Page 477 of 750 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 11243

That's like saying any actor to try and play James Bond after Sean Connery had/will have a hard time playing the role because "they might not do as good of a job as him.". And yet, they keep cranking out James Bond movies. They've been making James Bond movies for 58 years. Actors come and ago, but James Bond never goes away. T'Challa should be no different.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-16-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is some huge revisionist history happening now. There was a not small contingent that did not like T'Chadwick and thought someone else could embody T'challa more. And Thought T'challa was completely overshadowed by MJB, Duke, ect. Some of them are in this very thread now.

I'm not gonna say anymore than that and I definitely was not one of them as I defended the dude from day one but it is real.

Russo's don't care about T'challa lol. He was a means to an end. He was an afterthought. "****, we lost spider-man, who else can we add in? Let's just expand T'challas role."

"Yes, we got spider-man back, lets shoe horn him into the conflict in a way that makes no narrative sense at all and accomplishes nothing to the story!"

The hard on for certain characters isn't just a comics issue.

There was literally no reason to snap T'challa. He could have easily taken Okoye's roll in the film and you could have snapped Okoye, Mbaku, Nakia, Shuri, Ramonda and left T'challa in isolation without his support. He could have still showed up in the end with Wakanda's army.

Instead of Endgame starting with more Hawkeye dick riding (Ronin made no fucking sense and was a waste of time in the movie), imagine T'challa frantically running back to the golden city to see that his sister, mom, and nakia were snapped out of existence after just watching Okoye, Mabku, and half his army disappear.

But watching Hawkeye's crappy choreograpy in Japan was cool!
    Bruh you can't make this stuff up! Your absolutely right, there are people out there (and in here) who are trying to edit themselves. They were all over that T'Challa was overshadowed isht but are changing their narrative now. And the people on other platforms are the same way, those people talking a lot retiring the character out of respect are the same ones saying he wasn't thst interesting or he was overshadowed and calling for him to be replaced anyways, now they can try and hide behind "out of respect for Chadwick as I can't see anyone else as T'Challa". Its ridiculous..

And to your other point.. yeah they could of made a quick edit and had Okoye disappear instead of T'Challa, had him in EG reporting what's going on and nothing at all would of changed, hell it could of jumped started always prepared Priest panther by having him somewhat jaded and a little distant when Shuri and co come back because he has had to rule for the last 5 years without his sister, his LI, his loyal general and his new best bro.. And yeah, Hawkeye wanking was... Dumb. The Ronin thing was so unnecessary. Yeah yeah it's the Avengers swan song but he just gets so much d riding and he is just okay.

But the deal was Wakanda was so miniscule to the plot that the snap was just dumb. Of course it made a huge cheer when T'Challa came through the Portal first but I would trade thst for him to have not been gone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He's only been dead a week. Calls for replacing him should be quieter. There is no lack of support for recasting. Ppl that want a recast likely have enough respect and tact to wait for the family to bury the man before calling for his replacement. Sadly, those calls had to be moved up since this Shuri agenda has been so vocal just days after his death. As time goes on more ppl will be more vocal about a recast and actors will be bolder in pushing to be the next Tchalla. But that takes time these casual mcu fans for Shuri aren't allowing
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong with providing a counter-narrative. While Disney may not be consumed by what the preference of their audience is, I find it hard to believe they're not monitoring social media and the major sites to see the general attitude towards a recast. So it's entirely fair for people who have a certain direction they would like to see to express that like people in favor of Shuri taking the throne are.

Especially when if you look at certain sites it can seem like the audience only wants one thing (though this is changing slowly). T'Challa means a lot to a lot of different people and while there are major disagreements here and there, everybody wants to get a story that first and foremost honors the legacy of Boseman while telling an entertaining story they can support. Disney has plenty of time to let people emotionally settle down before picking how to move forward. Hopefully fans (both casual and hardcore) are willing to give them the space to do that and let the cards fall where they may.

