Page 577 of 750 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've already synergized Shuri in the comics. I mean, it's been pretty jarring to me though I don't know how others feel about it, but I also felt like they went too far with that Batgirl revamp so maybe I'm just not into that kind of stuff .
    Marvel is still inconsistent but I agree things are getting better slightly. After 3 years they finally seem to be trying to standardize Shuri's personality across different appearances. Time will tell if they get to translate that into a Ms. Marvel-like solo book and a strong role in a team book like Young Avengers. What they did to Batgirl is a damn shame, which is why I compare Shuri's path to her. They went crazy with the YA direction but it kept her in print and built her a young, hungry fanbase so I'll take what I can get for both characters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, Coates version and Nnendis version were stupid as hell. Coates had her take T'Challas personality and then nnendi had her become a whiney isht and blaming all her woes on being female.

Disney does have a rare opportunity to make her a disney princess unlike any other and people liked it. I don't know where she can go now to build her up, her teeming with Miles and kamala wouldn't be bad but then she runs into Riri Which causes redundancy. But she needs to be with a Young group to appeal to her target audience.. I'm just not sure where to fit her but it's definitely NOT taking the mantle again. Thst ship and time has passed and it's time for her to carve her own path because it was never ever going to be permanent
    Exactly, I can only blame Coates so much because he couldn't have known the radically different direction that the MCU would take the character in. Nnedi, who's actually a really great novelist, has no excuse and messed up Shuri's solo debut. And now nearly 3 years after the fact Coates has no excuse anymore for how poorly Shuri's been handled.

I feel like Shuri's too old to be hanging with Miles and them, ain't she like 24 or something lol. Marvel should lighten up her personality like they did Batgirl but they don't need to deage her. They gotta put her on Young Avengers, because I think they're all in their early-mid 20s. As far as a solo direction, I got no idea, as long as it's something with lots of tech and her not being Black Panther I'd be fine lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Marvel is still inconsistent but I agree things are getting better slightly. After 3 years they finally seem to be trying to standardize Shuri's personality across different appearances. Time will tell if they get to translate that into a Ms. Marvel-like solo book and a strong role in a team book like Young Avengers. What they did to Batgirl is a damn shame, which is why I compare Shuri's path to her. They went crazy with the YA direction but it kept her in print and built her a young, hungry fanbase so I'll take what I can get for both characters lol.

Exactly, I can only blame Coates so much because he couldn't have known the radically different direction that the MCU would take the character in. Nnedi, who's actually a really great novelist, has no excuse and messed up Shuri's solo debut. And now nearly 3 years after the fact Coates has no excuse anymore for how poorly Shuri's been handled.

I feel like Shuri's too old to be hanging with Miles and them, ain't she like 24 or something lol. Marvel should lighten up her personality like they did Batgirl but they don't need to deage her. They gotta put her on Young Avengers, because I think they're all in their early-mid 20s. As far as a solo direction, I got no idea, as long as it's something with lots of tech and her not being Black Panther I'd be fine lol.

Shuri I wouldn’t put her in with the young avengers for various reasons but more or less it’s a very bad (I’ll go in detail in DM but not here). Shuri & mcu Valkyrie both imo should be part of a serious push/relaunch of New Warriors. You take those 2, Watersnake/Namotia, NT & few others make roster about upcoming airs to throne of various kingdoms having to team of up /work together various reasons to build a better future or MU because the nations decided to sign treaties/work together..

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i got a hot fix for all that too.
    My man, the whole mythos needs a hot fix

I think we already got the Ms. Marvel-esque book with her last series, short-lived as it was, so I guess we just need to see her in a team book. Maybe she'll pop up with the Champions during Outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Shuri I wouldn’t put her in with the young avengers for various reasons but more or less it’s a very bad (I’ll go in detail in DM but not here). Shuri & mcu Valkyrie both imo should be part of a serious push/relaunch of New Warriors. You take those 2, Watersnake/Namotia, NT & few others make roster about upcoming airs to throne of various kingdoms having to team of up /work together various reasons to build a better future or MU because the nations decided to sign treaties/work together..
    Whatever works lol. Whatever gets her out and gives her a place to chart her own path. She needs a place where she can git a specific role, and new warriors could work.

I kinda like the idea of the team being made of royals as that's a different angle and can potentially be the attempt to rebuild some bridges (which will have major implications) since T'Challa and Namor ain't gonna be good for a long time if ever.

