Page 40 of 750 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I thought that meant making T'challa more relatable to kids, not to make him a man-child screw up like Peter Parker when Slott was writing him.
    Nothing in any of his arcs is child relatable. And he didnt give him any fun powers for kids to pretend they have. Didnt make him a street level hero who can also save the city and planet at times while teaching moral lessons. Nothing really left but Parker misery.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    So T'Challa can be taken out by electricity now? I'm pretty sure he tanked a lightning bolt and either in Ms Marvel or another comic vibranium was stated to be insulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Captain Marvel level photon burst that he charged with the two earlier shots.
    Alright, I guess spoilers have been released.

My issue with the book was the use of electricity to beat BP. His suit is insulated against electricity. That was established as far back as Hudlin run, due to his marriage to Storm. It had not to do with his suit absorbing abilities.

It's CM's book so she has to win, but Thompson should at least have done a little more research. It's a good Captain Marvel story, though.

Nothing in any of his arcs is child relatable. And he didnt give him any fun powers for kids to pretend they have. Didnt make him a street level hero who can also save the city and planet at times while teaching moral lessons. Nothing really left but Parker misery.
    Yup, you're spitting FACTS!

I was a HUGE Spiderman fan growing up and Peter Parker beat down on soooo many villains BY HIMSELF. Coates seemed to have missed that.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-23-2020 at 11:34 AM.

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

AVENGERS #33
    JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A)
    Cover by MATTEO SCALERA
    Spider-Woman Variant by Khoi Pham
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BENJAMIN
    MOON KNIGHT VS. THE AVENGERS
    Mummies are rising from their graves. Secret armies march by moonlight, from K’un-Lun to Wakanda to Greenwich Village. A dark god invades Asgard. And the Moon Knight has been unleashed as never before. So begins the Age of Khonshu. So fall the Avengers.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99
    If those are the Avengers that are shown on that cover? Dr. Stransge, Storm, She-Hulk, Black Knight, Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Thing and Nova???
    I'm down.

If, not? Then i'll Pass.....

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #8
    JIM ZUB (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    SECRETS OF THE SPACE DRAGONS!
    Fin Fang Foom is one of the mightiest creatures in the Marvel Universe and now he’s no longer alone! Can Broo and the other Agents of Wakanda unravel the mystery of this bizarre new “Legion of Foom” before their rampage destroys Avengers Mountain?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Agents made it to #8, so it should last to at least 12.

Black Panther is going to make a cameo in Conan and the Serpent Crown. Conan a goes to Wakanda.

BLACK PANTHER #23
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUÑA (A/C)
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA – “WAKANDA UNBOUND” part 5
    THE POWER OF THE NAMELESS!
    The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda turned their legendary king into a slave. Now the king is restored — and after years of effort, the gates of the Empire will swing wide open as the Black Panther makes one final attempt to free the ranks of the Nameless across the five galaxies.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #8
    JIM ZUB (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    SECRETS OF THE SPACE DRAGONS!
    Fin Fang Foom is one of the mightiest creatures in the Marvel Universe and now he’s no longer alone! Can Broo and the other Agents of Wakanda unravel the mystery of this bizarre new “Legion of Foom” before their rampage destroys Avengers Mountain?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    If this cover is indicative of what the story is, I'm in! Go T'Challa!

CONAN: BATTLE FOR THE SERPENT CROWN #3 (OF 5)
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    Variant Cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    VARIANT COVER BY IBAN COELLO
    CONAN IN WAKANDA!
    • CONAN’s quest for the SERPENT CROWN has transported him and co-adventurer NYLA SKIN to WAKANDA!
    • The technologically advanced nation will certainly take the Barbarian by surprise…but not nearly as much as the even more ancient discovery hidden there!
    • And if Conan thinks he’s going to steal from a country protected by the BLACK PANTHER…he’s got another thing coming!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #23
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUÑA (A/C)
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA – “WAKANDA UNBOUND” part 5
    THE POWER OF THE NAMELESS!
    The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda turned their legendary king into a slave. Now the king is restored — and after years of effort, the gates of the Empire will swing wide open as the Black Panther makes one final attempt to free the ranks of the Nameless across the five galaxies.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    This is a lie. Black Panther will mostly likely being do nothing but being talked down to.

VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Panther is still leading the Avengers right? Its funny that I see less of him splashed on the cover a slight bit more prominent than the other Avengers. Yes I get that this is a mini spinoff, but still wth.

CONAN: BATTLE FOR THE SERPENT CROWN #3 (OF 5)
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    Variant Cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    VARIANT COVER BY IBAN COELLO
    CONAN IN WAKANDA!
    • CONAN’s quest for the SERPENT CROWN has transported him and co-adventurer NYLA SKIN to WAKANDA!
    • The technologically advanced nation will certainly take the Barbarian by surprise…but not nearly as much as the even more ancient discovery hidden there!
    • And if Conan thinks he’s going to steal from a country protected by the BLACK PANTHER…he’s got another thing coming!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Saladin gets a crack at writing Tchalla. I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Panther is still leading the Avengers right? Its funny that I see less of him splashed on the cover a slight bit more prominent than the other Avengers.
    He's supposed to be leading the Avengers but not involved with the current storyline while the team is in space. I think Cal mentioned he was looking into what happened to Tony or something.