Page 585 of 750 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595635685 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I know most people here haven't really been reading the book anyway, but I can't imagine starting with a new author until they finish this run so it seems like it would be frustrating for anyone who wants to see new Black Panther issues.

But the February solicits just came out so they aren't doing Black History Month as a tie-in. Unless they're planning to wait until 2023 or whatever for the next Black Panther movie, I don't know what they could be waiting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    January just came out, actually.
    Yeah, no Feb solicits have been announced. I've been checking Previews to look for solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Seed banks. Oak trees. Although the Romans destroyed as many of the holy oak groves as they could to decimate the Celtics culture, they didn't get them all. And in the world today there are several seed banks around the world, vaulted, in case of one disaster or another. Is Marvel trying to tell us the Wakandans didn't wonder "what if". Or trying to tell us that there are no wild groves or wild versions of this most holy, sacred, important plant somewhere else in Wakanda?! I can see the logistics of not having some to hand for a frenetic and stressful plot for a movie. But I never bought the idea that recultivation or a sojourn to some hard to reach portion of Wakanda would not soon replace something so central to their culture.
    The realistically the HSH should be grown around and outside of the Golden city. It just makes sense that the one garden Erik burned down is not the sole location, but where it's grows out in the wild is hard to get to

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The realistically the HSH should be grown around and outside of the Golden city. It just makes sense that the one garden Erik burned down is not the sole location, but where it's grows out in the wild is hard to get to
    A while back, I came up with about a half-dozen ways to bring back the Herb without thinking that hard. Honestly, it's just not that big a deal.

or the herb could just be gone, so we don't make light of the events of the first movie for convenience's sake.

When bad leaders are elected their actions can have damaging impacts that can last for generations, as we have in the real world
    The J-man

"An avenger will die"

And the Phoenix is all about resurrections.

Ain't no one staying dead if they are important lol

A while back, I came up with about a half-dozen ways to bring back the Herb without thinking that hard. Honestly, it's just not that big a deal.
    I personally think having shuri just make a SSS is the laziest one out there though. In fact, I hate it lol. Way more than I really should since it isn't a big deal
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I personally think having shuri just make a SSS is the laziest one out there though. In fact, I hate it lol. Way more than I really should since it isn't a big deal
    I hate it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It was 4th on my list.

As for the HSH, I can think of several easy handwaves without breaking a sweat.

For example:

1. The herb still grows in the wild, but is cultivated there for ease of access.
    2. There were still ungerminated seeds under the soil that were unaffected by the flames.
    3. Ramonda/Shuri saved the seeds off before preparing the elixir for T'Challa.
    4. Shuri has some cuttings in her lab, for botanical research.
    5. The gardeners defied Killmonger and hid away some cuttings/seeds before burning the garden.
    6. There was a corner of the cave sheltered from view where a few blooms survived.

And if I wanted to be poetic…

7. T'Challa finds a single blossom of the HSH on Zuri's grave.

And those were just the first ideas I had. I guarantee there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    or the herb could just be gone, so we don't make light of the events of the first movie for convenience's sake.

When bad leaders are elected their actions can have damaging impacts that can last for generations, as we have in the real world
    Except for you can make it have lasting effects without completely ending the BP in some sort of stupidity. Again the herb is still around, but it's up in some high mountainside that is treacherous to get to, you can't just fly up there, but it's still around. Plus I doubt the most advanced nation in the world would just stockpile their entire Plant that powers their leader/ Black Panther in one spot. No one is that dumb, especially not Wakanda

It was 4th on my list.

As for the HSH, I can think of several easy handwaves without breaking a sweat.

For example:

1. The herb still grows in the wild, but is cultivated there for ease of access.
    2. There were still ungerminated seeds under the soil that were unaffected by the flames.
    3. Ramonda/Shuri saved the seeds off before preparing the elixir for T'Challa.
    4. Shuri has some cuttings in her lab, for botanical research.
    5. The gardeners defied Killmonger and hid away some cuttings/seeds before burning the garden.
    6. There was a corner of the cave sheltered from view where a few blooms survived.

And if I wanted to be poetic…

7. T'Challa finds a single blossom of the HSH on Zuri's grave.

And those were just the first ideas I had. I guarantee there are others.
    Well also just in nature fires happen all that time And when trees are burned down, the seeds still survive and start to grow back. Any of those would work, but I would personally go with 1,2 or 7 (probably 7 for movie purposes)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's actually a good point, even if Killmonger became king through trial by combat instead of an election.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except for you can make it have lasting effects without completely ending the BP in some sort of stupidity. Again the herb is still around, but it's up in some high mountainside that is treacherous to get to, you can't just fly up there, but it's still around. Plus I doubt the most advanced nation in the world would just stockpile their entire Plant that powers their leader/ Black Panther in one spot. No one is that dumb, especially not Wakanda
    Do the best of both worlds: They know of another location of where the plant can grow again, but the process is too slow (say the original HSH took years of evolutionary processes to become what it is). Shuri is given a sample so her and her team can see if they can speed up the process, but it isn't easy. So Killmonger's actions do have lasting consequences but the Wakandans aren't completely hopeless.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 10-24-2020 at 03:40 PM.

I just think this is a great picture of the Dora, not so much TChalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I just think this is a great picture of the Dora, not so much TChalla.

The Doras look badass. I think the problem with BP in this pic is that he appearss like he's 100 yrs old. He doesn't look buff and the suit looks like it sags on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Do the best of both worlds: They know of another location of where the plant can grow again, but the process is too slow (say the original HSH took years of evolutionary processes to become what it is). Shuri is given a sample so her and her team can see if they can speed up the process, but it isn't easy. So Killmonger's actions do have lasting consequences but the Wakandans aren't completely hopeless.
    I'll only accept it without bitching if T'challa takes it to see if the ancestral plane thing work, and it sends him to Mephisto's realm and opens up a connection

GIVE ME MEPHISTO lolol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I guess, though Shuri isn't a botanist, there was one thing that I didn't like and thst was Shuri was a super genius, that's fine but that's where she falls, she isn't a medic, she isn't a botanist, so she should not be a catch all. I think it should have to be found, and it will take time to cultivate, or after the snap, it's been slowly growing back but won't get to bp 1 levels for a couple more years