They could have her die in Otherworld and use the resurrection protocols to being back a younger MCU version. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They could have her die in Otherworld and use the resurrection protocols to being back a younger MCU version. Lol
    If they made Shuri a mutant I would quit comics. Well....Marvel Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they made Shuri a mutant I would quit comics. Well....Marvel Comics.
    I don't think it has too be mutants, could be wrong. Storm could ask Xavier to add her and Tchalla. They go to oversee the tournament, she dies in an accident, MCU Shuri hits the field. Lol

I don't think it has too be mutants, could be wrong. Storm could ask Xavier to add her and Tchalla. They go to oversee the tournament, she dies in an accident, MCU Shuri hits the field. Lol
    I think the Krakoa model only works for mutants. Xavier would have to have templates of BP and Shuri for that to happen. And I don't want Wakanda owing Krakoa anything but a beatdown when the time comes.

Now Tony did something similar for him and Rhodey after they died but he said it was only a one time deal, that if he tried again it wouldn't be successful. But in Wakandan mythos, there is the Resurrection Alter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I'd be interested to hear why you're not a fan of Shuri on the Young Avengers so looking forward to your DM lol. A Shuri-led New Warriors team comprised of princes and princesses from across the MU is an interesting team idea. Hell, maybe just a princess book, that feels like that'd have massive appeal as an answer to Birds of Prey.

One idea I had for a solo book was like a "Princess Shuri & the PRIDE" title. PRIDE standing for "Princess Research Initiative Division Executives". Basically a Wakandan equivalent to Future Foundation with Shuri using the Wakandan Design Group to outfit and lead a team comprised of QDJ, Vibraxas, Muti, and 1 foreigner. They'd deal with technological threats like AIM, rogue Nuhumans, etc. It could be set entirely within Wakanda or in a US city where they're her support team for a massive Wakandan Outreach Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think the Krakoa model only works for mutants. Xavier would have to have templates of BP and Shuri for that to happen. And I don't want Wakanda owing Krakoa anything but a beatdown when the time comes.

Now Tony did something similar for him and Rhodey after they died but he said it was only a one time deal, that if he tried again it wouldn't be successful. But in Wakandan mythos, there is the Resurrection Alter.
    Storm already owes them. It's a get outta death free card.

Storm already owes them. It's a get outta death free card.
    She can catch them hands too. She can use it on herself.

I'd be interested to hear why you're not a fan of Shuri on the Young Avengers so looking forward to your DM lol. A Shuri-led New Warriors team comprised of princes and princesses from across the MU is an interesting team idea. Hell, maybe just a princess book, that feels like that'd have massive appeal as an answer to Birds of Prey.

One idea I had for a solo book was like a "Princess Shuri & the PRIDE" title. PRIDE standing for "Princess Research Initiative Division Executives". Basically a Wakandan equivalent to Future Foundation with Shuri using the Wakandan Design Group to outfit and lead a team comprised of QDJ, Vibraxas, Muti, and 1 foreigner. They'd deal with technological threats like AIM, rogue Nuhumans, etc. It could be set entirely within Wakanda or in a US city where they're her support team for a massive Wakandan Outreach Center.
    They can have their home base in Wakanda but the whole deal of it needs to be interacting with the greater MU and to separate herself from being roped into trying to take the mantle from T'Challa from writers with little imagination, so they can be based on Wakanda but there missions should have them globe trotting, and she should maybe have a couple other interactions with heros

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They can have their home base in Wakanda but the whole deal of it needs to be interacting with the greater MU and to separate herself from being roped into trying to take the mantle from T'Challa from writers with little imagination, so they can be based on Wakanda but there missions should have them globe trotting, and she should maybe have a couple other interactions with heros
    I see what you mean, whether or not Shuri ends up on a youth team like New Warriors or Young Avengers, her next solo is gonna have to support crossovers with the wider MU. My thing with basing her in Wakanda to do globetrotting adventures is that it feels a bit derivative of what T'Challa does.

He's already the royal that splits his time between Wakanda and the rest of the world, what I think a YA Shuri book needs is for her to have a set location that lends itself well to slice of life stories and a story set up distinct from her brother. Her focusing on super-science doesn't feel like enough of a difference between them.

Which is why I think she should either spend most of her time in a distinct region of Wakanda like Birnin Azzaria the Learned City, or overseas in a place like Oakland. Either way that's less adventuring across the globe and more street-level stuff juxtaposed with sci-fi adventures across dimensions/multiverses like the Future Foundation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Anyway, I dunno if there's any Star Trek nerds here but I was watching the first episode of Star Trek Discovery's third season yesterday and they introduce a new character named Book, played by David Ajala. I don't think I've seen the guy in anything before (don't watch a ton of tv or movies) but I was watching him and I thought "Y'know, he might make a good T'Challa."
    David Ajala as Blue Marvel.
    That's the way to go if Adam Brashear is coming to the mcu and john boyega or idris elba can't play him.
    John boyega may not come back to Disney because of the star wars thing.
    David Ajala played Manchester Black in supergirl season 4 by the way.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-20-2020 at 04:26 AM.