Page 494 of 750 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    This is no argument brodie. Tchalla is still alive within the mcu, even if it is up to coogler trust me thats not how the cookie crumbles. Just because it's his decision doesn't mean he shouldn't be logical and no i don't consider this a "tough situation" like I said before it's either recast or don't even bother and no shuri does not have the development to be the next bp, sure letita can be bp but not until tchalla story is over period. This isn't up for debate like at all, everyone is aware of Chadwicks passing but if you know how hollywood works then its the next man up and Chadwick (god rest his soul) is not the end all be all. Idk why anyone would be cool with shuri taking the mantle out of nowhere, just because Boseman is gone doesn't mean tchalla is. With that logic the Lakers should've canceled theyre season because of kobe but that's not how it goes. Emotions and feelings are no match for logic, shuri will have her shot WHEN ITS TIME until then if i were coogler i'd just recast. Got until 2022 so thats enough time to get past this grieving process. Let's not be in favor of killing off a character just to uplift a side character, thats a no no plus if i were to bring the comics into the fold Shuri as BP didn't do so well, I'm just super sayin B
    The Lakers cancelling their season becaues of Kobe's death is less comparable to Shuri taking over the mantle than it is the "or don't even bother" notion. Just as the season will go on for the Laker, so will the BP movie. It's simply a matter of replacing Kobe postion, the same way they will replace Bosemans... the question being whether they will replace it with Shuri or a new T'Challa or even Killmonger or Kasper Cole. Again, there are options.

As far as whether or not it's up for debate... clearly it is, because here we are. People have been debating about it for quite some time. Even more mainstream media has discussed the matter. So I don't agree the issue is quite as clear cut as you believe it to be. I think there are a lot of people who want different thngs, and I think there are valid reasons for why they think it. Though certainly you may end up being 100% about Coogler wanting to continue telling T'Challa's story... and if that's the case, they'll recast and that will be that. Coogler will do what Coogler wants to do, and the people who don't get their way will simply have to live with it.

I think TChalla should talk a little more trash and in a not so eloquent way. Like I won’t hesitate to tune you up. Sure he should talk like a King, but slightly more arrogance, and more Wakandan culture driven actions. I’m doing this for my people type attitude. And like others have mentioned, really show that he’s 8th smartest in the world like the comics say.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think TChalla should talk a little more trash and in a not so eloquent way. Like I won’t hesitate to tune you up. Sure he should talk like a King, but slightly more arrogance, and more Wakandan culture driven actions. I’m doing this for my people type attitude. And like others have mentioned, really show that he’s 8th smartest in the world like the comics say.
    I'm not one of those people who thought T'Challa was better in Civil War than in his own film, but if Coogler could give T'Challa a bit more arrogance I wouldn't be mad. He should have genuine respect and appreciation for the outside world, but he should also have misgivings and won't hesitate to make them known.

Likewise, he chafes at some of Wakanda's close-mindedness and opposition to his reforms, but still champions his people and culture. He should be a bit more standoffish if you know what I mean, while still being a good person with everyone's best interests at heart. A bit untrustworthy and underhanded, but ultimately someone people can put their faith in to do the right thing. It's a balancing act and one that we'll hopefully see Coogler do as T'Challa grows and faces new threats.

Still need to remember that we don't have the fully developed T'Challa yet in the MCU. He just became king not long ago so his characterestics and mannerisms are still developing. I would say that in BP2 we should see more of a cocky T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    He does have flaws, but they're not big in your face things like Tony's ego/drinking. Thor's arrogance (or depression in Endgame), or Steve being out of step with the modern day and being constantly surprised when he "understands that reference."

Gotta keep in mind, most movie audiences don't think too deep, especially at a MCU film; yeah T'Challa was wrong about Bucky but that's not a "flaw" so much as a very understandable mistake. But there's no big obvious thing you can slap on his character to show that he's not "perfect" like there is with the rest of the Avengers. By comparison, T'Challa looks like the adult in a room full of children.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I *want* to see that raw genius of T'Challa in the films. I feel like a huge chunk of his character is being ignored and as much as I love MCU T'Challa, this bothers me. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU was downplaying it a bit so he doesn't look *too* competent.
    I keep saying it, T'Challa doesn't have to be show. In a lab tinkering, just reference it. Have him have Shuri schematics for upgrades to the habit and tell her that he needs them done ASAP and he doesn't have the time to do ot, and she says something along the lines of "these are extensive updates, why do you need them when the suit works perfectly?" To which he replies, "Just because something work's doesn't mean it can be improved" showing the call back to the first movie. It showcases T'Challa as a genius capable of designing but just lacks the time because he is king

Point Man: "Run the clock out!"

