Page 579 of 750 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 11243
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    He's been carrying Storm for years,
    Niiiiice cold!
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    in my youth I once spent way too much time trying to figure out howmuch this ice block would weigh before giving up lol

]
    Yea me too. Ill still look up how much glaciers weigh at this age, only I won’t spend nearly as much time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yea me too. Ill still look up how much glaciers weigh at this age, only I won’t spend nearly as much time on it.
    The thing is, I doubt the writers even do the math. If it's smaller than a car, they probably assume a Captain America or a Black Panther level character can lift it.

Sasquatch once moved a battle ship, which should weight thousands of tons, but he's not even considered class 100. But it looked cool, so they threw it in there. Especially for older books where writers and readers for that matter can't Google how much something weights, that sort of thing didn't matter. It only matters now in the internet age where readers need feats so they can defend their favorite character being able to beat someone elses favorite character on some battle board.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, I doubt the writers even do the math. If it's smaller than a car, they probably assume a Captain America or a Black Panther level character can lift it.

Sasquatch once moved a battle ship, which should weight thousands of tons, but he's not even considered class 100. But it looked cool, so they threw it in there. Especially for older books where writers and readers for that matter can't Google how much something weights, that sort of thing didn't matter. It only matters now in the internet age where readers need feats so they can defend their favorite character being able to beat someone elses favorite character on some battle board.
    All true. The thing is, Panther should be able to mostly lift a car, only feats don’t necessarily support that. The most he did was deflect a car thrown by Hulk.

That was some great writing by Priest btw.

Astonishing Member

Still no solicits for Black Panther...

I really hope we can get a relaunch next year.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Still no solicits for Black Panther...

I really hope we can get a relaunch next year.
    Do you have a certain site you go to so you can find solicits and upcoming appearances?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Niiiiice cold!
    "Shiver me timbers.... AArrrrr!"

It's about representation. Our heroes have NOT been coached well. We know this (Coates turned-out to be a disappointing coach for our team). Some of us protest against the mishandling & misrepresentation of black fictional characters. Yeh, point the finger @ Ororo... BP fans. That's a form of irony. The statement is true. But WHY is it truth?

Logan, BP & Storm? (Drawn in 2011) Ya'll know where this is going...?

Future Avengers story???

BANNED

Storm in the bacK... throwing-up the "W" (drawn in 2013). Reminds me of the BP scene when Shuri gave BP "the bird" (middle finger). Hmmmm?

plus Mothership aka "Q" carries a coffee cup? Scene from Endgame-- "Maybe a Starbucks...?" Hmmmm?

MS "Q" represents the young/ hip Wu-vibe vs. the old traditional Wu. You can tell by how she is dressed ("W" hat to the side). Was that (Tradition vs. neo) in the BP Block Buster film too? It was? How original?
    A young sassy royal? Sassy on an extra-level then what RH did with Shuri? Someone get me my check!

Back to Storm. Yes, Storm is plus-size. You're welcome.

Storm is mocking MS for her free-spirited independence. Notice Storm is hugged-up with another guy? i purposely cut out the sequential.

BP & Storm don't have to be together or carry one another. They just have to be given to the proper creators. They deserve better than pick-pockets.

The fans should have some say in that. At least, I'm gonna have some say. Give (past) BP & Storm Creators "THE BIRD"
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 10-22-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    My man, the whole mythos needs a hot fix
    Correction..... Just TNCs BP mythos not the whole BP mythos which would include runs of Priest and Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Correction..... Just TNCs BP mythos not the whole BP mythos which would include runs of Priest and Hudlin.
    the whole franchise needs a hot fix from it's current form. Its too muddied with recent years. Reset back to its new foundation (Priest and Hudlin) keep stuff that worked, and dump the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Storm in the bacK... throwing-up the "W" (drawn in 2013). Reminds me of the BP scene when Shuri gave BP "the bird" (middle finger). Hmmmm?

plus Mothership aka "Q" carries a coffee cup? Scene from Endgame-- "Maybe a Starbucks...?" Hmmmm?

MS "Q" represents the young/ hip Wu-vibe vs. the old traditional Wu. You can tell by how she is dressed ("W" hat to the side). Was that (Tradition vs. neo) in the BP Block Buster film too? It was? How original?
    A young sassy royal? Sassy on an extra-level then what RH did with Shuri? Someone get me my check!

Back to Storm. Yes, Storm is plus-size. You're welcome.

Storm is mocking MS for her free-spirited independence. Notice Storm is hugged-up with another guy? i purposely cut out the sequential.

BP & Storm don't have to be together or carry one another. They just have to be given to the proper creators. They deserve better than pick-pockets.

The fans should have some say in that. At least, I'm gonna have some say. Give (past) BP & Storm Creators "THE BIRD"
    I'm glad you explained the Storm pic. I thought she was pregnant

Updated pic I was working on. This is from Adam kubert's cover of PP:SS #298. I thought about adding more color but I really like how this looks in black and white and will probably leave as is.

Black Panther Adam Kubert Cover In Black Ink.jpg

I'm working on another BP pick that I will try to do in full color.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    the whole franchise needs a hot fix from it's current form. Its too muddied with recent years. Reset back to its new foundation (Priest and Hudlin) keep stuff that worked, and dump the rest
    Whomever is the next writer just needs to ignore the last 4+ years and ignore whatever changes the X-verse is trying to make.