Page 444 of 750 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

You'll notice at no point does he even HINT at a sexual component. They are more like political hostages... highly trained killer hostages.

If anything, Priest's only error was making them too young (biologically, if not physically). If they'd been 25, I doubt anyone would have batted an eye.
    THIS!!!

If people wanna bring up something f'd up, it is the fact Wakanda needed to use woman/girls as basically political hostages to keep the tribes from fighting each other.

Instead it is, "derp derp tchalla surely woulda tapped that ass derp derp!"

****, tell THAT story. Tell us a political story of T'challa trying to stop the tribes from fighting another way. He clearly didn't like the tradition but goes with it because it is the lesser of two evils you could say.

But show us a political tribal wakanda story! something that shows nuance, tchallas thining, ancient wakanda traditions, other tribes, ect. If you need to "fix it" at least do it that way.

Not "derp derp rape"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hudlin retconned that. But you INSIST that there must be exceptions for some ungodly reasons. YOU assume they were still teenagers after "Who is the Black Panther", even though every single active-duty Dora we've seen has been an adult. So I ask again:

WHY don't you except the fact that the Dora haven't been teen-aged bodyguards since 2005?

Yes, I assume that Okoye and Nakia were teenagers because that's the age we were given and nothing up to this point states they weren't. Unless something states their ages as being older at a later point or something states that all Doras need to be adults, the ages we were given are still canon.

You say that every single active duty Dora we've seen is an adult... but again we don't know that because we don't know the ages of every Dora we've seen. They all certainly LOOK older than 16... but so did Nakia and Okoye. To assume they were all adults is an assumption... not that it's an unfair one, but that's all it is.

I've frankly heard the same arguement about Hudlin retconning the Doras being wives in training... except that aspect is still mentioned in other books later on. Something isn't necessarily retconned simply because it's not mentioned. It's retconned when it's retconned on panel flat out stating something which contradicts with previous canon.

For the record I wanted it to be retconned because I felt it was a stupid idea. Using teenage girls (or even adult women to be honest) as brides in training to maintail political stability makes T'Challa and the Wakandan government come off horribly. And that's true even if T'Challa doesn't lay a finger on them (something the book does make clear he doesn't). What the heck sort of government is that? How in modern times can that sort of practice possibly be used as acceptable or even logical? Romanda states if the Doras date, tribes potentiall go to war... how messed up is this place if there's even a grain of truth to this? That's why to ME at least, this was worse than the rape camps. That makes T'Challa and the whole Wakandan government look bad. T'Challa in this case is the one actually responsible for doing this, rather than random Wakandan crimimals kill off a page later who we will never see again. But that's just me.

Hudlin retconned that. But you INSIST that there must be exceptions for some ungodly reasons. YOU assume they were still teenagers after "Who is the Black Panther", even though every single active-duty Dora we've seen has been an adult. So I ask again:

WHY don't you except the fact that the Dora haven't been teen-aged bodyguards since 2005?
    Been on that tip for the last 6+ years. Same ol' same ol'.

As usual Coates cherry-picked things to make an issue out of - "reluctant king", "Doras", "Wakandan colonizers", "reason T'Challa joined the Avengers"' "Wakandan gods", etc., - and decided to fix them, things that had either never been an issue to begin with or resolved long ago.

Looking back, the whole Inter-galactic empire arc is a repeat of the No One Man arc except the roles are reversed where T'Challa takes the role of the Doras and the Wakandans are already colonizers in space. He's using the galactic empire arc to tey to justify his entire run and it's just weak.

The fact Coates never once addressed the political impact within the tribes in regards to ending the "dora compromise" just shows he really didn't give a **** about what the doras was.

He googled "doras" and saw "wives in training" and RAN with it.

He didn't give a hoot about fixing something. He wanted to tell a "Big evil black king man" story and used this as his opening. Even thoug the dora story and the monarch story really didn't meash at all
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The fact Coates never once addressed the political impact within the tribes in regards to ending the "dora compromise" just shows he really didn't give a **** about what the doras was.

He googled "doras" and saw "wives in training" and RAN with it.

He didn't give a hoot about fixing something. He wanted to tell a "Big evil black king man" story and used this as his opening. Even thoug the dora story and the monarch story really didn't meash at all
    That's sort of where the democracy comes in.

