Page 53 of 750 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Black Panther Beyond...

It could be his son... A clone... Or an adopted Wakandan warrior ready to put in that work as T'challa plays the background!
    That would be cool. I still wanna see what Black Panther and Wakanda would look like in an even more futuristic context than they inhabit already.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be cool. I still wanna see what Black Panther and Wakanda would look like in an even more futuristic context than they inhabit already.
    Black Panther 2040?

Last edited by DigiCom; 01-31-2020 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Adding video

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Black Panther 2040?

Could work. We got Iron Man 2020 and Spider-Man 2099 . . .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'm starting to have the feeling that Marvel, in general, doesn't really care about BP so much.

NO competition. Marvel has the black male hero on lock with Panther and Miles. No one else is a threat. And most folks only care about two companies.

The bolded is not possible. He's not powerful. In order to do that, he'd need a time machine to keep the Priest and Hudlin runs from existing.
    Yes it is. It is possible because Coates run will get the REPRINTS way more than the others.

There is a soft cover and hard cover of Coates's run. This is NOT counting the library editions or samplers or kid versions.
    This is not counting how many floppies are packing bins-be it long boxes, blind bags or 25 cent bins.

So for many this version is the definite Panther. Same with Storm. In her case it will be where is this version that got me interested in her in the X-books.

For Panther-folks looking for this version in Avengers or whoever are either going to DUMP those books or not take interest in them because it's not the version they are interested in.

I mean with the accolades the film got plus box office, you would expect Marvel to at least probably get new writers for the BP book or capitalise on the character on some other platform but that seems not to be the case.
    Cheryl Lynn Eaton gave a master class on this topic. She spoke how hard that is especially for POC.

https://twitter.com/cheryllynneaton/...12194505576448

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO competition. Marvel has the black male hero on lock with Panther and Miles. No one else is a threat. And most folks only care about two companies.

Yes it is. It is possible because Coates run will get the REPRINTS way more than the others.

There is a soft cover and hard cover of Coates's run. This is NOT counting the library editions or samplers or kid versions.
    This is not counting how many floppies are packing bins-be it long boxes, blind bags or 25 cent bins.

So for many this version is the definite Panther. Same with Storm. In her case it will be where is this version that got me interested in her in the X-books.

For Panther-folks looking for this version in Avengers or whoever are either going to DUMP those books or not take interest in them because it's not the version they are interested in.

Cheryl Lynn Eaton gave a master class on this topic. She spoke how hard that is especially for POC.

Very enlightening. Thanks for sharing this with us.

If someone picks up the books and likes it, do you think they'd stop there or try to find more runs? Im speaking from experience because I started with Hudlin and started backwards collecting once I got enough money to do so. And if they put it up and don't like it they'll probably go with the movie version. The kids will go with the movie version. So I feel confident.

I disagree. "Most people" don't give a flying feline about comic-books.

Gathering dust?

So for many this version is the definite Panther.
    So why are sales dropping like Icarus getting a suntan?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Is it me or is the Black Panther movie the only thing that this intellectual property has seen a true return of investment on...

It's not just you my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates has injected slavery into an African country that had repelled it back, Wakanda, because of his warped view of the world & black people. It is sad that he has destroyed the love of the character of T'Challa for many people.

Funny how all of his negativity & cynicism has eluded Steve Rogers.

DigiCom, I agree that it's interesting he is using the passive term, "enslavement"
    There's plenty of negativity and cynicims about the US government in the Captain America book... just not in Steve Rogers himself. We're seeing plenty to dislike about the US government in Coates Captain America book. It's not all rainbows and unicorns. And for marvel as a whole it never was. Comics have never been afraid to paint the US badly in their stories. Plenty to be natative and cynical about, even in the Captain America book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'm starting to have the feeling that Marvel, in general, doesn't really care about BP so much.

I mean with the accolades the film got plus box office, you would expect Marvel to at least probably get new writers for the BP book or capitalise on the character on some other platform but that seems not to be the case.

Carol is at least doing kind of well despite the backlash Brie got and the fact that the box office did not even make up to Bp's BO.

All in all

BP is in a bunch of books. He's got a solo book, a team book with Agents of Wakanda, and he's leader of the Avengers.

He also had his own cartoon awhile back.

That's showing reasonable investment in the character. Arguably more than any marvel character aside from Spider-Man.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates has injected slavery into an African country that had repelled it back, Wakanda, because of his warped view of the world & black people. It is sad that he has destroyed the love of the character of T'Challa for many people.

Funny how all of his negativity & cynicism has eluded Steve Rogers.

DigiCom, I agree that it's interesting he is using the passive term, "enslavement"
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's plenty of negativity and cynicims about the US government in the Captain America book... just not in Steve Rogers himself. We're seeing plenty to dislike about the US government in Coates Captain America book. It's not all rainbows and unicorns. And for marvel as a whole it never was. Comics have never been afraid to paint the US badly in their stories. Plenty to be natative and cynical about, even in the Captain America book.
    In case you did read from my post I said, Funny how all of his negativity & cynicism has eluded Steve Rogers. He has Steve confidently giving a speech to calm a crowd in the lastest issue of Cap America, but had that been Panther it would have been Changimere or some other supporting character.

Look.....there is no point to get into a debate about facts. Obviously, the two comic books written by the same writer show the way he feels about one verses the other. I think many know why Coates is writing Steve one way and T'Challa the other. I am not going to get into the details of that here.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    BP is in a bunch of books. He's got a solo book, a team book with Agents of Wakanda, and he's leader of the Avengers.

He also had his own cartoon awhile back.

That's showing reasonable investment in the character. Arguably more than any marvel character aside from Spider-Man.
    The cartoon, which is really good, does not mean fans of the comic should not expresses their dissatisfaction with the writer on the main comic book, i.e. Coates. Or how T'Challa is being handled by editorial.

Also, I believe his billion dollar-Best Picture Nomination (1st Superhero Movie to do so)-solo movie has earned him his own cartoon, bunch of books, and to be leading the Avengers. Spider-man, with 6 movies under his belt has not accomplished all of those feats. Far from Home was the 1st spiderman movie to reach a billion ( being the 6th spiderman movie, which followed Endgame).

The main title has sat at less than 19k in sales for 4 months now. NO other BP series has been that low for that long. Especially with all the notoriety Panther has received in the media. It is cause for concern of our beloved character and fans should (and have the right) to speak out.

are there any plans for past black panthers of the centuries to have one-shots or mini series based on them? Such as the WWII black panther, or those of the medieval era? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are there any plans for past black panthers of the centuries to have one-shots or mini series based on them? Such as the WWII black panther, or those of the medieval era? Just wondering.
    Flags of our Fathers was the WW2 BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    No plans that have been announced but some past BPs have had their stories told.

Flags of Our Fathers was about Azzuri teaming up with Cap.

Issue #1 of Rise of the Black Panther fleshed T'Chaka and gave him some cool things to do.

IIRC there were at least 3 episodes from Black Panther's quest that were about three previous BPs. Yemandi, T'Chanda, and Bashenga.

An anthology series about the various BPs before T'Challa would be cool if Marvel got the right writer.