DC has multiple versions of Batman and Joker that in most cases have absolutely nothing to do with each other on or off screen!

This current MCU is starting to get long in the tooth post Thanos "Snap" and it's near time to move on as most comic events are meant to close out and wrap up loose ends!

There is no certified box office star like Downey Jr. carrying the load and guaranteeing sales let alone butts in the seats that now have to sit 6 feet apart!

For the most part Marvel is scrambling around during this pandemic troubleshooting this or that with actors aging out right before our very eyes milking the MCU for every last dollar and cent!

Kang the Conqeror in Antman... Uhm okay!

Galactus eating planets that already suffered 50% of Thanos "Snap" dusting... Uhm sure!

Doctor Doom world conquering with a bit more wit than Loki... Aight!

Reboot... Get brand new younger actors and restart with the availability of Fantastic Four and X-men!

Also... A Priest version of Black Panther would be nice this time around perhaps even introducing him challenging the Fantastic Four issue #52 style!

AND... I's very possible that most things are headed to Disney+ even if by default at least until some mad Dr Frankenstein scientist cures this virus that has set the whole industry back and then some!

Disney has $70 Billion FOX Studios buyout revenue to make up for...

Point Man: "This never gets old!"

You can't recast this wonderful human being you can only reboot...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm not one of those people who thought T'Challa was better in Civil War than in his own film, but if Coogler could give T'Challa a bit more arrogance I wouldn't be mad. He should have genuine respect and appreciation for the outside world, but he should also have misgivings and won't hesitate to make them known.

Likewise, he chafes at some of Wakanda's close-mindedness and opposition to his reforms, but still champions his people and culture. He should be a bit more standoffish if you know what I mean, while still being a good person with everyone's best interests at heart. A bit untrustworthy and underhanded, but ultimately someone people can put their faith in to do the right thing. It's a balancing act and one that we'll hopefully see Coogler do as T'Challa grows and faces new threats.
    A little bit of arrogance is a good thing. It potentially makes his character a bit funner, and gives him some flaws which can be incorporated into stories down the line.

We potentially might see that side of him more in the future. In the first movie, he spends most of his time around close friends and family... it's not the context where you necessarily see an untrustworthy underhanded T'Challa. Put him in a setting where he's away from family and that side of him might be more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I keep saying it, T'Challa doesn't have to be show. In a lab tinkering, just reference it. Have him have Shuri schematics for upgrades to the habit and tell her that he needs them done ASAP and he doesn't have the time to do ot, and she says something along the lines of "these are extensive updates, why do you need them when the suit works perfectly?" To which he replies, "Just because something work's doesn't mean it can be improved" showing the call back to the first movie. It showcases T'Challa as a genius capable of designing but just lacks the time because he is king
    I'd be good with that kind of approach to showing off T'Challa's brains. Love the idea of the call back too.

If I got my way I'd want to showcase his strategic mind more than they have so far. We've gotten some really good moments that show us T'Challa is a few steps ahead of everyone else but I definitely wouldn't argue with that getting a little more attention. I want one of those Sherlock moments where you find out T'Challa knew who the killer was five minutes into the movie and has just been playing everyone since.

Also agree with wanting to see him be a bit harder too, like chief is saying. But T'Challa is a young king in the MCU and his character arc was, really, just beginning. We were just getting to a place where that kind of attitude could have really asserted itself.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Point Man: "Run the clock out!"

You can't recast this wonderful human being you can only reboot...
    Can't get down with reboot idea. Just leave a billion dollar IP on the shelf for the next five years minimum, to finish up all the current trilogies (assuming stuff like Shang and Eternals get those)? When in the end you'll have to get a new actor no matter what? Nah, if my choices are "get more BP now" and "wait several long years to get more BP" and there's gonna be a new actor in the mask no matter what? I'll take the option that gives me more Black Panther please. Even if Coogler and Fiege decide to go a route I don't personally like, it's not like the movie is gonna be bad or anything, it's not like the brand won't still matter at all. And if they reboot anyway? Then there's literally nothing to gain from putting the brand on the shelf and nothing to lose by utilizing it.

Besides, this is even assuming the studio reboots. We haven't really seen the MCU post-Endgame yet; Far From Home was just a big epilogue so we can't say if they're creatively out of gas or not. We can't say audiences aren't interested, looking at how often the Wandavision trailer was viewed. Their shared narrative has become the linchpin of their success. And this studio has taken Z-list brands like the GotG and Ant-Man and turned them into household names. I doubt they're too afraid of losing the OG Avengers cast, especially with Carol bringing in a billion, mileage left in the Spidey deal, several franchises still expanding and new ones ready to debut, OG Avenger legacies everywhere, and the FF and X back in play. If we wait for a MCU reboot before we get the BP back, we could be waiting a very long time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I liked his attitude in CW when he was talking to Cap and Sam In The car, and the deleted scene with widow, that's the type of "arrogance" I think he should have, subtle, calculated, and measured, he should be somewhat standoffish when. He first meets someone but again, slightly, it's subtle hints of it, not blatant.