In can in THEORY replace things like wives in training and fighting tournaments in government. Which isn't to say it's necessarily guranteed to work better or worse... but it's at least a different option.

I like that Hudlin one because it had two parts

Really points to the fact it is a ceremonial thing.

(oh lookey there, the doras wearing the same thing they wore the "break up with T'challa" issue of Hickman. Where is the bikinis????? lol)

One thing I dislike about the wedding issue was the T'challa was wearing a ugly as normal suit. He should have been fleshed out in the dopest outift he coudl find. Or some ancient passed down from ancestors **** lol
    Yeah they out a isht Ron of effort into Storm's outfit (had a whole designer come in and draw her dress) while T'Challa? Same ole looking habit. They should of atleast threw some lion heads on it. Like they didn't even out in any effort

BANNED

I like that Hudlin one because it had two parts

Really points to the fact it is a ceremonial thing.

(oh lookey there, the doras wearing the same thing they wore the "break up with T'challa" issue of Hickman. Where is the bikinis????? lol)

One thing I dislike about the wedding issue was the T'challa was wearing a ugly as normal suit. He should have been fleshed out in the dopest outift he coudl find. Or some ancient passed down from ancestors **** lol
    Lol yeah, dude rocked up in the exact same suit he wears to beat up and kill evil doers to his wedding lol. Didn't even remove the mask until it was time to kiss the bride. Like bro, we know you got enemies for days but come on lol

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    An I the only one who finds the irony in mayberrys section of this? If T'Challa saved his life and was this big turning point for him, then why in the frak did he not only have him get his ass beat by Doom, but then have him thank him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying vibranium and getting a pyrrhic victory? I mean if a character meant that much to me, I would repay that by giving him the best showing I could and having him shown powerful, especially when it comes to a character like Doom if what he is saying about his father and such is true.. very odd he treated T'Challa so poorly of he loved him so much

Isnt he wearing the ceremonial vestments of his office. Wouldn't that be what he should be wearing, the same one he have to do the tribal challenges in?
    Last edited by Cville; 09-06-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    An I the only one who finds the irony in mayberrys section of this? If T'Challa saved his life and was this big turning point for him, then why in the frak did he not only have him get his ass beat by Doom, but then have him thank him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying vibranium and getting a pyrrhic victory? I mean if a character meant that much to me, I would repay that by giving him the best showing I could and having him shown powerful, especially when it comes to a character like Doom if what he is saying about his father and such is true.. very odd he treated T'Challa so poorly of he loved him so much
    Maeberry didn't actually have T'Challa get his ass beat by Doom. That was Hudlin.

YOu can however argue that Maeberry didn't do a good job showing how powerful T'Challa was. He did a lot of very nice world building... but there was no real pay off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Isnt he wearing the ceremonial vestments of his office. Wouldn't that be what he should be wearing, the same one he have to do the tribal challenges in?
    Sure it is and sure he should. But look at it man. That habit was made to strike fear in the hearts of the most hardened GSGs. And look at the occasion.. It's a wedding! The man should have bedazzled it a little lol. You know spin some "This is a wedding" shine to the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VantaBlack View Post
    Sure it is and sure he should. But look at it man. That habit was made to strike fear in the hearts of the most hardened GSGs. And look at the occasion.. It's a wedding! The man should have bedazzled it a little lol. You know spin some "This is a wedding" shine to the thing.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Cause in a little place we like to call reality, its referred to as being full of crap! Mayberry more than likely got the word from on high that Doom will suffer no "L's" from anyone, or anything coming out of Africa. If Mayberry loved the character then he should have fought with everything to give BP a proper victory over Doom.

I sure am tired of arguing with middle age white woman about why Shuri has no business taking over for Tchalla and letting Marvel kill their only black male lead character on facebook.

The fact that I even have to do it leads me to believe marvel will find a way to murder him and push out a generic black feel good movie.
    Fans of THE Black Panther need to make their voices heard and speak up for Tchalla against these ppl looking to capitalize on Boseman's death
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-06-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VantaBlack View Post
    At the very least they could of had him sporting Priest habit with all the gold shining

Or something like this similar to Hickman's

Ngl I was disappointed that T'Challa didn't look baller, it was his wedding for fraks sake and he should of been maskless