Page 522 of 750 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Working for Drac? I have to go back and re-read some issues. I thought that she was a Mephisto employee.
    DIrectly or indirectly I think at this point we probably have to assume they are all Mephisto employees.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like Aaron... but to be honest he pulls so much out of thin air, it's hard not to nitpick his stuff.

LIke when Thor hammer doens't hit T'Challa because his ancestor a million years ago wielded the hammer, even Thor it hit Thor like a dozen times and he's been wielding it for centuries. Fun scene, but it's hard not to roll your eyes over that a little.
    With what has happened to BP in the comics over the last few years, he needs a few like this in the win column. Aaron has been cold-cocking Thor for a while now. I think he's just getting in one last jab. It could have been Cap standing there instead of BP and Mjolnir still would have it Thor.

In Empyre we get a pretty good showing with an added mid-level feat now we get this in Avengers. Maybe he can start stacking wins/feats.

DIrectly or indirectly I think at this point we probably have to assume they are all Mephisto employees.
    I kinda wish that they all weren't under the influence of Mephisto. Squadron Supreme of America yes, but all of these super-teams being influenced by him might be overkill. Some of them should just not like the Avengers without needing a push by Meph.

I kinda wish that they all weren't under the influence of Mephisto. Squadron Supreme of America yes, but all of these super-teams being influenced by him might be overkill. Some of them should just not like the Avengers without needing a push by Meph.
    I think the idea is sort of that a lot of the countries around the world (and their affiliated super teams) are less trustful of the Avengers now that Black Panther is leader. It's sort of like Wakanda amassing weapons of mass destruction or whatever (in the eyes of some at least). Mephisto is certainly pushing that along... but I think the idea is that they would be distrustful even if he weren't involved. Russins in particular have had sort of a college football rivalry with the Avengers anyways.

I think the idea is sort of that a lot of the countries around the world (and their affiliated super teams) are less trustful of the Avengers now that Black Panther is leader. It's sort of like Wakanda amassing weapons of mass destruction or whatever (in the eyes of some at least). Mephisto is certainly pushing that along... but I think the idea is that they would be distrustful even if he weren't involved. Russins in particular have had sort of a college football rivalry with the Avengers anyways.
    That's the point. They don't need Mephisto egging them along. If he weren't involved, they'd still feel the same way.

Mighty Member

Icing on the seven steps ahead tiered cake would be for T'Challa to have seen through Mephisto's grand convoluted plan and have the knife to slice, plates, napkins, and forks ready to serve it up to him. And then just smash his face into it.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Icing on the seven steps ahead tiered cake would be for T'Challa to have seen through Mephisto's grand convoluted plan and have the knife to slice, plates, napkins, and forks ready to serve it up to him. And then just smash his face into it.
    He's aware that something is up. He had that confrontation with Coulson in his office and is hinting at someone else is pulling his strings.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    FM MK is easily on Panthers power level (usually, MK has a weird powerset since he is insane) plus Panther didn't want to kill him plus Panther beat the breaks off him despite being in captivity for awhile while fighting/getting beat in chains

I mean, come on guys lol.

If T'challa did it naked, y'all would complain he "didn't use his full arsenal, writers should respect the tech!"

FM MK was on the ground in a puddle of his own blood while T'challa told him he didn't have time to kill him bc he had better **** to do. The End lol
    Exactly, in the end it doesn't matter. I liked how it went down. He used the force push once, the dagger's once, and the web once. Then beat the isht out of him when mk didn't back down. He didn't use tech when he got "serious" so I don't see what the issue is

My problem with Aaron's run is simple. Every win comes out of nowhere. There's no setup, no gun on the mantelpiece.

How did T'Challa defeat a direct blow from Mjolnir? Did he dodge it with agility? Absorb the impact with his tech? Catch it because he's worthy? Have a strategy in place that enabled him to bypass the enchantments?

Nope. It went around him because his great-great-great...great-grandfather wielded it, something the hammer has never done before.

It's not a feat. It's not even a deus ex machina. It's an a$$pull.

BANNED

With what has happened to BP in the comics over the last few years, he needs a few like this in the win column. Aaron has been cold-cocking Thor for a while now. I think he's just getting in one last jab. It could have been Cap standing there instead of BP and Mjolnir still would have it Thor.

