Page 473 of 750 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm assure Coogler and his co-workers will have a better idea of what Boseman may or may not want and act accordingly. Whatever Coogler does I'm sure will be with the utmost respect for Boseman and the character.
    Just based on what Chad has said in interviews I think it's pretty clear what he wanted. You see the article about not taking certain sponsorships because of how it would look for young black kids? Pretty sure he wouldn't be cool with T'Challa dying with him just based on his words and actions when he was alive

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Also, its interesting everyone saying Queen Shuri as Black Panther is doing so like Leticia Wright WANTING to continue is a foregone conclusion. If she says "Nah without Chadwick I'm done" then what they gonna do? Ask for Shuri to be recast?
    Why would she do that? are we all just going to pretend like the show doesn't go on despite circumstances with actors? Like they don't want money and successful careers despite the passing of their friend. Marvel is the draw here everyone else involved is lucky to be so Respectfully. I'm sure she'll be back and I'm sure Marvel will try to do something tasteful hopefully outside of killing off their only black male character that matters.
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-15-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Just based on what Chad has said in interviews I think it's pretty clear what he wanted. You see the article about not taking certain sponsorships because of how it would look for young black kids? Pretty sure he wouldn't be cool with T'Challa dying with him just based on his words and actions when he was alive
    Considering that Boseman only had a 5 picture deal and BP 2 would have been his fifth movie, I would think they all had conversations on how to move the franchise foreward without Boseman. So hopefully Coogler and Feige have an idea of what Boseman wanted and everyone was on the same page about it. Again, whatever Coogler does I'm sure will be with the utmost respect for Boseman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So are we going to ignore, or go tell to "kick rocks" to those in support of black male heroes having a high profile within fictional movie world?? It's so interesting that nobody that wants to push Shuri being given the role held by T'Challa can speak the optics of downplaying a black man for sake of boosting a black woman.
    No one's discussing the optics because the implications in the argument are obvious. The idea for many is that black boys and men have had enough representation in the action-adventure genre and thus it's ok to replace the most prominent fictional black male in recent memory with a black woman, who are comparatively underrepresented. Compound this with the fact black boys/men are still getting black Captain America and Blade and it becomes easy for people to rationalize "just one" black male character getting replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is true, however the more this type of stuff goes on the more traction it gets and starts becoming normaliso under the guise of being respectful to Chad when it's actually capitalizing on his passing to push a certain agenda (hence why people were pushing it the day he passed) and there are some of us who aren't going to let it go unabated. Ultimately it's their choice but I hope they don't think killing off T'Challa is somehow what Chad wouldn't wanted or that it's somehow paying respect.
    Exactly. I hate the fact that I have to talk about this right now but if I don't and all these Twitter moms and casual fans make their social agenda come to fruition through petitions and videos claiming that this is what the fans want from looper, get their way and marvel says F it let them have it..... then this franchise loses. Shuri can't carry it and Marvel will be happy to try since they dont have "Point men" for the advancement of Tchalla in ANY OF THEIR FORMS OF MEDIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is exactly why I've been saying this discussion isn't to be had right now and Coogler and co would have to lead it.
    Yeah, a few of us have said that but.....the conversation continues.

I like to think that, when all is said and done, all of us will respect what Coogler and Marvel decide to do even if it's not what we personally want. Say what you will about Disney being the evil empire but Marvel Studios seem to work hard to maintain good relationships with their casts and crews and Chadwick's death seems to have hit everybody really hard. Marvel will do their best to do right by the man, his fans, and the Black Panther property. If not through the goodness of their hearts then through the fear of the public's reaction if their douchebaggery were made public. And all of us here, we're just shooting the **** and arguing options because it's either this or drown in the sorrow of it all.

Maybe Wright doesn't even want to be the lead actor. Maybe Marvel never even considers having Shuri or Nakia or anyone else take up the mantle and Wright isn't even offered the upgrade. Maybe Marvel is hard at work re-writing the entire damn script right now to bring in Queen Shuri. Who the hell knows. There are no good options here, it's just a matter of picking the least awful one. But end of the day, every one of us here loves the Panther, what he stands for, represents, and every one of us loves Chadwick for the same reasons. And you know what, I'm as cynical as the next bastard but I believe the people at Marvel feel the same way. So I'm not that worried; they'll do their best to honor the character and the actor and they'll make the best movie they can under these trying circumstances, and I believe all/most of us will be in the theater opening weekend even if we don't get the person we want in the suit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

only one option. WWO script. they only borrowed elements & it sold a billi. i don't mind if MCU never calls. but they cant take my concepts & ignore the contributions.

what would you do with BP? i know what i would do. Continue the Campaign.

re-cast lead with a star-power actor. CAB was the crown-jewel. irreplaceable.

WWO/ Black Panther Youtube video coming soon.... you're not gonna like it!

