Page 529 of 750 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hickman just needed to put King in his title for his book because Shuri was in the way.

cool title, meant nothing at all. Even the zombie thing was pointless because it actually didn't accomplish anything when fighting Doom.

Instead of having his dead ancestors scold him, Hickman should have just had T'challa keep Shuri and Ramonda in the fold and have them scold him. Give them some actual character moments for once.
    The ancestors needed to be the ones scolding him because they were in a position to. He wasn't going to drag his mom and sister into an incursion to blow up a planet with him. Though I suppose Shuri could have scolded him at a later date. But by the we saw them again, they were good.

Ultimately though it was an Avengers book, not A BP book. We frankly got more from him than we probably should have expected.

Mighty Member

I still find it hard to believe that with 10,000 years worth of BP's not one of them ever seem to side with T'Challa. No suspension of disbelief for me there. Too many centuries of philosophical and societal evolution for not even one voice of dissent.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa does enjoy throwing people with one hand

Yea. Looks like he got two of them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I don't want no white woman playing on Tchalla's heartstrings.....no way .....no how....even remotely.

There has to be a bastion of sweet chocolate black love in mainstream comics and it's B.P..... *that should never change*.

Those of you with a hard fetish for black men/white women romance have an overwhelming abundance of characters and such relationships to get your fix....leave BP out it.

I can accept BS was a seductress villainess for Tchalla whose lures ALWAYS FAIL on Tchalla who ALWAYS gives a dead pan response (plenty of chances here for comedic effect) .

Additionally...I prefer that BP does not play fast and loose with multitudes of random love interests which would make him a cheap copycat of Namor , Wolverine and Ironman.

A small circle of rotating love interests should be between Monica Lynn, Malaika .....give or take only one other and that's it.

Tchalla is loyal to a fault and steadfast with his heart who doesn't just fall for every pretty face who winks in his general direction. Tchalla is NOT a playboy nor a player nor toyboy.

Lastly, I would give Lynne and Malaika powers.... different powers of course. One can be a inhuman who became an inhuman during that whole inhuman event and the other can be an eternal or part eternal part mutant or some super rare powered hybrid from two (or three) superpowers races or species.

We need to have more sistaz who are poweful in Marvel. Storm gets to hog all that spotlight waaaaaay to much and yet rarely does much in the X-Men other than another lightning bolt, hail and gust of wind and spreading it for whichever random xman to smash with no relationship no withstanding romance.....just like that as if she were harlot picked off the roadside.... then rinse n repeat.
    I agree I do t want swan as done catwoman or something. There's no reason T'Challa would want to start anything with her especially given how they met. She could try seduction I guess but she already knows he is a warrior who wont fall for that isht so there's no point, bit she could attempt it anyways but like you said he wouldn't fall for it. As for LI
    There could be:
    Monica Lynn apparently she is dead but buried with the HSH and so that could bring her back to life and give her some powers that is t tied to another franchise.

Malika

Nu-Nakia
    And Zanda (Redjacks version) who is super powered. Really Zanda has alot going for her thst can lead to some interesting stories. She should be vain but T'Challa sees she isn't as bad as she always tries to come off due to how she treats her people (she has to have so e redeeming qualities) and sees that when she wants to abd embraces that side, she is very pleasant and has alot in common with T'Challa

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that with 10,000 years worth of BP's not one of them ever seem to side with T'Challa. No suspension of disbelief for me there. Too many centuries of philosophical and societal evolution for not even one voice of dissent.
    Hypothetically speaking there have probably been thousands of BPs throughout history. It's had 5x the longevity of China, the oldest continuous culture in the real world, which produced some 500 emperors over the course of roughly 2,000 years. Granted some of them came in quick succession during times of crisis or civil war, but Wakanda would still have had many more rulers. During New Avengers we saw what, less than a dozen?

Assuming the ones we saw were chosen at random I could believe them somewhat having similar views. Even if they were the greatest BPs of all time with their own radical differences I think I'd buy them being in agreement on the issue of the incursions. Though I'd like to think that you'd have a few BPs that we've never seen who are a bit more open-minded/adventurous, like Yemandi from the cartoon.

I always liked the supremacists ....it basically showcases how BP could take down a JL type team.

The team name is fine.....just need to define.

Would possible gender bend two characters to add we villainesses to the team.

I agree that some costume redesign is necessary.....except perhaps for the guy in the bottom right.

And I would add Deathtiger to this team.

Lastly, I would make this team an assembly whereby the characters originate from different parts of the Marvel Universe....not just from one country.

A X-Men type mutant

An inhuman

A super skrull

A deviant

From the future or past

From alternate dimension

From alien society

Etc...etc.
    voontrekker (already has a female costume lol) and hungyr can be gender bent. Death tiger would be more ironic since the group is racist and him being a Black man would be... Interesting? But they could be from all over the world I don't think it's necessary to tie then to all those different places personally.

But I would make them very similar to the JL or a JL FF hybrid, I know awhile back we talked about how they could be a group formed by klaw but keeping them separate work's

Astonishing Member

The only way I see Black Swan working as a villainous if was exactly as Besouro described. She's into T'Challa and trying to taunt him, but he stoically rejects her EVERY time. Anything other than that is kinda ridiculous, I don't want to see T'Challa with a non-black woman, he should have love interests from Wakanda or the diaspora.

BM/WW relationships are rather common already in comics already and having your most prominent black male hero ending up with a non-black woman is unnecessary and simply sends the wrong message. Especially if he's from a black kingdom, surrounded by highly competent black women, and is literally praying to a black goddess.

