Page 457 of 750 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it should be his standard suit. I prefer something a bit more streamlined.

BUT if he ever wants to show suits he modified for a particular situation, I'm all for having something a bit more tactical than his standard look. It shows his ability to adapt and evole as needed.
    Makes sense to me.

I don't think it should be his standard suit. I prefer something a bit more streamlined.

BUT if he ever wants to show suits he modified for a particular situation, I'm all for having something a bit more tactical than his standard look. It shows his ability to adapt and evole as needed.
    We don't need to turn T'Challa into Iron Man. He doesn't need multiple suits to face different threats. As we've seen in the past, he just need to have standard offensive/defensive tech incorporated in the suit.

Too many times writers rely on BP's physical abilities and not showcase his genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We don't need to turn T'Challa into Iron Man. He doesn't need multiple suits to face different threats. As we've seen in the past, he just need to have standard offensive/defensive tech incorporated in the suit.

Too many times writers rely on BP's physical abilities and not showcase his genius.

He already has multiple suits though. The Priest made it a plot point that he didn't bother with armor, but post Priest writers sort of ignored that with the thrice blessed armor. We've since seen his Hulkbuster suit, and a space suit at the start of Empyre. I don't necessarily believe he needs to go the Iron Man route by having a different suit for every possible occasion... but I do think it's practical to few different suits on standby for certain ones. That's just common sense.

Plus... to be blunt if you can sell a few extra toys (ie Hulkbuster BP), it doesn't hurt anything.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-13-2020 at 06:58 AM.

He already has multiple suits though. The Priest made it a plot point that he didn't bother with armor, but Priest sort of ignored that with the thrice blessed armor. We've since seen his Hulkbuster suit, and a space suit at the start of Empyre. I don't necessarily believe he needs to go the Iron Man route by having a different suit for every possible occasion... but I do think it's practical to few different suits on standby for certain ones. That's just common sense.
    You don't see T'Challa changing suits every 8 issues. Common sense is making use of the tech that he has without him having an armory of suits.

Hickman did a great job showing T'Challa doing all kinds things in just one suit. Even Aaron showed it when he had T'Challa at the Earth's core in just the regular habit.

He fought Thanos in the regular habit.He's been in space in the same habit, he's been on the moon in the same habit. He doesn't need dozens of suits for different occasions.

Astonishing Member

You don't see T'Challa changing suits every 8 issues. Common sense is making use of the tech that he has without him having an armory of suits.

Hickman did a great job showing T'Challa doing all kinds things in just one suit. Even Aaron showed it when he had T'Challa at the Earth's core in just the regular habit.

He fought Thanos in the regular habit.He's been in space in the same habit, he's been on the moon in the same habit. He doesn't need dozens of suits for different occasions.
    Don’t underestimate the power of toys lol. T’Challa should have modified versions of the suit where it makes sense. If his normal suit is destroyed or compromised he goes with tactical armor, if he’s going against a heavy hitter Hulk level threat he should use a Hulkbuster.

I don’t think T’Challa should be like Tony and have a suit for every possible combat situation but it makes sense that he should have 2-3 specialized suits for extreme circumstances. It’s good for marketing and allows you to switch up his style every now and then. Definitely not every 8 issues but every 50 why not have 2 issues with him in a Hulkbuster suit.

Just a fun fact. Panther has also been faster and stronger than cap since his inception. At least in the comics, not so sure about MCU.

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2019/02/...anther-or.html

C0B4AA84-08F7-411E-9A08-3748EB2DB773.jpg
    D4904168-5F4D-4B8A-8AB4-386C6F8BDDD3.jpg
    Last edited by Vanguard; 09-13-2020 at 07:29 AM.

I certainly don't agree that making Shuri Black Panther dishonors Chadwich anymore than I believe recasting him. You can honor him either way.

I likewise don't agree that either option will backfire... I think the movie will suceed either way, because frankly no MCU have really not been sucessful. I've very doubtful a Coogler BP movie, regardless of how he handles it, will be the first. I think Coogler and Fiege will make it work regardless of what they decide to do. They're earned that benefit of the doubt thus far.

But it's certainly true that RDJ and Evans were able to complete their stories. And if Coogler believes there's more T'Challa story to tell, he'll recast and that's that. Coogler can and will do whatever he feels he needs to do, and it'll work either way.
    Letting someone's hardwork die with them and then just moving on to another characters story and having them take over is not being respectful. I know people want to pretend letting the first BP movie be a tribute to Chadwick bits it's not and people need to stop pretending it is. And there's a difference between being successful on ant man numbers and being successful on BP numbers and if BP 2 did ant-man numbers, I wouldn't call that sucess

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Does anybody like tactical suit panther as maybe the best? I like the upgrades of the new suit, but I think they should have kept drawing it like this, while holding onto the upgrades.

