Page 550 of 750 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 11243

Gyeah.

Those look like those Anubis guards from that Scorpion King movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Monica rambeau is arguably more powerful than Storm, she simply lacks the popularity Storm had (which even then was back in the 90s. It could easily be replicated given her power set and not cause any issues since she doesn't have a book. And LOL at the passing her around looking weird.. hasn't stopped the x office from passing Storm around like the team bicycle. But I'm sure you don't think it's a big deal
    If you don't care about Blue Marvel then yeah ... having him lose his love interest to Tchalla is no big deal. I wouldn't exactly lose sleep over it ... but I wouldn't call it an ideal solution either. I think there are enough options out there to the point where he doesn't need to snag another characters love interest.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-09-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Im thinking Thor or moonknight. Thor has been trapped since the first issue so he'll have to get a swing in. And Knight got that Phoenix powerup. Hell probably collide with Khonshu and create the heroes with their Phoenix powers.
    Its a team book, so I'm sure multiple Avengers will get a moment here. I DO think Thor is owed a receipt... but its Aaron so you never know.

Ideally everyone that lost their powers, Strange and Iron Fist included, should be able to get a shot in too.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Did T'challa just kick a god in the face lol??

Empyre + This stuff is the most warrior T'challa has been in ages.
    "Not all powers are weapons!"

J Aaron with the low-key troll! Who needs a sword, lol!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Storm has has solos, minis and one shots too.

UNLIKE Storm-those ladies I listed had LONGER and/or multiple runs.

UNLIKE Storm-their books SOLD.

1 solo, 1 mini and 1 one shot for Storm.

Call me when Storm gets to 157 like Lois Lane.
    Call me when we see Storm in various spinoffs like Betty & Veronica. Where is this Storm & Shuri meet Red Sonia & Vampirella at?

The POINT I was making was those ladies added to their man's universe while building up their OWN. To the point you don't need their MAN in their books top be successful.
    None of those ladies throw shade on their man in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    UNLIKE Storm-those ladies I listed had LONGER and/or multiple runs.

UNLIKE Storm-their books SOLD.

1 solo, 1 mini and 1 one shot for Storm.

Call me when Storm gets to 157 like Lois Lane.
    Call me when we see Storm in various spinoffs like Betty & Veronica. Where is this Storm & Shuri meet Red Sonia & Vampirella at?

The POINT I was making was those ladies added to their man's universe while building up their OWN. To the point you don't need their MAN in their books top be successful.
    None of those ladies throw shade on their man in other books.
    Eh ... I don't think you can entirely say Lois didn't need Superman or Betty/Veronica didn't need Archie. They were and still are attached to the hip with a Male character.

And we'll agree to disagree over Veronica throwing Shade at Archie.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Did T'challa just kick a god in the face lol??

Empyre + This stuff is the most warrior T'challa has been in ages.
    Yes and also throws the line "I am still just a man, a man of Wakanda and today that is enough" that's some savage isht, this is like SWaD JA like when he had T'Challa tell super skrull he trained his who life to face the unknown. This is exactly what we needed to see T'Challa doing. Kicking a god in the face

If you don't care about Blue Marvel then yeah ... having him lose his love interest to Tchalla is no big deal. I wouldn't exactly lose sleep over it ... but I wouldn't call it an ideal solution either. I think there are enough options out there to the point where he doesn't need to snag another characters love interest.
    I wasn't saying that should happen now. I talking about Hudlins run if he paired Monica rambeau with T'Challa that they would of been a power couple and that Monica is arguably more powerful than Storm. Thst ship has already sailed and T'Challa needs an In house LI. Like Nu-Nakia, maliaka or RJs Zanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wasn't saying that should happen now. I talking about Hudlins run if he paired Monica rambeau with T'Challa that they would of been a power couple and that Monica is arguably more powerful than Storm. Thst ship has already sailed and T'Challa needs an In house LI. Like Nu-Nakia, maliaka or RJs Zanda
    It's better if she is someone that already exists as a supporting character in BP mythos or a newly created character. Even if they paired Monica and BP, all it takes is someone wanting to use Monica for something and before long she's in a relationship with somebody else.

Just keep it in the mythos.

Note: Working on two Panther sketches, I'll post some preliminary work tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

You're right on saying being a power couple isn't important. It was kinda cool in that it was basically the only one in comics apart from the brief period Superman dated Wonder Woman ... but given it would be impossible to replicate with any other woman anyways, I suppose that aspect needs to be put aside.

If you're literally just looking to check off the "love interest" box then it really doesn't matter I suppose. The next writer can just invent some woman he happens to like, and that can be that.