If Shuri takes the throne I've already made peace with the kind of BP mythos we'll get so at this point it's all about the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He's only been dead a week. Calls for replacing him should be quieter. There is no lack of support for recasting. Ppl that want a recast likely have enough respect and tact to wait for the family to bury the man before calling for his replacement. Sadly, those calls had to be moved up since this Shuri agenda has been so vocal just days after his death. As time goes on more ppl will be more vocal about a recast and actors will be bolder in pushing to be the next Tchalla. But that takes time these casual mcu fans for Shuri aren't allowing
    Bro.. people were calling for T'Challa retired and Shuri to be his replacement IN the goddam tweet from Chad's account. And all over FB within the damn hour of learning of his passing.. days? Your being too kind. And thst is another reason why I am so against it because these people aren't genuine at all

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That's like saying any actor to try and play James Bond after Sean Connery had/will have a hard time playing the role because "they might not do as good of a job as him.". And yet, they keep cranking out James Bond movies. They've been making James Bond movies for 58 years. Actors come and ago, but James Bond never goes away. T'Challa should be no different.
    Yeah, plus the fact that T'Challa the black panther grossed 1.3 billion. You don't retire the headliner in favor of the support. People cheered when T'Challa came back on his solo, people were vocally upset when he got snapped and cheered when he came through the portal I. EG. They weren't gasping at the supporting cast. T'Challa should never go away ever

Again some people miss the point this a difficult situation where it isn't an easy answer and they are multiple solutions that are valid. While it simple seems like the easy no brainer answer for you the hardcore black panther fan to keep moving forward with your favorite in your favorite format.

But in light of Chadwick Boseman's real life death they are now forced to consider all options and including choices they wouldn't probably make until some point in the distance future. The argument of accelerating timeline of certian choice in world where Ironman and Black Widow is dead, Captian America is an old man is something that is valid.

Captian America didn't have to be retired, Black Widow doesn't have to be replaced those moves where made because the actors are moving on. The powers at Disney has made MCU a finite universe( that will have to be probably rebooted at some point) because how they choose to handle extended story and character retirement. I don't disagree with many points being said in fact I said it before I hope they recast the role but where I disagree is that is only one correct choice. MCU is very setting where legacy character is a legit option.

Understandable this thread and rightfully so isn't a place where most people are going to agree with that thought process and that is fine.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-16-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Again some people miss the point this a difficult situation where it isn't an easy answer and they are multiple solutions that are valid. While it simple seems like the easy no brainer answer for you the hardcore black panther fan to keep moving forward with your favorite in your favorite format.

But in light of Chadwick Boseman's real life death they are now forced to consider all options and including choices they wouldn't probably make until some point in the distance future. The argument of accelerating timeline of certian choice in world where Ironman and Black Widow is dead, Captian America is an old man is something that is valid.

Captian America didn't have to be retired, Black Widow doesn't have to be replaced those moves where made because the actors are moving on. The powers at Disney has made MCU a finite universe( that will have to be probably rebooted at some point) because how they choose to handle extended story and character retirement. I don't disagree with many points being said in fact I said it before I hope they recast the role but where I disagree is that is only one correct choice. MCU is very setting where legacy character is a legit option.

Understandable this thread and rightfully so isn't a place where most people are going to agree with that thought process and that is fine.
    the reason that we the BP fans are saying it's the only option like we are is because, 1. T'Challa is still alive. 2. T'Challas story arc hasn't been told to completion. 3. Shuri isn't even geared towards taking over the mantle as a legacy character at all yet. 4 the reason it's pushed so hard here is Because of the DISRESPECT these "fans" showed to Chad by talking about replacing him within the hour of hearing his passing. 5. Given interviewsfrom Chad and people who know him and what he has said and done, it's pretty clear if he was around he wouldn't want the character to be retired or killed off. 6. T'Challa has already died twice and to kill him again for good is hugely distasteful and sends a terrible message to young black kids and does a disservice to his legacy.

