Page 407 of 750 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Ryan Coogler pays tribute to Chadwick
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/c...mpression=true

Sounds like Ryan didn't know either.
    Wow that really puts it into perspective.. it makes me really question how to proceed going forward. T'Chadwick was seriously in the year 3016-20s while all of us were stuck in 2016-20. Even Coogler who was the closest, wasn't where T'Chadwick was at. He was truly a man ahead of the times and a person like that shows up only a few times a generation.. This makes it even more sad with hos passing

Bast damnit it, that one hurt to readman.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Beautiful article Thank you for sharing

Astonishing Member

Beautiful statement by Ryan Coogler. The was both heart-wrenching and heart-warming to read.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Mighty Member

My heart really goes out to Chadwicks family and friends. I had a brother die of cancer when I was four and watched my mother battle with it on and off for forty years. She finally found peace from the pain of it all this spring. It is so hard to watch a loved one suffer. It affects everything. Having to stand on the sidelines and watch takes its toll. And that Chadwick was able to keep it close with the spotlight on him and still share with the world his amazing talent and character just kills me. After so much time there were not many people in my or my mothers life that were not aware of her health issues. But she rarely let it dampen her spirit or willingness to help and comfort others. I should be a better person because of it but find myself wanting. Chadwick is another example to me of strength and drive that I can only try to emulate. And I truly hope that his family can rest a little and find some comfort from their own battle with cancer as it is hard to watch a good person dight that fight.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Haven't posted in BP's thread in a long while, not since the space empire stuff got started and I stepped away from the title.

But I had to come in and share in the pain of Chadwick's death and the joy of what he gave all of us, and the awe-inspiring nobility and power of learning he did so much while fighting a war no one even knew about.

I don't usually get upset at celebrity death. I don't know these people and while I might regret the loss of their talent, the loss of the individual usually doesn't hit me; they are, after all, strangers I only know from a screen where they pretend to be different people.

This is different. This...for me, this feels like when Chris Reeves died. We didn't just lose a skilled actor, but a great man. And those are so much more rare. When Reeves passed, I didn't lament the loss of an actor, but an activist who turned a horrific event into strength and inspiration for others. With Chadwick it feels much the same; the world hasn't just lost an actor, its lost a bright light who gave us all so much while keeping his own pain hidden, and we are all less than we were for his passing.

When Black Panther hit the theaters, my wife and I got a hotel room and built a whole weekend away from the kids around watching the movie. Marvel movies are a family tradition in the Ascended household, and we planned on taking our son the following week (our daughter was too young for theaters at the time), but opening weekend...we wanted that just for us, my wife and I. When we got to the theater, there were long lines waiting for each showing of BP and there were more African Americans there than I had ever seen at our local cinema. There was something in the air that you rarely experience, a kind of excited tension I can't really put into words. It was a moment in history, I think, and it seemed like everyone felt that. And I probably spent as much time watching the audience as I did watching the movie. I saw grown men crying, and old gray haired people smiling like kids at christmas, and children with their eyes so big they were glowing, all watching Chadwick and the rest of the cast. Black Panther was, and is, for everybody but gods, it was something truly special for black communities and I felt lucky to witness it.

That's how I'm going to remember Chadwick Boseman. I'm going to remember the look on the face of an old black man who maybe thought he'd never live to see the day a movie like BP happened, and the look on the face of a small boy around my son's age who will get to grow up in a world where superhero movie stars look like him. That night in the theater, I watched Chadwick Boseman bring hope and inspiration to everyone who saw him. Wakanda has become a catch phrase and an ideal in America, maybe the world, because of Chadwick and Ryan and all the other talented people who poured their souls into that movie. And I can think of damn few better legacies to leave behind.

Wakanda. Forever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Man, I just read Cooglers statements again.

Not only did we lose T'challa, but we lost a dude who seemed to be imperative for a lot of the nuances that made BP such a great movie.

And hell, responsible for Coogler signing up.

ugh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Awesome. I love that.

I love that collaboration of Black talent to bring about not just a superhero movie but some much bigger.

We lost someone that was both larger than life and so humbly down to earth. We need more like him.

Astonishing Member

I still can’t believe he died on Black Panther co-creator Jack Kirby’s 103rd birthday. What a coincidence.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-30-2020 at 03:20 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I still can’t believe he died on Black Panther co-creator Jack Kirby’s 103rd birthday. What a coincidence.
    Whoa, did not know that. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It was also Jackie Robinson day. It’s crazy how the world works sometimes.

Ultimate Member

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=....1558576537130

Not sure if the link will work...

Had to repost this cuz...amazing image. This right here...shows just how important Black images are for our next generation. We chose to overlook many things bc it’s music or entertainment on the tv screen. But just remember what impact artists & actors had on us growing up. It’s time to be held accountable for what our children understand & see. Who will have to be next before we teach our children “more”?

Check on your children. They need consoling too. #Wakanda4Ever
    #wakandaforever
    The pic is a little black boy doing Wakanda Forever.

He has Black Panther laying on the ground surrounded by Hulk, Iron Man, Thanos, Rocket Raccoon, War Machine, Ronin, Regular Hulk, Daredevil, Spidey and another Hulk.

This is something I did at midnight after learning he died.

http://fav.me/de45bdt

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, I just read Cooglers statements again.

Not only did we lose T'challa, but we lost a dude who seemed to be imperative for a lot of the nuances that made BP such a great movie.

And hell, responsible for Coogler signing up.

ugh
    For sure, based on what Coogler wrote, seems like T'Chadwick was just as much a director as he was. Going to auditions for the supporting cast? Dude was making sure the best people for the roles were hand picked. Here we all thought it was just a lightning in the bottle situation where in actually it was T'Chadwick pulling some Priest level grand master chess player plans upon plans moves. Its like I said, T'Chadwick was in 3016-3020 while all of us were stuck in 2016-2020, with Coogler being probably around 2060-2080..

Reading all that, I truly doubt the sequel will be able to resonate the same way or measure up to the first now with Chad gone. Dude seriously was light years ahead and we all are lesser for not being able to see what else he and Coogler would of whipped up together

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    For sure, based on what Coogler wrote, seems like T'Chadwick was just as much a director as he was. Going to auditions for the supporting cast? Dude was making sure the best people for the roles were hand picked. Here we all thought it was just a lightning in the bottle situation where in actually it was T'Chadwick pulling some Priest level grand master chess player plans upon plans moves. Its like I said, T'Chadwick was in 3016-3020 while all of us were stuck in 2016-2020, with Coogler being probably around 2060-2080..

Reading all that, I truly doubt the sequel will be able to resonate the same way or measure up to the first now with Chad gone. Dude seriously was light years ahead and we all are lesser for not being able to see what else he and Coogler would of whipped up together
    I wouldn't even try.

Just do the best that you can. That first movie already made its point. It ended all excuses about us having films like that and having merchandise that I don't have to hunt for or pay high prices online to get.