Page 394 of 750 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Whether or not we as fans would've liked it is a separate discussion from what makes sense in the story. I agree it would've sucked to see T'Challa slaughter billions. But it was be entirely in character for him to do so based off prior portrayals. And considering how got disgraced by his father as he sniveled on the ground and looked like an an idiot when Namor did what he couldn't, I'd be 100% in support of him having that blood on his hands if that never happened.
    I've never seen anything in Tchalla's characterization that says he could be for the slaughter of billions of innocent lives. Even for Wakanda. Now Shuri....maybe

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hickman had the "aura" around T'challa nailed and 99% of the time nailed his general demeanor. He felt like a king, felt like a giant under Hickman.

But, Hickman utterly failed in all the fine details when it really matter. In the big moments that really really really mattered, T'challa fell extremely flat.
    I agree with this to some extent. Tchalla lacked personal victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I've never seen anything in Tchalla's characterization that says he could be for the slaughter of billions of innocent lives. Even for Wakanda. Now Shuri....maybe
    Yeah, I do think the Hickman and Coates Shuri might actually be more likely to be willing to slaugher billions of innocent people. We'll never know for sure until she's in a position like that... but she seems a bit less sympathetic than T"Challa at least at the time.

The movies have effected the Shuri character via synergy to the point where I'm not sure that's the case anymore. Depending on the writer, the current Shuri is a very different character than the pre-Secret Wars one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You’d really take T’Challa nuking a planet over the crime falling on Namor? Namor can do that because he’s a villain as often as he’s a hero. But once you’ve done something like that, I don’t know how you could go back to being on the Avengers and what not. Look at how much **** Scarlet Witch still gets for M-Day, T’Challa killing an Earth would be that x100. His nobility would be dust. T’Challa should’ve gotten more feats imo, but at the end we see him at his most triumphant he’s been. That Coates took Interstellar Wakanda and made it evil was his choice, not Hickman’s.
    As a former fan of Bishop pre (Hope baby murder) I whole heatedly agree. Its never a good look.

Paul Muad Dib (another character created by a white guy)

This is the last interaction you and i will ever have, so pay attention.

The writers on the project do not know you, have never heard of you and do not need or want your "ideas." They have been at this, some of them, longer than you've been able to read and write. They are entirely unaware of the entirety of you. As for me, you did come at me, personally, and you got a soft response. You got a supportive response. you got advice from someone who's been in the game a lot longer than you.

I truly hope you can understand the response one day. I truly hope you learn to focus more on improving your work than on being some sort of social media "leader."

But what you won't do is accuse me of theft or even of borrowing your ideas. Me, or any of the people I work with. I've forgotten better stories than you've learned how to tell yet. And all of them were mine.

I have told you what's what. I've told you the truth as I always do with anyone. If you are serious about a career as an artist or a writer, as a creator in general, I give you the same advice I did earlier.

MAKE YOUR OWN THINGS.
    OWN YOUR OWN THINGS.

You want to be in the game, get in the game. Until then nobody serious is paying attention.

You've officially wasted enough of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah there are things that Hickman fell Short on. I. Salty AF we didn't see the BD fight, the empty promise to kill Namor (though in my head Canon I like to think he purposefully directed god dooms blast into Namor) and I think it was a missed opportunity to not show Namor and T'Challa whooping their respective opponents asses (the justice league analogues) during maximus King speech instead of just BB. But at the very least his BP did isht on his own and wasn't a completely pathetic husk

Well to start the fight at first was supposed to be more abstract and 'god like' instead of a straight up fist fight so there's that.

I would of been satisfied if these happened:

1 Doom was more battered and bloodied after the fight.
    2 T'Challa was standing (in defiance, though it's clear he can't fight anymore) at the end of the fight
    3 Doom acknowledges T'Challas spirit and willpower despite the massive power difference.

It really left a bad taste in my mouth to see T'Challa beaten and broken at dooms feet... Again
    That fight senario would have been nice but at the end of the day Doom was still vastly more powerful with years of practice using his and on top of that hes an insufferable ******* who doesn't acknowledge anyone. Tchalla found the infinity gauntlet and used like like a boss just hours later. We all remember how well Captain America did using the gauntlet...So I personally won't be too upset about it since Tchalla knew going in that he was out matched
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-27-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes, Tony and Cap died trying to kill each other.... they looked like complete idiots. That's ideally what you want to try an avoid. The heroes spent the last freaking 2 years fighting each other... I think we needed to see them actually act like freaking heroes in the end and thankfully that's what we got, because Namor and T'Challa were able to do what Tony and Steve could not.