P.S. when has WWO ever failed BP? i'll wait

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think from a selfish fan perspective

If T'challa fans don't speak often and constant like the Shuri (un)fans, we feel like we will get drowned out.
    Yeah and unlike other nonsensical stuff these fans with agenda's bring up, this one has potential to gain. Alot of traction, and I. Today's world fans have alot more influence then ever before

Considering that Boseman only had a 5 picture deal and BP 2 would have been his fifth movie, I would think they all had conversations on how to move the franchise foreward without Boseman. So hopefully Coogler and Feige have an idea of what Boseman wanted and everyone was on the same page about it. Again, whatever Coogler does I'm sure will be with the utmost respect for Boseman.
    Yeh and considering that BP was a 1.3 billion dollar IP thanks to Chadwick and peoples interest in T'CHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER. Im pretty sure that Chadwick was going to be around for as long as he wanted. You don't take your billion dollar headliner and sideline him for a unproven supporting cast member just because they were a fan favorite. You keep your money maker in place and keep the title character going. This is business here, you make sure the money maker is around to draw the money.
    Again, BP isn't an ensemble super hero movie. Its a SOLO hero movie so the person who's franchise it belongs to gets too billing

After a night of watching Black Panther YouTube videos I have a thought:
    The MCU has failed to make T'challa and The Black Panther as inextricably connected in the mind of MCU fans as he is in the mind of BP comic fans. In fact they have actually primed the audience to imagine a Wakanda without T'Challa. We've seen several people wearing panther habits (T'Chaka, T'Challa and N'jadaka) and we've been forced to imagine other people on the throne for extended periods of time (Years between Infinity War and Endgame)

In MCU fans minds T'Challa = Chadwick and The Black Panther = Whoever is currently on the throne.

Perhaps the passing the mantle discussion started with some people pushing an agenda, but its past that now. When people like Comicstorian and EmergencyAwesome are saying the respectful thing to do is honor his legacy and pass the mantle then I doubt its some agenda anymore. This is what some people genuinely feel and I think the MCU has primed them to feel this way.
    Last edited by Pumbaa; 09-16-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Exactly. I hate the fact that I have to talk about this right now but if I don't and all these Twitter moms and casual fans make their social agenda come to fruition through petitions and videos claiming that this is what the fans want from looper, get their way and marvel says F it let them have it..... then this franchise loses. Shuri can't carry it and Marvel will be happy to try since they dont have "Point men" for the advancement of Tchalla in ANY OF THEIR FORMS OF MEDIA.
    For the movies at least, Shuri can carry the IP. The MCU brand name is itself strong enough to carry almost any movie to success at this point.

Outside the mcu is a different matter ... comics in particular. But Tchalla doesn't have to be gone outside the mcu even if he's dead there. I'm pretty sure any characters who die in the mcu will still be around in the comics. We'll still have Tchalla, Tony Stark, and Steve Roger's in everything outside the mcu for decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    After a night of watching Black Panther YouTube videos I have a thought:
    The MCU has failed to make T'challa and The Black Panther as inextricably connected in the mind of MCU fans as he is in the mind of BP comic fans. In fact they have actually primed the audience to imagine a Wakanda without T'Challa. We've seen several people wearing panther habits (T'Chaka, T'Challa and N'jadaka) and we've been forced to imagine other people on the throne for extended periods of time (Years between Infinity War and Endgame)

In MCU fans minds T'Challa = Chadwick and The Black Panther = Whoever is currently on the throne.

Perhaps the passing the mantle discussion started with some people pushing an agenda, but its past that now. When people like Comicstorian and EmergencyAwesome are saying the respectful thing to do is honor his legacy and pass the mantle then I doubt its some agenda anymore. This is what some people genuinely feel and I think the MCU has primed them to feel this way.
    I think the mcu as a whole is attempting to prime the audience to believe all the franchises can live beyond its primary protagonists.

We're definitely getting a new Captain America and a new Thor, but there's also potential for a new Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Hawkeye, and Black Panther. I think MCU prepared itself for actors aging or moving on in a way the comics never have to. They are building it into the system itself.

I think the mcu as a whole is attempting to prime the audience to believe all the franchises can live beyond its primary protagonists.

We're definitely getting a new Captain America and a new Thor, but there's also potential for a new Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Hawkeye, and Black Panther. I think MCU prepared itself for actors aging or moving on in a way the comics never have to. They are building it into the system itself.
    Yeah, I get you. Its just weird that they started so early with Black Panther. The throne of Wakanda has changed hands 5 times since T'challa's introduction in Civil War and he's only had 1 solo movie. Imagine if Caps shield, Iron man's armor or Thor's hammer had been handed to other people 5 times before their second movie. Would it feel like theirs or just theirs for now?

Now that I'm thinking about it, whoever was on the throne in the 5 year time jump in Endgame has actually been on the throne longer than T'challa was. We dont know who it was but the MCU has forced us to imagine it now. And before we got confirmation that Shuri got dusted, many fans assumed she was on the throne so people grew comfortable imagining Wakanda with a queen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Yeah, I get you. Its just weird that they started so early with Black Panther. The throne of Wakanda has changed hands 5 times since T'challa's introduction in Civil War and he's only had 1 solo movie. Imagine if Caps shield, Iron man's armor or Thor's hammer had been handed to other people 5 times before their second movie. Would it feel like theirs or just theirs for now?

Now that I'm thinking about it, whoever was on the throne in the 5 year time jump in Endgame has actually been on the throne longer than T'challa was. We dont know who it was but the MCU has forced us to imagine it now. And before we got confirmation that Shuri got dusted, many fans assumed she was on the throne so people grew comfortable imagining Wakanda with a queen too.
    That's an interesting point about Wakanda post snap. If it was Ramonda or Okoye on the throne we can just think of them as a place sitters ... but if hypothetically it was Mbaku, then to half the Wakandans they had a sitting king for half a decade. Doesn't necessarily effect audience perception since we didn't see it, but it's a potential plot point to consider for the next movie if they don't hand wave that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I want either Ewing or Zdarsky writing the next BP solo.

Shame we gotta wait until 2021 for the current run to end. Plus no AoW. Looks like it's just Avengers only for BP now.
    I'm really confused as to why we have to wait till next year to end the run, I mean most other titles started up and we're Continuing again. Unless there is something else win the mix I. Regards to the new writer they should of just ended the run and moved on