Point Man: "Let me unpack this!"

It is absolutley no ones fault that T'chadwick Boseman passed away... Not Marvel, not Disney, not anyone!

These are the cards that Black Panther fans have been dealt and we must accept and deal with that reality moving forward!

A miracle was created that resulted in 1.3 billion dollars at the box office where as in the past you had Wesley Snipes and a whole lot of limbo attached that was headed nowhere fast!

Saudi Arabia opened up their cinema for this movie... Let that sink in!

John David Washington whose father Denzel bankrolled Chadwick's overseas acting training is pushing for white male lead Reed Richards as opposed to being an obvious choice to succeed Boseman...

https://www.cbr.com/tenet-john-david...fantastic-mcu/

Via superstition or other reasonings you might have a lot of potential replacements shying away from this gig either out of respect to Boseman or the drama that comes with filling this role!

If you can stomach Coates for all these seasons you can probably hold off and wait until after this pandemic passes and look towards a reset!

OR...

Marvel could pull an Ultimates and have two seperate sliding timescales going on at the same time like Fox's X-men having nothing to do with the standard issue MCU!

Black Panther is a role of a lifetime and any actor wearing the shoes deserves a right to enjoy the experience not answer 1001 questions about replacing a virtual living ghost that preceded him!

Black Panther 2 could literally be a cinematic funeral and depressing...

This is comics and super heroes... Reboots and retcons happen every other cancellation or change of creative team!
    Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Leaked cropped images of Black Panther in Marvel Avengers game

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ei4XjFSXcAEEqze.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ei4Y365WAAAVb_k.jpg
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 09-27-2020 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Leaked cropped images of Black Panther in Marvel Avengers game

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ei4XjFSXcAEEqze.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ei4Y365WAAAVb_k.jpg
    How is the game in general?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How is the game in general?
    Well I only played the beta, and that made me decide not to get the full game lol. At least right now, especially at $60/£60. And from what I've seen and heard, the full game isn't any better.

There's a lot I wasn't impressed by, especially regarding graphics quality and performance. There were A LOT of bugs, even game-breaking ones. You had a lot of frame rate drops as well. Multiplayer and matchmaking was pretty much a bust.

Combat can be fun at times, especially with the right character and build (I think Thor plays really well), but it rarely makes you feel like you're an actual superhero. There's a lot of cheap difficulty in enemy scaling, especially with ranged enemies. They can easily kill you with 1-3 ranged shots, and you can't even tell where they're coming from. There are these heat seeking missles that will follow you around til they hit you no matter what, even if you've dodged it multiple times. The combat just doesn't have that effortless flow the Arkham games and Spider-Man PS4 had, and the skill trees aren't even that deep. A lot of it is just passives and stat buffs. Combos can be cool to execute, but they don't look that good. And traversal could use some work. Hulk is slow as hell, and Cap's parkour looks so janky.

The worst part of the game is probably the loot and microtransactions though. I don't even know why this game had that kind of system. I heard a lot about how bad drop rates were, and I think you can spend something between $10-15 on a friggin takedown lol.

So yea, it's a really big disappointment for me. It doesn't even look that great, which could have been a saving grace. As a BP fan I guess I'm looking forward to his appearance (rumoured to be in December) just so we can have stuff to add to the creativity pool in terms of the aesthetics and abilities. The guy who is responsible for a lot of the game's leaks including those pics has seen the entire thing and said the suit looks like a combination of the Man Without Fear suit and the Thrice Blessed Armor but he didn't like it. So I don't know how to feel about that.

Let's not sugarcoat things, the only reason WoW got an Eisner is because the two leads were non-white lesbians and it wasn't poorly written. It was a slap in the face to the BP mythos but by and large, it was an average love story with decent art and ok writing. If it wasn't approved by Coates and didn't feature the representation that it did no one would've batted an eye.
    Naw vase majority of the writing was god awful & barely readable/workable story mechanics. Alitha E. Martinez art was ok, Yona Harvey short story was average & not offense she should’ve main writer not Gay if he had to pick between the too but that wouldn’t have worked with the agenda they were pushing. The Kasper story by Rembert Browne was decent aswell but the main story that the award was giving out for ( cause no level was that award earned) was pure trash from start to finish..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 09-27-2020 at 07:32 AM.

The voice of a woman addressing T'Challa in Marvel's Avengers: https://vocaroo.com/15AC3tmk6Y3l