In Empyre we get a pretty good showing with an added mid-level feat now we get this in Avengers. Maybe he can start stacking wins/feats.
    Lol yeah man. Let the man prosper for once! And it's funny how some are quick to point out the BP mantle is passable from one character to the other, given that it's more of a job tittle than a hero moniker when arguing for said characters succeeding T'Challa. Yet find it inconceivable that T'Challa can wield Thor's hammer (although he really didn't here), even though it is established canon that Mjolnir is a weapon that will obey practically anyone provided it deemed them "worthy". And who's to say it wasn't Odin himself who cast a spell on it that will see it never harm a Black Panther all those years ago since he did find the OG BP respectable/ valuable (his fellow teammate at the time).
    Sure this was an ass pull, but an easy one to pull if you look at it a bit more objectively. It has grounds going back way before the 1 million Avengers BC retcon came by. Just say the dude is worthy and call it a day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    My problem with Aaron's run is simple. Every win comes out of nowhere. There's no setup, no gun on the mantelpiece.

How did T'Challa defeat a direct blow from Mjolnir? Did he dodge it with agility? Absorb the impact with his tech? Catch it because he's worthy? Have a strategy in place that enabled him to bypass the enchantments?

Nope. It went around him because his great-great-great...great-grandfather wielded it, something the hammer has never done before.

True true... But still, I'll take it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, in the end it doesn't matter. I liked how it went down. He used the force push once, the dagger's once, and the web once. Then beat the isht out of him when mk didn't back down. He didn't use tech when he got "serious" so I don't see what the issue is
    It's more of a personal preference than a REAL issue.

I think the Deadpool/Black Panther fight back in the day highlighted the issue that the suit can at times overshadow the man. Wade was more afraid of fighting the suit than T'Challa, and once they were on a level playing field, he did just fine. I think the way to counter that is to have him NOT rely on the suit when it's not necessary... ie against non meta human opponents. Because BP should have a bit of an advantage over MK in terms of skill and physical stats anyways, just have them fight with BP winning. Since the suit was damaged prior to the MK fight anyways, it would have been a perfect excuse to give him a win without the use of gear.

Again, not an issue or a problem... just a personal preference. What we saw was believable enough, so I can't really knock it in anyway. It was fine. Just a nitpick in an otherwise fun fight.

How many of those does BP have? Other characters get them so why not him.

The whole Avengers 1 mil BL is an ass pull.

Mutant resurrections on Krakoa is an ass pull.

Thor one-shotting Galactus to kill him is an ass pull.

I don't care if they bend the rules for T'Challa since they are doing it for everyone else. Especially if it puts a mark in the good column for T'Challa. In his own book he can barely stand against ordinary threats by himself.

Yeah I hear ya, but after the last several year's I think fans are happy T'Challa didn't get punked on some ole BS. Remember before this fight we were all just annoyed at how they showed T'Challa beaten and in chains? A Black man.. in chains and beaten.. not a good look. So to see him trash talking khonshu and beating the Isht out of mk it was. Satisfying. Yeah there could of been a better explanation or tech he could of used (like how RJ had T'Challa take Thor out of the battlefield in PQ) but at this point we all needed a decisive victory, better the what empyre provided (what we got was a okay feat for a lackluster event that did Wakanda no favors and very little for T'Challa) so I will take what I can get

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    I have a great idea...

Since Princess Zanda is a princess from the continent of Africa why not just make up a bunch of other new princesses from the continent of Africa and put them in random hero/villain rotation as well!

Instead of borrowing Storm and other franchises characters just pick up a book of female African names and do it the old fashion way and create brand new love interests with eyes for Black Panther or the vibranium or both!

If writers are living vicariously through Black Panther then why are they not "living vicariously" through Black Panther!

You do realize that most of the women developed around the main character in Wakanda are off limits to him like Shuri, Okoye, Ayo and the rest of the retconned Dora Milage!

Meanwhile Batman can choose between Catwoman, Talia, Harley Quinn, Batgirl/Oracle (Writer's choice) and if he is really feeling under the weather Poison Ivy!

I don't understand how Africa's most elible bachelor does not have offers from all over the diaspora...

Because Marvel is incompetent or more insidiously doesn't want their premier black hero to have a well developed roster of romantic options. All this feminine energy in the mythos (and I don't mean that in a negative way) but rarely is it used in such a way to create romantic/sexual tension for the main protagonist.

Shuri, Okoye, Ramonda, Bast, QDJ, and the Dora are great, but at some point it'd be nice to have at least 2 non-Storm female characters in T'Challa's life that can be long-term love interests. Marvel has a perfect template in Princess Zanda courtesy of the cartoon but they're dragging their feet with Storm and too busy killing nu-Nakia. MJ's gone through constant revamps to make her worth a damn for Spider-Man but you're telling me Monica Lynne has no potential?