did in the MCU, to do what Priest did to reinvent T'Challa back to his OG form, what Hudlin did to make marvel and fans take T'Challa and Wakanda seriously, and what Redjack did for T'Challa on the animation side, showing a regal badass, reinvigorated his rogues and gave a cool angle to hunter.

That is what I care about. Paul muad should be given an opportunity to tell his story just like RJ because I believe that, like RJ, we will see a version of BP that hasn't been seen in years or better yet, a better angle of that version. Every writer brings something new and unique to their style and both should have the chance to make their mark

when will the next writer/artist be announced? Just wondering. Is there an open pitch process? Who is the editor to contact?

Lol, they made the cover for the issue with the mech into a varient of the main story. And charging $10 for it.

20200822_123752.jpg