Ontop of it all. Most of us have said that now isn't the time to be discussing it and it's better to give it time. But the people who are pushing their agenda are relentless so you see people pushing back on it

Shiiiiiit, world ain't listening to some black dude who just made himself known a few years ago lol.
    Hey man, it's T'Challa. After five years of collapsed governments, economies, etc., he'd have been large and in charge. A functioning Wakanda could've held the rest of the world up, at least a little, during that time jump. Not listening to the black man? With half the population dead and governments struggling to maintain there's no way they *wouldn't* listen to the man with access to futuristic sci-fi vibranium technology. Maybe not at first, but at the end of the first year or two? That Wakandan outreach program would be looking pretty good by then. Better than letting your people die and starve because you lost most of your doctors and farmers.

Huh. You know, I just thought....if T'Challa hadn't been Snapped, and he and his new Wakandan outreach program had ended up having to help the rest of the world hold their sh*t together....I can see things growing and snowballing and by the end, Killmonger might have had what he wanted; a world (largely) reliant on Wakanda. That'd have been a hell of an irony.

I'd have rather T'Challa not been Snapped at all, don't get me wrong, but I see why they did it.

and hawkeye had AoU. What did the Ronin side quest add to the movie?
    I dunno, the chance to show that Clint was angry about his family and killing people I guess? Let him have his 15 minutes man, it's friggin Hawkeye. Nobody's cheering for that dude under any circumstance.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hey man, it's T'Challa. After five years of collapsed governments, economies, etc., he'd have been large and in charge. A functioning Wakanda could've held the rest of the world up, at least a little, during that time jump. Not listening to the black man? With half the population dead and governments struggling to maintain there's no way they *wouldn't* listen to the man with access to futuristic sci-fi vibranium technology. Maybe not at first, but at the end of the first year or two? That Wakandan outreach program would be looking pretty good by then. Better than letting your people die and starve because you lost most of your doctors and farmers.

Huh. You know, I just thought....if T'Challa hadn't been Snapped, and he and his new Wakandan outreach program had ended up having to help the rest of the world hold their sh*t together....I can see things growing and snowballing and by the end, Killmonger might have had what he wanted; a world (largely) reliant on Wakanda. That'd have been a hell of an irony.

I'd have rather T'Challa not been Snapped at all, don't get me wrong, but I see why they did it.

I dunno, the chance to show that Clint was angry about his family and killing people I guess? Let him have his 15 minutes man, it's friggin Hawkeye. Nobody's cheering for that dude under any circumstance.
    I think the biggest reason to add Clint (aside from being an original Avenger) is that it helps set up both the Black Widow movie and the Hawkeye show. He needed to be there for Natasha's sacrifice. It all made sense.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That would have been a very good and compelling twist. Maybe that should be one of the What If? scenarios for the future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

As always, you do a great job summing up my thoughts on stuff lol.

T'Challa being alive during the 5 year gap would have, if taken to its logical conclusion, changed the landscape of the MCU post-Snap. Wakanda would be the linchpin for the global economy, have outreach initiatives, etc. Theoretically you could say he just wanted to focus on Wakanda and maybe he didn't do much during that time but it'd almost be a betrayal of his character not to step up. T'Challa being alive and on Earth almost demands he play a prominent role.

And if he was alive and didn't do anything we all know we would've complained about the wasted potential and him being used to drive ticket sales. I disliked that he was killed off but I get why they did it. The real issue is that Disney felt there needed to be a whole five year timeskip when it only benefited one character in Tony. The story, and the ongoing narratives of newer characters like T'Challa and Peter would've been better served if it had been only a year since the Snap. Pepper could've been pregnant and about to give birth and I think most of the emotional beats of Iron Man's Infinity War-Endgame arc could've been met.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-16-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I can't even tell who most of those people are

but Namor... Namor I recognize

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I can't even tell who most of those people are

but Namor... Namor I recognize

Shang-Chi (I think), She-Hulk, Captain America, Namor, Wolverine, and T'Challa (I'm certain).