Page 405 of 750 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 11243

I'm irrationally angry "shuri as BP" caught so much steam already
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel is in a pretty difficult situation.

They can make Shuri BP, and it potentially will upset some people. They can recast T'Challa, and it potentially will upset some people. They can cancel the BP movie, and it potentially will upset some people. Because so many people are hurting, it's a very sensitive issue to move foreward in no matter what they do. It's probably difficult to even just talk about, let along act. It's hard all around to try and navitage what exactly is the most respectful course of action to the actor and character which will take into account the feelings of the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

They can make Shuri BP, and it potentially will upset some people. They can recast T'Challa, and it potentially will upset some people. They can cancel the BP movie, and it potentially will upset some people. Because so many people are hurting, it's a very sensitive issue to move foreward in no matter what they do. It's probably difficult to even just talk about, let along act. It's hard all around to try and navitage what exactly is the most respectful course of action to the actor and character which will take into account the feelings of the fan base.
    It is YEARS away, even if covid didn't fuck over movies.

There is plenty of time to worry about that.

dickheads on twitter are just opportunist.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They didn't even wait a day after he died to immediately start posting Shuri for BP.

Ultimate Member

They have months if not years to figure it out, all things considered

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    They didn't even wait a day after he died to immediately start posting Shuri for BP.
    "omg, what will I tell my little black boys that black panther is dead? He was the first and only black male superhero!"

*4 minutes later*

"SHURI FOR BP YALL!!!"

Yeah, people on twitter aren't very sensitive. The world seemed like a much nicer place prior to social media. It probably wasn't actually nicer... but it seemed that way.

Though we're getting a lot of very nice stuff about Boseman on social media too, so I guess it sort of balances out.

I have opinions, of course, but I will keep my own counsel, this once.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

We should let Marvel Studios and Ryan Coogler lead the discussion about this, when they are ready to talk about it. Now is the time to mourn and celebrate Chadwick Boseman's life and legacy.

Not irrational, IMO. You're a person, like myself, and thankfully like many other people on this planet, who actually saw Chadwick Boseman as a human being...vs the others, thankfully the minority, who only ever saw him as a THING to keep the place warm for a female protagonist, namely his sister. This has been brewing for a while, his passing simply placed an ugly spotlight on it.

A mod, thankfully, stepped in on the tribute thread and said cut that out. And someone STILL came along and did it afterwards. His post was removed but the point is when was the last time something like that happened? A mod having to come in on a tribute thread and remind people its, um, a tribute thread? This this is part of a much bigger problem. And maybe a discussion about it should be had...but too many people like myself, yourself, and others are still hurting and don't want to deal with that nonsense now. Maybe in a month, maybe two...just let us mourn in our own way for now.

Spectacular Member

They are not canceling BP 2 or any other plans for the BP franchise. it's just to important to Disney, because the huge money maker it is. It's zero chance that happens.

Yeah, there'll have to be discussions with the cast and crew about how to proceed. I know of a situation where this has happened before. A CBBC show called The Sarah Jane Adventures, a spin-off from Doctor Who that ran from 2007-2011. It's star, Elisabeth Sladen, had cancer, and just like Chadwick Boseman, it was only publicly revealed when her death was announced. Season 5 only got half it's episodes completed before she died. They had options. Having already reintroduced Jo Grant, who like Sarah Jane was a 1970s companion, in season 4, and with plans to have 1980s companion Ace guest star in season 6, there was a couple of possible new leads available. Instead, the cast and crew felt they couldn't continue without Sladen, so the show was cancelled. They aired the remaining episodes, leaving it open ended, aired a tribute programme, and only killed off Sarah Jane this year, in a webcast made in lockdown depicting eulogies at her funeral.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, there'll have to be discussions with the cast and crew about how to proceed. I know of a situation where this has happened before. A CBBC show called The Sarah Jane Adventures, a spin-off from Doctor Who that ran from 2007-2011. It's star, Elisabeth Sladen, had cancer, and just like Chadwick Boseman, it was only publicly revealed when her death was announced. Season 5 only got half it's episodes completed before she died. They had options. Having already reintroduced Jo Grant, who like Sarah Jane was a 1970s companion, in season 4, and with plans to have 1980s companion Ace guest star in season 6, there was a couple of possible new leads available. Instead, the cast and crew felt they couldn't continue without Sladen, so the show was cancelled. They aired the remaining episodes, leaving it open ended, aired a tribute programme, and only killed off Sarah Jane this year, in a webcast made in lockdown depicting eulogies at her funeral.
    I remember when this happened. Here's what I don't remember though:

Katy Manning has a twitter, and an instagram. Did people go to Katy Manning's twitter and instagram the day Sladen passed saying "Hope you're ready to take over for Sarah Jane"? Cause that's what they're doing to Letitia Wright currently in regards to Black Panther. Did that happen, just curious, since "this happened before" as you say.

Astonishing Member

The reality is that there's always been a soft agenda for Shuri to take the throne from T'Challa at the earliest possible opportunity. Whether it be through major publications like CBR or on social media, the push for T'Challa to give his mantle to his younger sister has been greater than the push for Rhodes to become Iron Man or Bucky to become Cap. It is what it is on that front and was to be expected in the wake of this tragedy.

But more importantly, as others have said make sure you're taking good care of yourself and getting checked if something don't feel right! Health is the most important thing we got in this life so cherish it for all it's worth. I've been lucky enough not to lose any family members to cancer but if there's anything I've learned from these last few days it's that we need to be up to date on our exams and check-ups.