Page 578 of 750 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I see what you mean, whether or not Shuri ends up on a youth team like New Warriors or Young Avengers, her next solo is gonna have to support crossovers with the wider MU. My thing with basing her in Wakanda to do globetrotting adventures is that it feels a bit derivative of what T'Challa does.

He's already the royal that splits his time between Wakanda and the rest of the world, what I think a YA Shuri book needs is for her to have a set location that lends itself well to slice of life stories and a story set up distinct from her brother. Her focusing on super-science doesn't feel like enough of a difference between them.

Which is why I think she should either spend most of her time in a distinct region of Wakanda like Birnin Azzaria the Learned City, or overseas in a place like Oakland. Either way that's less adventuring across the globe and more street-level stuff juxtaposed with sci-fi adventures across dimensions/multiverses like the Future Foundation.
    Well yeah when I saw Wakanda that can be anywhere in Wakanda, but essentially she is no longer concerned with being the BP anymore, no not like how Nnendi did it where she comes off like a whiney child, but more lie she knows her role and that ain't it. Oakland works as it's not ny lol. I think Shuri should be deaged a little, not a teen but maybe 20-21

Marvel is still inconsistent but I agree things are getting better slightly. After 3 years they finally seem to be trying to standardize Shuri's personality across different appearances. Time will tell if they get to translate that into a Ms. Marvel-like solo book and a strong role in a team book like Young Avengers. What they did to Batgirl is a damn shame, which is why I compare Shuri's path to her. They went crazy with the YA direction but it kept her in print and built her a young, hungry fanbase so I'll take what I can get for both characters lol.

Exactly, I can only blame Coates so much because he couldn't have known the radically different direction that the MCU would take the character in. Nnedi, who's actually a really great novelist, has no excuse and messed up Shuri's solo debut. And now nearly 3 years after the fact Coates has no excuse anymore for how poorly Shuri's been handled.

I feel like Shuri's too old to be hanging with Miles and them, ain't she like 24 or something lol. Marvel should lighten up her personality like they did Batgirl but they don't need to deage her. They gotta put her on Young Avengers, because I think they're all in their early-mid 20s. As far as a solo direction, I got no idea, as long as it's something with lots of tech and her not being Black Panther I'd be fine lol.
    I almost wonder if the comics won't hold off on doing anything major with Shuri until they find out what direction Coogler will take her in comics.

Not that I agree the movies should necessarily dictate what happens in the comics, but if that's what happened last time. If it's going to happen again, might as well wait and see what Coogler has in mind so we don't have to go through another potential 360 with the character.

Or the comics can just do their own thing... but for whatever reason they're not doing that with Shuri.

I'd be interested to hear why you're not a fan of Shuri on the Young Avengers so looking forward to your DM lol. A Shuri-led New Warriors team comprised of princes and princesses from across the MU is an interesting team idea. Hell, maybe just a princess book, that feels like that'd have massive appeal as an answer to Birds of Prey.

One idea I had for a solo book was like a "Princess Shuri & the PRIDE" title. PRIDE standing for "Princess Research Initiative Division Executives". Basically a Wakandan equivalent to Future Foundation with Shuri using the Wakandan Design Group to outfit and lead a team comprised of QDJ, Vibraxas, Muti, and 1 foreigner. They'd deal with technological threats like AIM, rogue Nuhumans, etc. It could be set entirely within Wakanda or in a US city where they're her support team for a massive Wakandan Outreach Center.
    Nice ideas, pretty similar to my Agents of Wakanda idea

I'd be interested to hear why you're not a fan of Shuri on the Young Avengers so looking forward to your DM lol. A Shuri-led New Warriors team comprised of princes and princesses from across the MU is an interesting team idea. Hell, maybe just a princess book, that feels like that'd have massive appeal as an answer to Birds of Prey.

One idea I had for a solo book was like a "Princess Shuri & the PRIDE" title. PRIDE standing for "Princess Research Initiative Division Executives". Basically a Wakandan equivalent to Future Foundation with Shuri using the Wakandan Design Group to outfit and lead a team comprised of QDJ, Vibraxas, Muti, and 1 foreigner. They'd deal with technological threats like AIM, rogue Nuhumans, etc. It could be set entirely within Wakanda or in a US city where they're her support team for a massive Wakandan Outreach Center.
    I think best case scenario for Shuri being on a team book is if they make another Avengers book. Cause let's face it... anything else would likely be just cancelled in 6-12 issues.

This is the first time in quite some time where he didn't have multiple Avenger books... so it wouldn't be at all weird if they did another. Maybe Secret Avengers or another version of the Ultimates (which IMO is basically an Avengers book). She's an easy fit as she can provide resources and tech.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The info was good. I think TChalla and most Panthers could lift a little more than a ton. TChalla on panel has the strength of 20 men.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    The info was good. I think TChalla and most Panthers could lift a little more than a ton. TChalla on panel has the strength of 20 men.
    heaviest thing he's picked up on panel is a big block of ice or a big piece of stone

I guestimated/calculated that to be 8-10k lbs... I don't remember how i came up with that number ot be honest wiht you but I remember doing math and researching concrete weight haha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    heaviest thing he's picked up on panel is a big block of ice or a big piece of stone
    I guestimated/calculated that to be 8-10k lbs... I don't remember how i came up with that number ot be honest wiht you but I remember doing math and researching concrete weight haha
    Yeah that’s usually the scan I use in debate. He lifted it mostly from the ground too. Almost blacked out from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    David Ajala as Blue Marvel.
    That's the way to go if Adam Brashear is coming to the mcu and john boyega or idris elba can't play him.
    John boyega may not come back to Disney because of the star wars thing.
    David Ajala played Manchester Black in supergirl season 4 by the way.
    Ah, don't watch Supergirl but maybe I'll find a clip. Thanks for dropping the knowledge!

Elba is one of those actors I'd plug into any role, he can do no wrong in my eyes, but for Blue Marvel I always had Denzel in mind. And I feel like Boyega is too young for Adam, unless it's a origin movie set way back in the day, but I feel like he would've been a good Bishop.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Elba is one of those actors I'd plug into any role, he can do no wrong in my eyes, but for Blue Marvel I always had Denzel in mind. And I feel like Boyega is too young for Adam, unless it's a origin movie set way back in the day, but I feel like he would've been a good Bishop.
    I think elba is a good actor. He doesn’t seem to be getting the good roles though. You could plug him in several roles in Black Panther imo. He is a dj too, but I’m not sure if that’s what’s getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He's been carrying Storm for years,

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I was so tempted but you had the courage!

Digi:
    The rest of us on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah that’s usually the scan I use in debate. He lifted it mostly from the ground too. Almost blacked out from it though.
    in my youth I once spent way too much time trying to figure out howmuch this ice block would weigh before giving up lol

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Good one *Golf claps*