As for Monica Rambeau (we probably need to use last names to avoid confusion here), she would have worked with BP well enough. But I think she probably needs to stick with Adam. She already went from Voodoo to Blue Marvel (with Rhodney thirsting for her back in the day). Passing her around the black super hero community probably would start looking kinda weird after a point.

I guess that's showing us we need more black female super heroes in circulation. Monica can only date so many guys at once.
    Yea don’t get me wrong a power couple would be nice (and it was for a time), but we’ve gotten several years worth of stories with that. And I think when taking into account other factors like branding and fan reception the BP-Storm romance can be put on the back burner for a bit.

Like I said, “power” and however we choose to define it is only one part of creating a loving romance for a character. As long as writers don’t get complacent there’s plenty of room for complex, balanced BP love interests that don’t fit the mold of Storm which can be an exciting thing if executed well. Gotta spice it up now and then lol.

And I agree Monica Rambeau would’ve worked at one point in time, but the issue is that she’s with Blue Marvel now. It’d be in poor taste to break her up after what 3-4(?) years of dating just so she can be with T’Challa. This absolutely does highlight the lack of black women in the upper echelons of Marvel’s superhero teams though. Pretty much all the major black female characters at Marvel are teens or in deep limbo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's better if she is someone that already exists as a supporting character in BP mythos or a newly created character. Even if they paired Monica and BP, all it takes is someone wanting to use Monica for something and before long she's in a relationship with somebody else.

Note: Working on two Panther sketches, I'll post some preliminary work tomorrow.
    Yup keeping it all in the mythos avoids fan complaints and editorial clashes. Back in the early 00’s Monica would’ve been an easy character to integrate into the mythos bc she was so underutilized to begin with. The only people that would’ve bitched about it would’ve been Nextwave and some Avengers fans.

Since then her stock’s been rising as Marvel pushes female characters to the forefront, especially women of color. She’s about to gain a huge influx of casual, comic book, and comic book writer fans with her MCU appearances and sometimes it’s better not to step on any toes.

T’Challa’s got a solid bench of love interests that just need development. Monica Lynne, Malaika, and Zanda all offer different things emotionally, aesthetically, and narratively, Marvel just needs to give the next BP scribe enough space to give them time to shine without Storm and the X-Men complicating things. It won’t stop them from attacking the mythos when they try to make Storm relevant but keeping in-house love interests and rogues should be a top priority in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yup keeping it all in the mythos avoids fan complaints and editorial clashes. Back in the early 00’s Monica would’ve been an easy character to integrate into the mythos bc she was so underutilized to begin with. The only people that would’ve bitched about it would’ve been Nextwave and some Avengers fans.

Since then her stock’s been rising as Marvel pushes female characters to the forefront, especially women of color. She’s about to gain a huge influx of casual, comic book, and comic book writer fans with her MCU appearances and sometimes it’s better not to step on any toes.

T’Challa’s got a solid bench of love interests that just need development. Monica Lynne, Malaika, and Zanda all offer different things emotionally, aesthetically, and narratively, Marvel just needs to give the next BP scribe enough space to give them time to shine without Storm and the X-Men complicating things. It won’t stop them from attacking the mythos when they try to make Storm relevant but keeping in-house love interests and rogues should be a top priority in the future.
    Heck, even Sofia(although I get that some people want a Wakandan or at least an African/African American LI) is a viable option. Just keep it in house.

I also want a re-vamped Madam Slay(Is it any worse than Madame Hydra?) and turn the 6 Million year old Man into the 6 Million year old Woman - still gorgeous of course.

Yeah I agree, I'm just saying that Monica probably would of gotten more mileage and very little push back at all. I mean she is with Adam and they are currently just chillen in Limbo together. Though I guess the added popularity from T'Challa could of encouraged writers to use her i doubt they would of thrown a tantrum like the x office

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tchalla putting that work in next week.

Magnificent!

Astonishing Member

Heck, even Sofia(although I get that some people want a Wakandan or at least an African/African American LI) is a viable option. Just keep it in house.

I also want a re-vamped Madam Slay(Is it any worse than Madame Hydra?) and turn the 6 Million year old Man into the 6 Million year old Woman - still gorgeous of course.
    Yea Sofia is viable but I really think T'Challa should only be with black women from Africa and the diaspora, but that's just me.

Madam Slay imo should end up back with Killmonger so he can build a family for himself with the Death Regiments in Niganda. In some cases building a supporting cast for a villain can be just as important as building one for the main hero and Zanda has massive potential as a solo threat and with N'Jadaka. But I like the idea that while she's with Killmonger she's not afraid to let T'Challa know she's attracted to him as well lol.