Not shockinginly when heroes stopped fighting each other and instead decided to work together they actually started making some progress. That wasn't a coincidence.

If T'Challa wants to kill Namor after Secret Wars MAYBE that would be okay. Not that I necessarily wanted to see it, but it at least would show T'Challa and Namor have enough sense to put the greater good above their vendetta. But continuing to try and kill each other while the multiverse still needed saving was frankly just self centered and foolish. And they were better than that.
    Except Hickman couldn't even bother to show them squash the beef it was done in an off panel time skip.. And we will have to agree to disagree because frankly it was a punk move from Hickman to not let T'Challa have that vengeance. Remember Namor started it when he flooded Wakanda so the end tally is Namor 2 T'Challa 1.. and I'm not on that bullisht

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Black Panther is a superhero published by Marvel Comics.
    He's also an inspiration to kids and adults around the globe.

I would Take it a step further and say I don't even doubt his father and ancestors WOULD shame him for it. However, in character T'Challa would NOT break down on tear he would of been resolved in his decision and held firm to his belief nd stood up to his father and ancestors. Not cry like a child. THAT is the T'Challa we have seen again and again, he has never broken down and cried ever and that was a stupid addition
    Didn't Tchalla cry in front of his dead Dad in the movie?
    Why can we accept that and not this.
    Our Dad's have a certain power over us. Tchalla doesn't just cry in front of anyone. But his Dead father whom he admires greatly during the toughest decision of his life?
    I have no problem with it. It makes him human.

That said, he shouldn't cry for anyone or anything else.
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-27-2020 at 07:15 PM.

That fight senario would have been nice but at the end of the day Doom was still vastly more powerful with years of practice using his and on top of that hes an insufferable ******* who doesn't acknowledge anyone. Tchalla found the infinity gauntlet and used like like a boss just hours later. We all remember how well Captain America did using the gauntlet...So I personally won't be too upset about it since Tchalla knew going in that he was out matched
    Yes I know he is outmatched, it's simply showing T'Challas iron will and how he is a King who bows to no one, especially one who claims to be a god

Didn't Tchalla cry in front of his dead Dad in the movie?
    Why cant we accept that and not this.
    Our Dad's have a certain power over us. Tchalla doesn't just cry in front of anyone. But his Dead father whom he admires greatly during the toughest decision of his life?
    I have no problem with it. It makes him human.

That said, he shouldn't cry for anyone or anything else.
    There's a difference between crying I. Front of his dad he just saw die in front of him less then a week ago, and crying for being scolded by his father who's been dead for 20+ years

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And it was done for no reason.

There was no reason to have T'challa get all pissy because Namor did it.

None of the other illuminati could do it either. Maybe Strange considering he went full psycho but the others couldn't pull the trigger.

No one else broke down like a bumbling fool because Namor did it.

If they still wanted those two to fight, they could have just had Namor call him a bitch lol
    They all broke down. The group disbanded and everyone gave up and waited for themselves and their family to die. None of them except Namor continued the fight. Tchalla went after Namor likey because he just doesn't like the guy.

Except Hickman couldn't even bother to show them squash the beef it was done in an off panel time skip.. And we will have to agree to disagree because frankly it was a punk move from Hickman to not let T'Challa have that vengeance. Remember Namor started it when he flooded Wakanda so the end tally is Namor 2 T'Challa 1.. and I'm not on that bullisht
    I think the score stops mattering once both their kingdoms are destroyed. Score doesn't matter because they both lose at that point.

Yeaaah... Except Namor brought up the whole destruction of Wakanda in Aaron's avenger's so I say he should of killed him and been done with it. He literally provided nothing to the story except cracking jokes
    To be fair...they were good jokes

There's a difference between crying I. Front of his dad he just saw die in front of him less then a week ago, and crying for being scolded by his father who's been dead for 20+ years
    I think anyone would cry in T'Challas position. He's being scolded because he isn't willing to murder billions of innocent lives to save the lives of his people, family, and friends. If a person can't cry in that situation, then I don't know when it's allowed. In the movie his dad just died... but in Hickmans story everyone he knows and cares about is about to die and he's choosing to allow that to happen. That's worth crying over.