Page 420 of 750 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So someone catch me up on Swordsman (or is it fake Swordsman? man idk lol)

I mean... dude's name is Swordsman... so he's a sword pro right?

How impressed should I be by Empyre 6 lol?
    It's moderately impressive. Back in the day Swordsman has held his own against guys like Cap, Hawkeye, and Quicksilver. He even defeated T'CHalla once. I don't think anyone considers him a top tier fighter generally speaking, but he is considered the best swordsman in the world and T'Challa beat him at his own game. It's like beating Hawkeye in an archery shoot out... that gets him some bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I found more info looking up Mantis on wiki. Looks like she dated original Swordsman, he died, his corpse gets re-animated by a member of the alien species Coati (sp?), they then have a child together, the boy in the photos XJlock posted.

Very weird, "they're smoking something but its kinda good" stuff. I wonder if some of this is to settle dangling plot threads (the fate of Mantis's son, whatever happened to Fake Swordsman, etc).
    .... so is this a good feat or not lol?

defeating a dude named swordsman with a sword sounds good? lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I found more info looking up Mantis on wiki. Looks like she dated original Swordsman, he died, his corpse gets re-animated by a member of the alien species Coati (sp?), they then have a child together, the boy in the photos XJlock posted.

Very weird, "they're smoking something but its kinda good" stuff. I wonder if some of this is to settle dangling plot threads (the fate of Mantis's son, whatever happened to Fake Swordsman, etc).
    Did the need revolving? Have Gaurdian fans been asking about the? I think Ewing and Marvel were enamored by those two side events they did a couple years ago. They tried again and didnt work as well.

spoilers:
    I'm going to take it as a feat that he got the final blow of the event. Although the Thor and the scene with the kids might have been more dramatic.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Like with most things nowadays it depends on the MCU. The comics stopped being the driving force for these characters years ago. If T'Challa isn't recast and Shuri or M'Baku take the throne in the movies T'Challa very likely gets phased out at least for a few years to build up a catalog of stories for his replacement. So if anything Boseman's tragic passing could be the justification Marvel needed to deemphasize T'Challa in the comics.

But if there is a recast and the films become even more successful I could definitely see T'Challa getting a proportional push in the comics. But at that point you need to consider if the push will be good. After the success of the debut in 2016 and in the wake of his solo film, Marvel pushed out several Black Panther mini series, but with the exception of Rise of the Black Panther and Killmonger (I think) sales were insanely weak. The Crew, World of Wakanda, Shuri, those crossovers with the X-Men and Spider-Man didn't do particularly well.

Though some, like World of Wakanda, overperformed in trades and digital, at least initially. A lot of it has to do with the so-so quality of these books or the overly political content that made them dead on arrival (namely the Crew and World of Wakanda). But with the main BP scribe about to get off the book, I think there'll be a less controversial direction going forward.

Best case scenario, T'Challa is recast and Black Panther 2 does as good if not better than the first film financially. Meaning we continue to get stuff like T'Challa leading the Avengers and being central to events like Empyre (quality notwithstanding). Worst case is Shuri or Killmonger take the role, the film underperforms, and T'Challa goes the way of Ant-Man, relegated to minis and team books with little in the way of in-universe relevance.
    Honestly I'm doubtful that Shuri becoming BP would effect T'Challa in the comics at all.

Captain America is being replaced by Sam in the MCU... but does anyone actually think Steve is going anywhere in the comics. Thor likewise is being replaced by Jane and I'm pretty sure Iron Man and Black Widow are getting replacements as well. Practically all of the original MCU Avengers are being phased out, and in my mind at least there's very little chance the comics will go that route. If it does it will be temporary.

Movie synergy is a thing ... but there are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm going to take it as a feat that he got the final blow of the event. Although the Thor and the scene with the kids might have been more dramatic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    suit having healing properties is new.

and shadow combat being used 2x now means it is official!
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Dedicated to Baba Chadwick Aaron Boseman. one of many gone too soon. we miss him already. Cheers

Celebrate Me Home - Kenny Loggins

BANNED

We mourn your passing but we celebrate your life.

BP2
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 09-02-2020 at 03:13 PM.

spoilers:
    suit having healing properties is new.

and shadow combat being used 2x now means it is official!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm slightly disappointed that it wasn't some new fighting technique that involved moving fast or teleportation. If he had fought him using something like the "flying thunder god"(Naruto), I'd have freaked. Lol
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Lol sounds like something Sandor "the hound" Clagane would say.

BANNED

"Me and Baby Brother" - WAR

He will always Be the True King, A Legend, A Real life Hero & the Godfather of Soul. CAB R.I.P.

"come back baby brotha.... "

One Love

Like with most things nowadays it depends on the MCU. The comics stopped being the driving force for these characters years ago. If T'Challa isn't recast and Shuri or M'Baku take the throne in the movies T'Challa very likely gets phased out at least for a few years to build up a catalog of stories for his replacement. So if anything Boseman's tragic passing could be the justification Marvel needed to deemphasize T'Challa in the comics.

But if there is a recast and the films become even more successful I could definitely see T'Challa getting a proportional push in the comics. But at that point you need to consider if the push will be good. After the success of the debut in 2016 and in the wake of his solo film, Marvel pushed out several Black Panther mini series, but with the exception of Rise of the Black Panther and Killmonger (I think) sales were insanely weak. The Crew, World of Wakanda, Shuri, those crossovers with the X-Men and Spider-Man didn't do particularly well.

