Page 593 of 750 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603643693 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    A sneak peak at the serial box story in January.

https://www.serialbox.com/episodes/b...edia_type=text
    Might have to check this one out...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it's even a BP vs Xmen thing. I honestly think Hickmsn is slowly setting Krakoa up against pretty much everyone. He's just planting these seeds for the inevitable conflict..

That said, there did seem to be signs of marvel wanting to pit the Xmen and BP franchises against each other as early as the first Wild Kingdom arc when they started the whole Tchalla/Storm marriage thing. I always thought it was weird how artificially antagonistic things felt right out of the gate.
    I agree this isn't limited to just T'Challa, eventually other characters like Cap and Tony will have to deal directly with the X-Men and I doubt they'll come off much better. T'Challa running a kingdom gives him closer proximity to the Krakoa nation status quo which is probably why, like Franklin Richards, he'll be used more in this X-Men era than normal.

In Wild Kingdom both Hudlin and Milligan seemed to indulge in the stereotypical "fight/argue before working together" nonsense that's defined so many superhero team ups. Hudlin's run in part thrived off T'Challa going head to head with other established heroes and villains so I guess this is the natural evolution of that.

Hickman's actively seeding potential conflict between the X-Men and the rest of the MU and there's plenty of baggage and unspoken animosity to exploit with Black Panther. One would hope editorial doesn't feed into the tension while pitting fans against each other, but money doesn't lie and since everyone knows the X-Men would win it's hard to believe they won't eventually go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Might have to check this one out...

I agree this isn't limited to just T'Challa, eventually other characters like Cap and Tony will have to deal directly with the X-Men and I doubt they'll come off much better. T'Challa running a kingdom gives him closer proximity to the Krakoa nation status quo which is probably why, like Franklin Richards, he'll be used more in this X-Men era than normal.

In Wild Kingdom both Hudlin and Milligan seemed to indulge in the stereotypical "fight/argue before working together" nonsense that's defined so many superhero team ups. Hudlin's run in part thrived off T'Challa going head to head with other established heroes and villains so I guess this is the natural evolution of that.

Hickman's actively seeding potential conflict between the X-Men and the rest of the MU and there's plenty of baggage and unspoken animosity to exploit with Black Panther. One would hope editorial doesn't feed into the tension while pitting fans against each other, but money doesn't lie and since everyone knows the X-Men would win it's hard to believe they won't eventually go in that direction.
    They're going to have to chump everyone else for the X-Men to win. Between Reed, T'Challa, Adam and Tony we know that they could come up with a way not only to block the telepaths but to also neutralize abilities. If Magneto can make a helmet to block telepaths then we can image what those four could come up with. They can match firepower with the X-Men if needed. Thor, Adam, Monica, Carol, Sue, Johnny, Ghost Rider, Tony, Strange/ Simon etc.

The Avengers should be equal to the X-Men across the board if written objectively. But knowing Marvel, the X-Men will have their big guns and Marvel will have an Avengers team with Cap, Hawkeye, Tony, Black Widow, Ms Marvel, Blade and Jarvis the Butler. They will super hype the X-Men and underplay the Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Today marks the six year anniversary of the late great Chadwick Boseman’s unveiling as our king T’Challa, our Black Panther.

Rest well, king. You ruled your kingdom powerfully, now rest powerfully as well.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-28-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They're going to have to chump everyone else for the X-Men to win. Between Reed, T'Challa, Adam and Tony we know that they could come up with a way not only to block the telepaths but to also neutralize abilities. If Magneto can make a helmet to block telepaths then we can image what those four could come up with. They can match firepower with the X-Men if needed. Thor, Adam, Monica, Carol, Sue, Johnny, Ghost Rider, Tony, Strange/ Simon etc.

The Avengers should be equal to the X-Men across the board if written objectively. But knowing Marvel, the X-Men will have their big guns and Marvel will have an Avengers team with Cap, Hawkeye, Tony, Black Widow, Ms Marvel, Blade and Jarvis the Butler. They will super hype the X-Men and underplay the Avengers.
    T'Challa cured GALACTUS.

Wakanda can handle ANYTHING the mutants bring if written objectively. Don't get me started on that. No one is ready for what Wakanda can do to Krakoa based on what's already in the comics. What they gave the Skulls is a taste. The absolute best the mutants could hope for is a draw. At best.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    T'Challa cured GALACTUS.

