Page 471 of 750 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And people forget... Disney didn't cast RDJ anyway. That was before Disney bought it.

Disney isn't gonna cast someone controversial for any role.
    They cast T.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    They cast T.I.
    ahh yes, lets compare a 10 line bit part to a freaking lead of a billion dollar movie
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-br...e-illustrator/

Can't knock Stelfreeze. He did his part on the art.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ahh yes, lets compare a 10 line bit part to a freaking lead of a billion dollar movie
    They cast Josh Brolin.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This. Idiotic anti-SJWs are gonna come for whoever takes the role. The fanbase is united now due to Boseman’s passing but it’ll eventually be back on the hamster wheel for some people and they’ll go back to hating on the film and its messages. Leticia admittedly might get it worse from those types because she’s a black woman but the difference between her and Ridley is that MCU fans will be less divided and there’s a better understanding of the circumstances her and the studio are in.

She’ll get the goodwill of filling in for the previous lead, not to mention the overall regime of Feige gets more support than the higher ups at Lucasfilm. Simply put, there’s not gonna be as much hate thrown her way and most of it will be offset by the overwhelming support of fans and the media eager for a black female superhero lead.
    So are we going to ignore, or go tell to "kick rocks" to those in support of black male heroes having a high profile within fictional movie world?? It's so interesting that nobody that wants to push Shuri being given the role held by T'Challa can speak the optics of downplaying a black man for sake of boosting a black woman.

John David Washington looks like a Harlem brother. You wouldn't buy him as a king of Wakanda.

You don't like Snipes? You say he's too old? Fine.

Let's go with Nate Parker. Why?

Attachment 100616

1. He looks like a Black Panther, no joke.

2. He's three younger than Chadwick Boseman.

3. Him and Boseman used to be colleagues. Years ago, while accepting Trendsetter Award by the Congressional Black Caucus, Boseman used his platform to speak on Nate Parker and his movie Birth of Nation.

4. Nate Parker will channel the very essence of Nat Turner himself as T'Challa.
    Nate is a great actor, I think he could do the part pretty well but I wouldn’t picture him for quite a few reason & those rape allegations I don’t believe at all aren’t even the number one reason.

Wesley is still my number 1 pic for Uncle S’Yan..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So are we going to ignore, or go tell to "kick rocks" to those in support of black male heroes having a high profile within fictional movie world?? It's so interesting that nobody that wants to push Shuri being given the role held by T'Challa can speak the optics of downplaying a black man for sake of boosting a black woman.
    Unfortunately, Yes. That's what they're going to do, while deflecting to point out that Blade will be out in four years.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Unfortunately, Yes. That's what they're going to do, while deflecting to point out that Blade will be out in four years.
    Also, its interesting everyone saying Queen Shuri as Black Panther is doing so like Leticia Wright WANTING to continue is a foregone conclusion. If she says "Nah without Chadwick I'm done" then what they gonna do? Ask for Shuri to be recast?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-br...e-illustrator/

Can't knock Stelfreeze. He did his part on the art.

Hopefully he’ll come back when the writing isn’t less then subpar..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    He's got a Kickstarter going for a new series he wants to do but yeah, put him with a better writer and give him another shot at BP if he wants.

Zdarsky and Checchetto are doing a bang up job on Daredevil. I'd like to see them get a run on BP.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Also, its interesting everyone saying Queen Shuri as Black Panther is doing so like Leticia Wright WANTING to continue is a foregone conclusion. If she says "Nah without Chadwick I'm done" then what they gonna do? Ask for Shuri to be recast?
    She may not want the role or the backlash that will come with it, but she's still under contract.

They cast Josh Brolin.
    On December 20, 2004, Brolin's wife at the time, Diane Lane, called the police after an altercation with him, and he was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. Lane declined to press charges and the couple's spokesman characterized the incident as a misunderstanding.[35]

On July 12, 2008, Brolin was arrested after an altercation at the Stray Cat Bar in Shreveport, Louisiana, along with actor Jeffrey Wright and five other men who were crew members of W. Brolin was released after posting a cash bond of $334.[36][37] Brolin said to a reporter, "It was nice to be in jail knowing that I hadn't done anything wrong. And it was maddening to be in jail knowing that I hadn't done anything wrong."[14] Charges against all seven men were later dropped by Shreveport prosecutors.[38]

Brolin was arrested for public intoxication on New Year's Day, 2013 in Santa Monica, California.[39][40] The remainder of 2013 proved very difficult for him, and he later explained: "Well, it was another turning point. It made me think of a lot of things. My mom dying when I was in my 20s. All the impact that had on me that I hadn't moved past; I was always such a momma's boy. But I realized that I was on a destructive path. I knew that I had to change and mature."[8]
    Ahh yes, being a jackass while drunk. totally the same. you got me!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I personally only liked his covers. I didn't really like his interior art at all.

Curious. T'Challa is talking to Cotati Swordsman and tells him he survived his attack by using Shadow Combat. I don't remember T'Challa mentioning this before.

Where was this brought up the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    She may not want the role or the backlash that will come with it, but she's still under contract.
    Just because Disney can enforce her contract doesn't mean Disney will think it's a good idea to enforce it. Read up on Hugo Weaving's comments on the matter. Remember he had 2 more movies to go as Red Skull.

This is whats weird about the matter, despite people's [I'm assuming] good intentions they are still dehumanizing her just in the other direction. Its suddenly about what they want not what the actor or actress wants. Disney would look like the bad guy if Leticia said I can't and they said tough and it gets to the public (and you know it will get to the public). They had enough sense to not do that for Weaving and his situation didn't involve replacing an actor he was dear friends with.

Maybe when she's had a chance to breathe and mourn maybe she'll say sure. I just think its weird people aren't giving her that period cause she could also say no. Heck she could say no because of people's treatment toward her NOW.