Attachment 100559
    Attachment 100560
    to me it feels like too much. I honestly like kenneth rocaforts design the best. The habit isn't super busy but the details on the face are on point

I don't think he needs to change suits every 8 issues either... even Iron Man doesn't do that. Again, just saying having a couple specialty modified suits for very specific situations probably isn't a bad idea.

Space being one of them. Placing a helmet on his regular suit is functional enough, but the space suit was just cool. See that in an Avengers movie, and what kid wouldn't wanna go out and buy that at Walmart.

20.jpg
    Last edited by XPac; 09-13-2020 at 07:20 AM.

I would have him have 3 total. Standard, thrice blessed, and then a hulk buster. But the hulk buster would be more sleek on design. Its not this big bulky thing like we have seen in the past, it should still be geared towards speed and agility and not straight up strength. We already know no one really overpowers hulk in raw strength So it's about using his strength against him and exploiting weaknesses so a suit like this

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Don’t underestimate the power of toys lol. T’Challa should have modified versions of the suit where it makes sense. If his normal suit is destroyed or compromised he goes with tactical armor, if he’s going against a heavy hitter Hulk level threat he should use a Hulkbuster.

I don’t think T’Challa should be like Tony and have a suit for every possible combat situation but it makes sense that he should have 2-3 specialized suits for extreme circumstances. It’s good for marketing and allows you to switch up his style every now and then. Definitely not every 8 issues but every 50 why not have 2 issues with him in a Hulkbuster suit.
    But you don't need for that to happen in the comics in order to do toys. You can do a toy based on anything you want.

We saw T'Challa in the Hulk-buster and that didn't turn out well. Like I said, he went up against Thanos and Ebony Maw in the regular habit and did just fine.

If you go down the road of having a specialized suit for every occasion, then you run the risk of turning him into Iron Man.

Why doesn't Reed have a suit for special occasions? Be cause he will whip up a special device instead. Why don't we see T'Challa doing more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would have him have 3 total. Standard, thrice blessed, and then a hulk buster. But the hulk buster would be more sleek on design. Its not this big bulky thing like we have seen in the past, it should still be geared towards speed and agility and not straight up strength. We already know no one really overpowers hulk in raw strength So it's about using his strength against him and exploiting weaknesses so a suit like this

You aren't going to beat Hulk with brute strength unless you're Thanos so a Hulk-buster is pretty useless imo. The Thrice-blessed armor is enough.

We can't get writers to incorporate tech in the habit, so I don't see the point in making specialized armors for various occasions. Just incorporate the tech we've been asking for in the suit he already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Letting someone's hardwork die with them and then just moving on to another characters story and having them take over is not being respectful. I know people want to pretend letting the first BP movie be a tribute to Chadwick bits it's not and people need to stop pretending it is. And there's a difference between being successful on ant man numbers and being successful on BP numbers and if BP 2 did ant-man numbers, I wouldn't call that sucess
    We'll have to agree to disagree that Shuri becoming BP disrespects Boseman hardwork. I doubt Boseman would have a problem with it at all.. but who knows. Coogler will have a better understanding of that than either of us, and I'm sure he'll act accordingly. Whatever they do I'm sure will be done as a tribute to him.

But certainly if BP does Ant-Man numbers it would be a disappointment. I just don't see that happening. Coogler has already proven he can make a oscar worthy BP movie... I think he'll be just fine.

You aren't going to beat Hulk with brute strength unless you're Thanos so a Hulk-buster is pretty useless imo. The Thrice-blessed armor is enough.

We can't get writers to incorporate tech in the habit, so I don't see the point in making specialized armors for various occasions. Just incorporate the tech we've been asking for in the suit he already has.
    To me, it's the thrice blessed armor which makes less sense. What does thrice blessed armor even do? Hulk Buster armor has a specific function with certain abilities that the standard armor doesn't. Thrice blessed armor is just more armor without any stated abilities.

I'm not sure it even works as far as giving him additional toys since it doesn't even look that good (my subjective opinion of course). If he's going to have additional suits, have them actually do something the standard doesn't. Otherwise there's no point.

But you don't need for that to happen in the comics in order to do toys. You can do a toy based on anything you want.

We saw T'Challa in the Hulk-buster and that didn't turn out well. Like I said, he went up against Thanos and Ebony Maw in the regular habit and did just fine.

If you go down the road of having a specialized suit for every occasion, then you run the risk of turning him into Iron Man.

Why doesn't Reed have a suit for special occasions? Be cause he will whip up a special device instead. Why don't we see T'Challa doing more of that.
    It makes sense for the toys to reflect the comics and movies. The other media is what alerts kids to the fact that there's a toy worth buying, and what it can do. If they plan things correctly, they can all work together and support each other.