Page 46 of 750 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Swing over to the Thor thread an check out the preview for #2. Cates has more excitement with god concepts in 4 pages than Coates has done in 3 years.
    I believe Thor is one of Cates favorite characters and basically his dream job at marvel.

so... he like... likes Thor lol

Such a weird concept... liking the character you are writing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Earthquakes... Diseases... Star Wars Revenue... The end times are here...

And then there's this...

https://cosmicbook.news/diversity-de...oseman-unhappy

In all my years of living in Hollywood as the fly on the wall and knowing many persons in this industry this rumor would not surprise me in the least!

You literally have tone deaf individuals in charge of some the most lucrative franchises and intellectual property that will nearly sabotage projects just to make a point that only they themselves care about!

I remember getting into a one-sided argument with a Sony executive about why Spiderman should be immediately returned to the MCU and our relationship deteriorated from that point on... I wish I had kept that number because I would steady be shading all day every day in the Tom Holland era!

It's possible that this Chadwick thang is a huge rumor but the fact that this has a possibility of some truth is troubling...

With that said...

Get Hectic!

Y’all are really gonna believe anything that cosmic book news says? Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Y’all are really gonna believe anything that cosmic book news says? Lmao.
    The article most certainly is clickbait and just there to stir people up for the next several articles they’ll have similar to it, but there’s reasonable complaint there going with how the universe seems directed.

Most characters don’t even seem like there going to get a trilogy anymore. Heck Captain America’s last movie was an Avengers movie for the most part. Thor was obviously the titular character from start to end in Ragnarok but I don’t know if I’d call it completely a Thor movie since it borrowed a lot of Hulk and Hulk concepts. There’s been similar articles suggesting Doctor Strange 2 will feature a lot of Wanda which I have nothing against Scarlett Witch but I’m hoping it’s still Doctor Strange’s movie at the end of the day. I want to be able to watch the Doctor Strange films one after another and not be confused or have to see any other film to understand what goes on in characters sequel.

I don’t mind Shuri having a bigger role in Black Panther but I’d be annoyed if he gets put on ice or something similar in his next movie. I don’t want him to be saved every movie he’s in either. He should get his trilogy at the very least and then they can do whatever with Shuri.

It's an unsubstantiated rumor from unknown sources on a site known for clickbait and a comment section that's STILL complaining about "SJWs".

So NATURALLY "everybody knows" it's true.

Let me be blunt: Coogler hasn't even started pre-production on BP2 (we don't even know if he has a SCRIPT yet). There's no WAY that some anonymous tip would have information on both BP3 AND Boseman's feelings about it.

(Hell, why would they even TELL Chadwick about future plans? It's not like they need his input on a movie that probably won't come out for another 6 years.)

And am I the only person who finds the idea that BLACK PANTHER is going to fail because of "diversity" rather silly? You know, the first superhero film created and (mostly) about people of color? Gee... diversity is such a bad thing. :smh:

F#ck rumors. F#ck clickbait.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    It's good that Coogler's Black Panther received a nomination for Best Picture. It seems things like that are more important to Feige then billion dollar box offices.

I say this because Marvel is replacing the directors and writers for Captain Marvel 2. The 2 directors will still work with Marvel, just on other projects.

Just let BP 2 do just as well or better than the 1st, and T'Challa will ne a major player in the MCU...and possibly have better showing in the comics.
    BP is already a major player in the MCU. The comics has nothing to do with the films boxoffice. The CM film was not good. Bp was a good film.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Having an upper limit is a common trait for that ability, and power absorbtion in general. One of the means of beating Shaw and Strong Guy is to overload them.