Wakanda can handle ANYTHING the mutants bring if written objectively. Don't get me started on that. No one is ready for what Wakanda can do to Krakoa based on what's already in the comics. What they gave the Skulls is a taste. The absolute best the mutants could hope for is a draw. At best.
    On this Mr.RJ, I agree with wholeheartedly. [Firm handshake then Wakandan salute]

Mighty Member

Couple years ago I had an idea for Okoye to lead the Agents as the Hand of Bast.

Yooo.....that is damn good. I would definitely have supported this.

What villains did plan on using?

How would you get the X-Men to allow Gentle to work for BP? And would BP really trust him to begin with?

Would the plotting be episodic per issue or linear?

T'Challa cured GALACTUS.

Preaching to the choir. Everyday Marvel tells us how badass T'Challa and Wakandan are and 95% of the time they fail to deliver. BP and Wakanda should be the most feared force on the planet because if BP ever decided to pull a Doom or Namor, then all other powers and nations are toast.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I doubt he would address it. And if he did it would of been T'Challa simping on Storm HARD
    Very true, agreed and co-signed.

The sooner TNC leaves BP the better.

T'Challa cured GALACTUS.

Lol, ....My Guy!!! Thank you for levity and truth in your knowledgeable assessment.

Mighty Member

Even if the X-verse does their usual frakkery, what we need is a BP solo and writer to counter whatever they do and offer their own take.

It's been a one-sided hit job for too long.
    Agreed and co-signed with a quickness.

Very true Avengers line issue imo is that while they are better with solo books. While there long term plans for team books or even the book themselves usually lack any long term plans & come off as just randomly to put together or random in general.

Like what was Strikeforce, the plot/story left a lot to be desired & the art was meh.
    Why was the last vol of WCA not just called YA because that’s really what it was ( nothing wrong with that, but just random lol )
    Why have Tbolts, Cage & other viable Avenger properties be benched for the most ( I know thunderbolt is coming back soon but still)..

Savage avengers aka Conan Avengers is well done but is the type of book no offense that annoys a lot of avengers fans not want to buy in protest of so many other avengers related characters are stuck on the shelf..

In my opinion there’s no reason not to have atleast 5-7 Avengers related teen books going at one time

Avengers, Avengers World/Mighty Avengers/WCA, Savage avengers/uncanny avengers/Secret avengers, ultimates, New warriors Thunderbolts, new Avengers/Young avengers & Champions/ Avengers academy.
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 10-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I get the general sentiment of ignoring bad portrayals in the X-books but there are branding concerns if certain narratives are pushed when T'Challa/his mythos appears outside his solo. Look at Tony Stark, in his solos he's a pretty virtuous guy even if he has a big ego, but all too often when he makes guest appearances his arrogance and assholery are turned up x10 to make whoever he's put with look better. That hurts his marketability and turns off some people to reading his books.

T'Challa is a straight black male so mischaracterization and bad writing are more likely to stick and permanently burn bridges for him than someone like Tony or even Carol. So I think pushing any kind of narrative that casts his supporting cast/citizens as mutant haters or turns him into an enemy of a more popular franchise needs to be avoided. Trying to force a rivalry/relationship he has no chance at being dominant in increases fan animosity towards the franchise and increases the chances these narratives get adapted in more important mediums.
    Very VERY well said and definitively true.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the thing-books like X-Men reach FAR more folks than Black Panther.

Remember X-Men like Batman, Superman & Spider-Man get tons of books ordered. They also leave large piles of UNSOLD books. Books that sniff discount bins and way to many clearance sales. These books end up in more folks hands because of those lower prices.

Black Panther does not do that or does it as much. To the normal comic book fan who is not reading Black Panther but gets a hold of those X-books see that Panther chumping.

Tony Stark survives because his book is on that level as Batman and X-Men. He can chumped in Avengers and folks still get access to his book.

So the X-Office needs to be told to stop that nonsense. Stop it with Panther, Storm and black in general. Because it's making Marvel's job harder to sell a guy that one of your top franchises does not respect.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding.....bingo bullseye!!!

T'Challa cured GALACTUS.

In time runs out, Tony and Reed held off an invasion on NY against the Black order whole other avenger's sporadically flight them off. Wakanda straight up wrecked Black dwarf and his crew solo without any help, and the x men? Got wrecked back them until they left..

You don't go 10k years undefeated and tangle with the most dangerous army on the universe and not be dangerous AF. Of written objectively Wakanda stomps a new mudhole on x men

Exactly. Tchalla alone was able to create a temporary mutant gene suppressor device out of radio shack parts when he was in Hells Kitchen.