Page 545 of 750 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555595645 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Like I said, I enjoyed their time together. I think the power couple vibe was fun. And it gave a love interest which allowed us to get a more humanized BP than we have had since McGreggor paired him with Monica. Its occasionally nice to see him not as a super hero or a king but as a human being. And I don't think any character has managed to do that better then Storm, and I say that including Monica.

With her, he made for a more well rounded character. As fun as it is to get Superman, it's nice to see a bit more Clark Kent too. And Storm was the vehicle used to see that side of him.
    How? What are some examples? Because in terms of humanizing T'Challa, Monica has done that the best

I don't think that's a story we'll ever get, because I'm not sure they have anything worth stealing in a world saving capacity. But if they did, she won look d so it.

Heroes do what they gotta do. If the rules were reversed and Tchalla needed to steal something from Krakoa I'm sure he'd do it. Its sometimes a part of the job.
    Except that would never happen because 1. BP writers aren't that petty to have T'Challa go and act like Storm acts when she shows up on Wakanda.
    2 x office would scream and cry and not let that be greenlit.

3 BPs mythos is Rich enough that it doesn't need to leech off x office like Storm does to the BP mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    People! This should be a time of celebration! Once again, the X-offices made their intentions clear and wanted Storm to break it off from BP. That's a win!

Let her keep the sword which will never be used in a BP story anyway. Go ahead and release the last of the Coates issues on digital and have the new writer ready to go in Jan-Feb.

Redjack on deck!
    i'm here for a T'Challa-specific love interest who is absolutely not Ororo Monroe.

I'm here for T'Challa being T'Challa, i.e. the most dangerous human being on Earth since Ulysses.
    I'm here for Shuri being something amazing you haven't seen before
    I'm here for Agents of Wakanda led by Okoye and only including Wakandans
    I'm here for Zanda at all times

As i said, I have a strong feeling, if Marvel wanted me to take over the title, they'd have called.

My phone ain't ringing on that.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup. Monica Lynne, Nakia/NuNakia, and Malaika will never be as popular or offer as much as Storm did. With them T'Challa won't be part of a "power couple". But they are under the full editorial control of the BP/Avengers office and don't offend anyone in being used as a pure supporting character. Storm invites some of her rabid fans, white liberal racist X-fans, white conservative racist X-fans, and black twitter weirdos that don't read comics.

New love interests wouldn't incite hatred towards BP because they're side characters to fuel his development and offer good visuals. Nothing more nothing less, no demands for "equal billing" or claims of "stealing her away" from other franchises. Keep it in-house and everything is fine.
    Don’t about the All ya skin folks ain’t kind folks base ( aka Anti-black, anti- Black Love, heavy anti strong Black male, Black fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How? What are some examples? Because in terms of humanizing T'Challa, Monica has done that the best
    Here's one random example.

2532277-screen_shot_2012_08_14_at_3.31.41_pm.jpg

There's a fun banter there, and a bit of humor he doesn't really have with anyone else in the comics. T'Challa is normally on the stiff and formal side, but here I think we see a side to him that we really don't see from anyone else in the comics.

And I personally liked that, in moderation of course. It's perhaps the thing I'll miss most if they are breaking up.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-08-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Except that would never happen because 1. BP writers aren't that petty to have T'Challa go and act like Storm acts when she shows up on Wakanda.
    2 x office would scream and cry and not let that be greenlit.

3 BPs mythos is Rich enough that it doesn't need to leech off x office like Storm does to the BP mythos
    The ironly of that last statement being that the BP mythos literally does leech off of the X office for T'Challas primary love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Well, couldn't we ask the very same thing about Monica Lynne, Nakia/NuNakia or Malaika? These names keep popping up because some people want these characters brought back, but did they bring anything important to Black Panther's mythos when they were being used in his book? Did their inclusion in the Black Panther book make Wakanda better? I think if we ask that question about Storm, we should also realistically ask that about T'Challa's other love interests.

Also, I think even if Storm HAD contributed to the Black Panther mythos (which some would argue she has), or HAD made Wakanda better in some way, some people would have a problem with that and say she did more for Wakanda than Black Panther did, and they would use her important contributions against her and say she was overshadowing T'Challa in his own book (which is a complaint I have seen before in this thread over the years).

I remember Monica Lynne turned down T'Challa's marriage proposal in Priest's book, but some BP fans STILL want her back. If Storm had turned down Black Panther's marriage proposal, (some BP fans would have celebrated, I bet, but some OTHER BP fans might have blamed Storm for that and looked down on her as a character because she threw T'Challa's proposal back in his face).

Nakia tried to straight up murder Monica Lynne and did murder other people in Priest's book but some BP fans want a redeemed Nakia back or some new version of Nakia. But I've seen Storm get hate for doing far less than turning down marriage proposals and murdering people.

Now at the end of the day, I'm a Black Panther fan first and a Storm fan second, because I wasn't a Storm fan until they got married, but personally I think Storm has been given a bad rep over the years for the stuff she's been written to do, when other characters in the BP mythos have done far worse than her and don't seem to catch that same level of backlash (I don't necessarily mean from just YOU, Ezyo, I mean in general from some BP fans).
    There's a difference between those characters. One they haven't been used in a long time so the contributions can't amount because they have been in limbo. 2 they are from his franchise, which means the writer of the solo has full creative control to do whatever they please and can advance the relationship to a place T'Challa could never go with Storm same alt stories. 3 Monica humanized T'Challa way more than Storm in McGregors run, yes in Priests she was pushed away by T'Challa but that was also Priest establishing T'Challas arc. Maliaka only showed up in the 4 part mini from gilis but she has the most potential due to her lack of use.