Though some, like World of Wakanda, overperformed in trades and digital, at least initially. A lot of it has to do with the so-so quality of these books or the overly political content that made them dead on arrival (namely the Crew and World of Wakanda). But with the main BP scribe about to get off the book, I think there'll be a less controversial direction going forward.

Best case scenario, T'Challa is recast and Black Panther 2 does as good if not better than the first film financially. Meaning we continue to get stuff like T'Challa leading the Avengers and being central to events like Empyre (quality notwithstanding). Worst case is Shuri or Killmonger take the role, the film underperforms, and T'Challa goes the way of Ant-Man, relegated to minis and team books with little in the way of in-universe relevance.
    Best case scenario is that they recast T'Challa and the film does decent numbers, but without Chadwick I very much doubt that the sequel will top the first (even with Chadwick that would be a very difficult task and not one I would expect to happen entirely) not impossible, but the replacement would have to bring their A++ game

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm doubtful that Shuri becoming BP would effect T'Challa in the comics at all.

Captain America is being replaced by Sam in the MCU... but does anyone actually think Steve is going anywhere in the comics. Thor likewise is being replaced by Jane and I'm pretty sure Iron Man and Black Widow are getting replacements as well. Practically all of the original MCU Avengers are being phased out, and in my mind at least there's very little chance the comics will go that route. If it does it will be temporary.

Movie synergy is a thing ... but there are limits.
    I agree, a change would be temporary. 2-3 years max, with T'Challa very likely still around, just not the official Black Panther. He'll never be completely displaced by Shuri and as far as animation, games, and stuff it'll still be mostly T'Challa. But I could definitely see Shuri getting a Black Panther solo for 20 or so issues introducing villains and storylines that can be used as inspiration for the movies.

I agree, a change would be temporary. 2-3 years max, with T'Challa very likely still around, just not the official Black Panther. He'll never be completely displaced by Shuri and as far as animation, games, and stuff it'll still be mostly T'Challa. But I could definitely see Shuri getting a Black Panther solo for 20 or so issues introducing villains and storylines that can be used as inspiration for the movies.
    T'CHalla was still Black Panther when Shuri was Black Panther. Maybe not "officially" as far as the Wakandan government was concerned ... but he went around in a cat suit starring in a book entitled Black Panther. And for a window of time we likewise had 2 Captain America's and 2 Thors (even though one referred to himself as Odinson instead of Thor for whatever stupid reason). Presently we have 2 Spider-Men. Point being I do think it's possible to push a legacy character without necessarily depushing the original. Or in the least not significantly depushing him. He MIGHT have to share a bit of spotlight... that's a possibility. Regardless of whether Shuri gets the big movies in the MCU or not, I'm sure T'Challa in the comics will be just fine.

Comics are a very different medium than almost everything else. For better or worse, very little changes. The exact same people running around yester will likely be the exact same people running around today and tommorow, relatively unchanged. It's not like other media where peope can grow old or retire or get killed off or simply walk off into the sunset. Comics in the long run get none of that. They're ageless, timeless, and for the most part stuck in their status quo. It's our blessing and our curse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    T'CHalla was still Black Panther when Shuri was Black Panther. Maybe not "officially" as far as the Wakandan government was concerned ... but he went around in a cat suit starring in a book entitled Black Panther. And for a window of time we likewise had 2 Captain America's and 2 Thors (even though one referred to himself as Odinson instead of Thor for whatever stupid reason). Presently we have 2 Spider-Men. Point being I do think it's possible to push a legacy character without necessarily depushing the original. Or in the least not significantly depushing him. He MIGHT have to share a bit of spotlight... that's a possibility. Regardless of whether Shuri gets the big movies in the MCU or not, I'm sure T'Challa in the comics will be just fine.

Comics are a very different medium than almost everything else. For better or worse, very little changes. The exact same people running around yester will likely be the exact same people running around today and tommorow, relatively unchanged. It's not like other media where peope can grow old or retire or get killed off or simply walk off into the sunset. Comics in the long run get none of that. They're ageless, timeless, and for the most part stuck in their status quo. It's our blessing and our curse.
    I could definitely buy that being the arrangement at least for a time if Shuri gets the nod in the MCU. Both are Black Panther, but one is official and the other is a more rogue operative. Maybe Shuri gets a solo in the duration while T'Challa takes up residence in the Avengers or some satellite team. At a certain point though, I hope that Marvel uses the goodwill she'd (hopefully) build up in that capacity to spin her off into her own moniker.

I've held for the longest that the best options for a secondary BP title are Shuri or something like Agents of Wakanda. And while theoretically they can both be Black Panther from now until forever (like Hawkeye), I'd like her to gain her own superhero name independent of T'Challa that can exist within the franchise. DC's done a great job over the years transitioning characters like Nightwing and Batgirl into their own properties and I think that Shuri has similar potential.

I'll give Coates credit for trying to give her a "thing" distinct from T'Challa but sorceress Shuri is too diametrically opposed from the MCU version to ever be the status quo. The best we can hope for if this does become Marvel's direction, is that they don't make Shuri a female clone of T'Challa and actually give her distinguishing rogues, relationships, functions to use later.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-02-2020 at 04:59 PM.