Page 4 of 750 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't think that's true right now, though. They've recently referenced that Wakanda is doing great. The problems of the first arc seem to be in the past.

The lack of attention to continuity bugs me. I wish they at least made a reference to T'Challa having been in space to set the Avengers stuff ahead of it. I know most people dislike this run, but Marvel's shared continuity is part of what makes it special and I wish some effort was made to reconcile it. Besides, I'm pretty sure Ewing referenced Coates run at one point so it's not easy to just pretend the whole thing is out of continuity.
    I actually appreciate the timeline of events. S1 wraps with T’Challa seeking Ororo out and she’s wearing her costume from IvX. She was leading the X-men at the time. That lets us know they rekindled things before she was betrayed by Emma and ultimately stepped down.

We know there’s definitely some time that passed between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2. Ororo goes from Mohawk to full head of hair. They were rebuilding their lives separately and as a couple. Their renewed relationship and the bulk of Coates’ run is documented by the uptick in Storm’s trajectory. He major titles she’s been part of have all referenced her connection to Wakanda in some way. X-men Red, HOX/POX, Marauders and now Hickman’s X-men all implicate narrative cohesion with Storm’s life alongside T’Challa in Wakanda. The timeline isn’t hard to extrapolate. I just don’t think his space adventure was meant to take up that much time. That certainly doesn’t denote other writers ignoring his run entirely. There’s actually ample proof to the contrary.

He was gone long enough for Wakanda to enter a new Golden Age, apparently.

I'm guessing that would take longer than a weekend.

BANNED

Happy New Year to all of my pre-Coates BP mythos appreciating family.

May 2020 be the year Coates yoke of low grade tedium is cast off from upon the neck of T'Challa's forward momentum.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

You might be interested in this video. Method Man discusses a Black Panther comic storyline he enjoyed when he was young.....

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's pretty common for members of a team book who have solo books though. A lot of stuff is going in in Captain America, Iron Man and Captain Marvel which aren't reflected in the Avengers team book too. Ideally you shouldn't need to know what's going on in the solo books in order to read Avengers. Thor is somewhat of a different matter since it's written by the same guy.
    Not any more. And it looks like Thor's off the team after the current arc.

About Agents of Wakanda, one of their members is Doctor Nemesis, who's also been used in X-Men recently (in Rosenberg's run). I didn't realise that he's actually not a Marvel creation, but originates from a golden age comic called Super-Mystery Comics and is now public domain. Look at the entry for Battle-Axis here, on a listing of everything Roy Thomas had a hand in creating:
    https://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2020/...racters_1.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    happy new year BP fans and bp!!!
    Happy New Years!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    My friend, I think this only further reinforces Coates’ current story. Wakanda was literally in shambles at the start of his run. Wakanda is now in an unprecedented era of splendor. Shuri’s solo goes on to show us that during the new age of prosperity for Wakanda one thing was missing... the king. He was lost in space on a fact finding mission. When they managed to find him after HE made contact, he came back with a galactic Wakandan empire on his heels. Wakanda has absolutely give much to stabilize their country and the world.
    Wakanda was in shambles at the start of Coates' run only. There was no sign of any of this in Ultimates, Avengers or AoW, none of the writers of these titles bothered to touch on this. Coates even ignores his own continuity. If Wakanda was in shambles and no longer a monarchy, when did the duly democratically elected Wakandan officials decide to bankroll all of these endeavors? There's no record of this in Coates' run. When did the no-name Wakandan President decide to go to the Wakandan congress and ask to allocate funds for Ultimates, Avengers or Agents of Wakanda. Why is it Agents of Wakanda instead of Agents of the Black Panther Clan since BP is no longer king?

The answer is it didn't happen because everyone is ignoring that T'Challa is not the king and ruler of Wakanda as Coates wanted to establish with his no one man drivel. Even he ignores that crap. Even Okoye askes why didn't he pull in other Wakandan resources in the AoW like the Doras instead of outsiders. This implies that he has control of these Wakandan assets and not having to go the invisible Wakandan gov't to gain access. And in your post, you say that Shuri solo shows that Wakanda was missing it's king, well didn't Wakanda decide it didn't want a king in Coates own run?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't think that's true right now, though. They've recently referenced that Wakanda is doing great. The problems of the first arc seem to be in the past.
    Only in Coates run are they now starting to say that Wakanda is doing great.

None of the writers in these other series ever mention any issues in Wakanda and go even further to have BP and Wakanda as the main benefactor of each group. Would a country in shambles with a newly elected democratic congress have time to sponsor three different super teams?

None of these writers ever mention it. They simply go to default mode: Black Panther is king of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Happy New Year to all of my pre-Coates BP mythos appreciating family.

May 2020 be the year Coates yoke of low grade tedium is cast off from upon the neck of T'Challa's forward momentum.
    Happy New Year BCB.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yes all while he was away which Given the Shuri book it was atleast a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    You might be interested in this video. Method Man discusses a Black Panther comic storyline he enjoyed when he was young.....

I'm more amused by him name-dropping "Five Deadly Venoms". I love all that old Shaw Brothers/Golden Harvest isht.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes all while he was away which Given the Shuri book it was atleast a couple weeks
    A new Golden Age... in a couple of weeks.

Okay….

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

A galactic empire and a golden age and no Black Panther in sight. The MAs get a whole new country.

Can't even keep the geezers from harassing him with his KotD powers.

Been a tough few years for the Man Who Would Not Be King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Happy New Year BCB.
    Happy New Year Brother Professional

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not any more. And it looks like Thor's off the team after the current arc.

About Agents of Wakanda, one of their members is Doctor Nemesis, who's also been used in X-Men recently (in Rosenberg's run). I didn't realise that he's actually not a Marvel creation, but originates from a golden age comic called Super-Mystery Comics and is now public domain. Look at the entry for Battle-Axis here, on a listing of everything Roy Thomas had a hand in creating:
    https://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2020/...racters_1.html
    That Roy Thomas Database is incredible and everyone should look into it. So much misinformation out there on the internet that it's good to know something like this exist setting the record straight. Everyone should pass it around so other comic fans can enjoy it.

https://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2020/...haracters.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post

Anybody else watch the Wu-Tang docudrama on Hulu?