Page 515 of 750 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    When did this happen?
    Never. It's an Aaron random tech pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think he should have the means to take out just about anyone, even on the fly. But as his standard, I think he should be Spiderman level, that’s more than respectable power imo. Right around that low mid tier, which is pretty much where he is. I don’t think being overpowered makes a character better for the most part.
    If by this, you mean he can at fight Spiderman or equivalence on any given day and be able to take them down then yeah I agree, of you mean Spiderman strength then I don't think that's necessary, part of T'Challas appeal is fighting (consistently) above his weight class.

As for tech Shadow physics should be the way vibranium can redistribute kinetic energy. Base vibranium absorbs and dissipates energy and Shadow physics is how T'Challa figured out how to tap into that avenue and channel it and make it stable and controlled.

That's why T'Challas habit has the kinect energy and not regular soldiers

Erik Killmonger = King of The Dead

Black Panther is starting to have one too many moving parts... No wonder the 1.3 Billion Dollar movie is technically the only BP related project that ever turned an actual profit!

Bitten by a radioactive spider...

Super Soldier Serum...

Midichlorians...

Heart Shaped Herb Shadow Physics King of The Dead Vibranium Jockstrap Bast Induced Mystic Powers Activate...

Exactly how is a child in the sadnbox supposed to cosplay as his favorite Wakandan super hero with OH so many convoluted avenues to express himself with!

Trim The FAT!!!

The best heroes narrow down their level up options and work from there and make compelling seat of your pants drama that extends through 500+ issues!

Make Achebe your local Wakandan based Doctor Strange and keep it moving... Black Panthers lagging rogues gallery has little to do with him hogging all the traits and gifts!

Batman: "Co-signage!"

Catwoman: "And for Bast sake get that man a legitimate love interest from his own franchise and send the weather witch packing... How hard is this!"

Black Panther comic cancelled again... I know, let's add another hard to explain power that no writer will know what to do with on next reboot because that worked so well the last time!

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If by this, you mean he can at fight Spiderman or equivalence on any given day and be able to take them down then yeah I agree, of you mean Spiderman strength then I don't think that's necessary, part of T'Challas appeal is fighting (consistently) above his weight class.

As for tech Shadow physics should be the way vibranium can redistribute kinetic energy. Base vibranium absorbs and dissipates energy and Shadow physics is how T'Challa figured out how to tap into that avenue and channel it and make it stable and controlled.

That's why T'Challas habit has the kinect energy and not regular soldiers
    Yea not in strength. I know Spiderman is stronger. TChalla is about 3 or 4 tons. Spiderman about 10.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    This article suggests that he is controlling it, but I haven't read the entire Avengers issue so I don't know what else Black Panther did or did not do with the hammer:

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-black-p...l%20over%20it.
    THe article made stuff up.

They posted the scan. The hammer literally just danced around him instead of obliterating him.

T'challa never made it do anything. In fact, Khonshu flew off with it as soon as MK showed up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yea not in strength. I know Spiderman is stronger. TChalla is about 3 or 4 tons. Spiderman about 10.
    For T'Challa, strength up to a point is moot anyways. The nature of his suit allows him to take and deliver as much force as what he's up against, at least up to a point (he obviously won't be trading blows with Hulk anytime soon). So while he won't be picking up any super heavy objects, he's able to dish out and take shots from meta human opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For T'Challa, strength up to a point is moot anyways. The nature of his suit allows him to take and deliver as much force as what he's up against, at least up to a point (he obviously won't be trading blows with Hulk anytime soon). So while he won't be picking up any super heavy objects, he's able to dish out and take shots from meta human opponents.
    It’s true.
    I did see him suplex a Rhino though.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    THe article made stuff up.

They posted the scan. The hammer literally just danced around him instead of obliterating him.

T'challa never made it do anything. In fact, Khonshu flew off with it as soon as MK showed up.
    He was able to get the hammer to not hit him ... which implies he had partial control over the hammer. More than Thor at least in a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Erik Killmonger = King of The Dead

Black Panther is starting to have one too many moving parts... No wonder the 1.3 Billion Dollar movie is technically the only BP related project that ever turned an actual profit!

Bitten by a radioactive spider...

Super Soldier Serum...

Midichlorians...

Heart Shaped Herb Shadow Physics King of The Dead Vibranium Jockstrap Bast Induced Mystic Powers Activate...

Exactly how is a child in the sadnbox supposed to cosplay as his favorite Wakandan super hero with OH so many convoluted avenues to express himself with!

Trim The FAT!!!

The best heroes narrow down their level up options and work from there and make compelling seat of your pants drama that extends through 500+ issues!

Make Achebe your local Wakandan based Doctor Strange and keep it moving... Black Panthers lagging rogues gallery has little to do with him hogging all the traits and gifts!

Batman: "Co-signage!"

Catwoman: "And for Bast sake get that man a legitimate love interest from his own franchise and send the weather witch packing... How hard is this!"

Black Panther comic cancelled again... I know, let's add another hard to explain power that no writer will know what to do with on next reboot because that worked so well the last time!

I mean, of we are wanting to simply then ya

HSH + vibranium are really all he needs and are all that's shown when he is at his best. Shadow physics and kotd haven't really done anything and If they disappeared then I wouldn't care either way.

The King of the Dead strength level thing confuses me, because now he is supposed to have all of the strength of all the previous Black Panther, which is vague when Hickman set it up that way. Because if he's not any stronger with all of their strength than he normally is (3 or 4 tons), then where does the strength come in at when he also has all of their knowledge and experience as well?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-01-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I don't mean hodge podge in a negative way, the guy just has a lot of tools in the toolbox, as he should with the position he holds. It's just as fans we obviously want everything conclusively explained in terms of their origins or exact capabilities, which is also a fair expectation for good storytelling.