You want limits. You don't want say the Hulk or Thor pounding away at T'Challa with no effect. Everything should have a limit.
    Everything does not need limits. It all depends on if the writing is good or not, not limits.
    Last edited by superheat; 01-25-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Oh, and the same site credited for this rumor made the exact same rumor 7 months ago about the second movie:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...black-panther/

And suggested it for Endgame:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...hrone-wakanda/

And Infinity War:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...udios-tchalla/

Unless it was M'Baku:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...black-panther/

Nope, Shuri:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...er-avengers-4/

So this report is TRULY ground-breaking

Oh, they also have sources that talk about the scenes of T'Challa in high school in the US (remember those?):

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...la-in-the-90s/

So yeah, great journalism, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Everything does not need limits. It all depends on if the writing is good or not, not limits.
    Frankly I think the suit would be almost impossible to write well if it didn't have limits. I think part of good writing involves creating limits and rules which you work around.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Frankly I think the suit would be almost impossible to write well if it didn't have limits. I think part of good writing involves creating limits and rules which you work around.
    While there is some truth to that, some of the best comics I've read were about characters without sharply defined physical limits... because the stories aren't ABOUT physical conflict. (For the record, Neil Gaiman's Sandman and the Ostrander/Mandrake run on The Spectre)

How are these guys still in business if their news is based on pillars of false information built on top of more false information?
    Last edited by Dboi654; 01-25-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    How are these guys still in business if their news is based on pillars of false information built on top of more false information?
    Advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    You actually do need limits. There must be rules to all fantastical stories or they're just slop.

Moreover, ideally, the antagonist should be MORE capable, powerful and prepared than the protagonist so there is actual struggle for the hero to overcome and win.

Lazy writers avoid hard definitions because they remove the get-out-of-jail-free card of deus ex machina (IOW: the hero wins because s/he's the hero, not because somebody had to figure out a clever/satisfying victory.) which is why, invariably, they write weak stories. invariably. The win has to cost something or it's just wanking and every reader knows this whether they can put it into words or not.

We got a lot of flack for having T'Challa "beat" Thor in the cartoon, for instance, for the obvious fanboy reasons. In any stand-up, fist-to-fist fight, Thor destroys BP in two seconds. Good thing BP planned ahead. He also knows he can't DEFEAT Thor without massive assistance. But he can beat him in the moment with proper planning.

The suit needs limits. It needs to be broken and not up to the task from time to time or T'Challa is nothing but iron Man in a better outfit.

John Constantine is the WEAKEST sorcerer ever and he KNOWS it. So, when he's in a battle, he plays against the person, not the power and, whenever possible, he cheats. This is clever and it's in character. Which is why it takes a clever writer to do him justice. The same is true of Reed Richards, Tony Stark and, yes, T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    While there is some truth to that, some of the best comics I've read were about characters without sharply defined physical limits... because the stories aren't ABOUT physical conflict. (For the record, Neil Gaiman's Sandman and the Ostrander/Mandrake run on The Spectre)
    I won't say you absolutely can't have a good story without defined limits and rules... but 9 times out of 10 if that's lacking, that's just laziness. Without having at least a rough understanding of what is or isn't possible, things that happen start losing any sort of meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's an unsubstantiated rumor from unknown sources on a site known for clickbait and a comment section that's STILL complaining about "SJWs".

So NATURALLY "everybody knows" it's true.

Let me be blunt: Coogler hasn't even started pre-production on BP2 (we don't even know if he has a SCRIPT yet). There's no WAY that some anonymous tip would have information on both BP3 AND Boseman's feelings about it.

(Hell, why would they even TELL Chadwick about future plans? It's not like they need his input on a movie that probably won't come out for another 6 years.)

And am I the only person who finds the idea that BLACK PANTHER is going to fail because of "diversity" rather silly? You know, the first superhero film created and (mostly) about people of color? Gee... diversity is such a bad thing. :smh:

F#ck rumors. F#ck clickbait.
    It's really stupid yeah, and it is really funny when people claim "sjws are ruining everything!" Because ya know, wanting to have representation other then straight white males in everything is so bad.

As for that rumour, I don't believe it one bit. T'Chadwick will get his trilogy, unless he doesn't want to do it anymore, and after that, it's up In The air abd up to Marvel. But this whole diversity is destroying black panther or the MCU is just a clickbait designed to bring all racist, sexist, bigots, etc together so they can bitch in one place
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-25-2020 at 09:42 AM.