Nakia, I think most people would be cool if Nu-Nakia became a LI and the replacement to the Priest version since she doesn't have all the baggage priest version has. But Yes she did contribute to his story arc because of what happened to her die to the Dora system Which is what allowed QDJ to be free of it.

Yeah for Storm some might complain but not really if her contributions were equivalent to her current contributions she gains from BPs mythos. If T'Challa was going abd getting all these story arc developments and upgrades from the x office (like the big bad in an x book is givibg them the business they they all praise and cheer and bow to T'Challa as he comes in and one shots the baddie like in Coates S2) no one would say she is overshadowing him. BP likely would have sympathy and agree that he shouldn't of just stopped the vig bad like that when it's not his book to take the lions share of the win.

Finally whereas yes it's not storm the characters fault, it's her shitty franchise she comes froms fault that they make her act petty. The hate really comes from the fact that the x office takes pot shots to this day though the marriage has ended over a decade ago. Yet Storm keeps showing up and talking that Isht. But yeah Nakia did do worse and look what happened to her during priests run and Wakanda forever. She didn't walk away unscathed

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

hey family just wanted to say officially everything you guys said regarding the storm tchalla relationship was right. tchalla needs to stay far far away from storm. there's no hope for her but T'Challa can be free from all the drama associated with that part of marvel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Here's one random example.

2532277-screen_shot_2012_08_14_at_3.31.41_pm.jpg

There's a fun banter there, and a bit of humor he doesn't really have with anyone else in the comics. T'Challa is normally on the stiff and formal side, but here I think we see a side to him that we really don't see from anyone else in the comics.

And I personally liked that, in moderation of course. It's perhaps the thing I'll miss most if they are breaking up.
    While they were married he joked aroubf a little. Cool. How does that further him now what has he gained from it? What stories were told through Storm that made you go "To look how badass T'Challa is!"

While they were married he joked aroubf a little. Cool. How does that further him now what has he gained from it? What stories were told through Storm that made you go "To look how badass T'Challa is!"
    Not shockingly, a love interest didn't do that much in regards to making him look bad @$$. Love interest usually aren't that useful in that capacity.

Again, I think the value is allowing readers to see a more humanized side to the character. Something really no other character has been able to bring out in him. We've seen him joke with her ... we've seen him cry with her. Its helped convey a more well rounded character. And I at least enjoyed it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Don’t about the All ya skin folks ain’t kind folks base ( aka Anti-black, anti- Black Love, heavy anti strong Black male, Black fans)
    Those are the black twitter weirdos lol. That's where I see them at least because I have yet to meet more than 1 black comic fan in real life who believes those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i'm here for a T'Challa-specific love interest who is absolutely not Ororo Monroe.

I'm here for T'Challa being T'Challa, i.e. the most dangerous human being on Earth since Ulysses.
    I'm here for Shuri being something amazing you haven't seen before
    I'm here for Agents of Wakanda led by Okoye and only including Wakandans
    I'm here for Zanda at all times

As i said, I have a strong feeling, if Marvel wanted me to take over the title, they'd have called.

My phone ain't ringing on that.
    Doesn't seem like anyones phones ringing considering we don't even have a clue when Coatesverse is going to end
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not shockingly, a love interest didn't do that much in regards to making him look bad @$$. Love interest usually aren't that useful in that capacity.

Again, I think the value is allowing readers to see a more humanized side to the character. Something really no other character has been able to bring out in him. We've seen him joke with her ... we've seen him cry with her. Its helped convey a more well rounded character. And I at least enjoyed it.
    I enjoyed it as well. Under Hudlin and McDuffie...the marriage had some good moments, for both characters as a couple and as individuals.
    But...
    Time moves on, editors and writers come and go and...here we are. I'm happily looking forward to a Storm-less T'Challa in BP and a T'Challa-less Storm in XM (no change there really).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The ironly of that last statement being that the BP mythos literally does leech off of the X office for T'Challas primary love interest.
    No. Since the break up, T'Challa hasn't had a solo and the when he did the writer wasted 4 year's (and teased a new LI potential in house just to waste it too) building a relationship that should of been left alone and it was ruined in a 2nd tier x book I. One issue. He isn't leeching off her because she hasn't given him anything except for showing us one of his worst character traits

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Doesn't seem like anyones phones ringing considering we don't even have a clue when Coatesverse is going to end
    I'm baffled they don't seem to have a timeline on when this thing gets released after all this time. My prediction (really my hope) is that Marvel's finally reigning Coates in. They saw sales hemorrhage this last "season" and are forcing him to make massive changes to the story to change how it ends and where it leaves T'Challa.

No destroying the Djalia, get rid of the IGEW, write out Storm, leave the man content with his life so the next relaunch has basically a blank slate to work with. We'll see but I think Coates is either too busy to finish or he's dragging he's feet during this rewrite process or some combination of both.