Some writers will do a better job than others at going into detail (like Priest) while others will be a bit more vague and focused on a particular moment in time (Aaron). Both have their upsides and downsides, it kinda falls to us to make our own headcannon of how everything fits together. It all contributes to making T'Challa more well-rounded so it's not a big thing for me unless it's poorly/underutilized (Please, I just want someone to make KoTD work lol)

That's about where I'd peg T'Challa on a regular day with standard gear. He should be able to hold his own against Spider-Man, which is adequate place to be for a hero. He should be able to scale much higher depending on the threat and have a variety of skills, but standard T'Challa being Spider-Man level is solid. Like I said, his bread and butter should be top tier martial arts w/ claws and kinetic energy absorption along with energy daggers. Kimoyo beads, KoTD, Shadow Physics should all be circumstantial or supplementary.
    I don't agree. Tchalla walking down the streetshould be as dangerous as Doom walking down the street day to day. His mind makes that so. Physical attributes...sure spiderman but faster..but combined with his skill and intellect he should slay multiple spiderman. Jason Aaron understands this. Johnathan Hickmon does as well. Priests panther should be the standard carried through each writer as far as capabilities and threat level. Combine that with the fact that he's physically powered up since then as well as advanced his tech.
    I have no interest in Daredevil threat level Tchalla
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-01-2020 at 08:07 PM.

The King of the Dead strength level thing confuses me, because now he is supposed to have all of the strength of all the previous Black Panther, which is vague when Hickman set it up that way. Because if he's not any stronger with all of their strength than he normally is (3 or 4 tons), then where does the strength come in at when he also has all of their knowledge and experience as well?
    Its possible that he meant strength as in abilities. And its possible that they work interchanibly as we've just seen Bashenga pop up and use one of his abilities. Thanks to mavel Green lighting any horrid direction Coats wanted to go we never got a writer in the lore "know" to expand on the direction they may have wanted to go with the whole King of the Dead angle.

Remember the "All new All Different" promos after secret war? The Tchalla that editors and Hickman wanted to see using the entire KOTD thing they made a HUGE deal about but didn't expand upon and reset of the universe never happened for Tchalla because Coat took over and ignored all that with free reign and full disregard to Marvel linearity.
    Instead we got a "Spidermen" (coats words) level hero fully dependant on everything and everyone under the sun including dictators.

I mean all of us can clearly see that everyone else in Marvel who have been writing comics for more than 2 years are writing a completely different Black Panther than Coats. None of us can imagine their Tchalla getting goon slam garied can we? Because he's not spiderman level anymore.
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-01-2020 at 08:05 PM.

The intervention...

The Black Panther flipped elegantly off the long tree branch and landed vertically with near perfect precision.

Just as he gathered himself to stroll towards the vibranium mounds Wakanda Design Group labs he was suddenly interrupted by a mocking clap.

Achebe: "He stuck the landing... BRAVO!"

The Reverend Achebe with arms extended outward continued to clap as Killmonger, Dr. Solomon Prey, Nightshade, Princess Zanda, Moses Magnum and a few other C-list members of yesteryears rogues gallery made a circle around him.

The Black Panther steadied himself ready for an imminent attack when...

Achebe: "Oh relax my king we mean you know harm... I mean afterall you are the one with all the powers what could we possibly hope to do you."

Black Panther: "So this is an intervention?"

Killmonger: "YEP!"

Princess Zanda: "If you have all the powers what are we supposed to do?"

Magnum: "Can someone else get some food in their mouth?"

Solomon Prey: "I would love to FRAK up those labs with some diabolical ish but if you or your sister are always up in there tinkering what's a mad scientist like me to do."

Nightshade: "No offense but Black Panther writers always want to add to your collection of unique traits but like DAYUM!"

Nonexistent Potential Nameless Rogue: "I aspire to great things but all the good jobs are gone to you."

That Coulda Woulds Shoulda Rogue: "Sometimes I read Batman and get all jealous at how his rogues gallery be eating over there and I so hungry over here."

The Opposite Of A-list Rogue: "I just recently applied for unemployment... IN WAKANDA!"

Black Panther: "I see what you all are saying... Hmmmm, okay I'll cut back on some of my duties to open doors for you guys to wreak havoc."

Achebe: "What about them others... Nakia who used to be Malice and M'baku who used to be Man-ape?"

Black Panther: "I'll also inform them of lesser roles so we can rebuild this fledgling rogues gallery and set if off proper... Fair enough."

Killmonger: "BURN IT ALL!"

1-800-ROGUES-GALLERY

Operators are standing by for your donations to the Rogues Gallery Upliftment Plan!

Help Wakanda help Wakanda by contributing to this long overdue cause...
    Get Hectic!

Honestly I don't think he literally has the strength or the knowledge and experience of the previous BP's. Not literally at least. I think KotD just means he can talk to them (though talking obviously can grant him knowledge if they have any info to him which is actually useful).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't think he literally has the strength or the knowledge and experience of the previous BP's. Not literally at least. I think KotD just means he can talk to them (though talking obviously can grant him knowledge if they have any info to him which is actually useful).
    Well we just saw one materialize and grab Thor's hammer. So whether black panther asked him to do that or not doesn't kind of matter because he did it. We need to figure out why that happened and the easiest explanation is that black panther wanted it to
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-01-2020 at 09:12 PM.