Revamp Monica as a globe-trotting humanitarian whose career is on the upswing. She specializes in post-conflict nations, often working with organizations like the UN or even SHIELD (if said conflict included superhumans of some kind). Since her rebirth after her death from cancer she's gained new vibranium mutate sonic abilities that activate when she re-enters T'Challa's life.

Put her on a training arc where she has to learn to balance her pacifist beliefs with the need to level up physically. Depict her liberating herself from Western racism/sexism in Wakanda and proving herself a worthy queen for the people of Wakanda. I'd have her go the Pepper route and let her take on a superhero name even if she's not a full-time hero. Something like Echo.

I don't know how I feel about Malaika. Nakia in the MCU already took her spot as the spy ex-girlfriend but Malaika's not tainted by the whole teenaged, boy-crazy psycho schtick of the comics. I'd probably reintroduce Nakia but wholly rewrite her fall to villainy and retcon her age ON PANEL. Blame everything on Achebe's magic and bring her in as a rogue mercenary with a heart of gold that eventually joins the Hatut Zeraze, building an organic relationship between her and T'Challa. Give it a year and I think it stops being weird. She uses Wakandan tech and those rings from the MCU.

The third and final love interest is Princess Zanda, his Talia. Start her off as an exiled Narobian princess running the shady cabal of treasure-hunters and archaeologists called The Collectors. At first she's working under Klaw, but betrays him with T'Challa's help and uses his assets to reclaim her throne from her brother, the reigning Sultan. From there she's still the toxic, villainous type but like Doom she cares about her people and uses the Collectors to help fuel her country's economy and her own personal interests. One of the world's greatest smugglers, a high-profile socialite, and a Nuhuman with shapeshifting and psychic powers.

Sentient beings have thoughts..... Thoughts are monologues. It makes the character seem more alive.

I don't understand your complaint.....I don't see u complain when other superheroes have monologues in their comics.

Monologues are a staple of character exploration.
    I don't like Don McGregor's Black Panther. That's my complaint.

I hope that explains everything.

Does T'Challa even need a Catwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The only way I see Black Swan working as a villainous if was exactly as Besouro described. She's into T'Challa and trying to taunt him, but he stoically rejects her EVERY time. Anything other than that is kinda ridiculous, I don't want to see T'Challa with a non-black woman, he should have love interests from Wakanda or the diaspora.

BM/WW relationships are rather common already in comics already and having your most prominent black male hero ending up with a non-black woman is unnecessary and simply sends the wrong message. Especially if he's from a black kingdom, surrounded by highly competent black women, and is literally praying to a black goddess.

Revamp Monica as a globe-trotting humanitarian whose career is on the upswing. She specializes in post-conflict nations, often working with organizations like the UN or even SHIELD (if said conflict included superhumans of some kind). Since her rebirth after her death from cancer she's gained new vibranium mutate sonic abilities that activate when she re-enters T'Challa's life.

Put her on a training arc where she has to learn to balance her pacifist beliefs with the need to level up physically. Depict her liberating herself from Western racism/sexism in Wakanda and proving herself a worthy queen for the people of Wakanda. I'd have her go the Pepper route and let her take on a superhero name even if she's not a full-time hero. Something like Echo.

I don't know how I feel about Malaika. Nakia in the MCU already took her spot as the spy ex-girlfriend but Malaika's not tainted by the whole teenaged, boy-crazy psycho schtick of the comics. I'd probably reintroduce Nakia but wholly rewrite her fall to villainy and retcon her age ON PANEL. Blame everything on Achebe's magic and bring her in as a rogue mercenary with a heart of gold that eventually joins the Hatut Zeraze, building an organic relationship between her and T'Challa. Give it a year and I think it stops being weird. She uses Wakandan tech and those rings from the MCU.

The third and final love interest is Princess Zanda, his Talia. Start her off as an exiled Narobian princess running the shady cabal of treasure-hunters and archaeologists called The Collectors. At first she's working under Klaw, but betrays him with T'Challa's help and uses his assets to reclaim her throne from her brother, the reigning Sultan. From there she's still the toxic, villainous type but like Doom she cares about her people and uses the Collectors to help fuel her country's economy and her own personal interests. One of the world's greatest smugglers, a high-profile socialite, and a Nuhuman with shapeshifting and psychic powers.
    I would take out the psychic power I think that's unnecessary, and I would give her a redeeming quality that makes T'Challa attracted to her otherwise he doesn't need that kind of noise

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

these guys too, with updated looks of course and more defined powers and agency. Maybe adjust the name a little, or not. And death tiger too
    New name you say? The Proud Boys.

They need some females to break up this sausage fest.

Has this been posted yet, it’s interesting

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-noir-...ra-milaje/amp/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would take out the psychic power I think that's unnecessary, and I would give her a redeeming quality that makes T'Challa attracted to her otherwise he doesn't need that kind of noise
    I get what you're saying, psychic powers could be seen as a bit much. Martial arts and shapeshifting is still plenty powerful, though a bit derivative of Mystique. As far as redeeming qualities I like the idea that Zanda is interested in the same stuff T'Challa is; history, exploration, etc.

And personality wise we've already seen she's got an ego, tying that back into her love for her people I think humanizes her. I'd like if she wasn't too likable, but decent enough for T'Challa to team-up and get romantic with under the right circumstances.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does T'Challa even need a Catwoman?
    Not really.

Because that would be a LOT of work to even get her to sniff Catwoman's level and that was a battle for even Catwoman herself.

Now I would like to see who would be next in line to take over if Shuri doesn't want the title. Is there a plan for that? We know he got cousins running around. What if we saw the one in Ms Marvel be groomed (not take over any time soon) or a teen Wakandan to fit in with the Champions since everyone else seems to have a pet teen on that team. Except Panther & Thor.