Page 597 of 750 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647697 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Isn't she the girl that had the huge panther lol? C'mon now, don't make me call Maury for this one, T'Challa's her father. But it's a good thing she died because in DOX she'd definitely be dragging the mythos through the mud. Her, Azari, all these alt reality kids need to stay dead or in their own timelines. T'Challa needs kids and legacies not attached to Storm.
    Call Maury, he going to get to the truth. Lol. Storm never took her to see Tchalla. "In the case of alt reality Kymera... you ar not the father"

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Call Maury, he going to get to the truth. Lol. Storm never took her to see Tchalla. "In the case of alt reality Kymera... you ar not the father"

Kymera is a distant memory that won't be mentioned again for a long time if ever.

The real story is that in some alternate reality, she's the daughter of Storm and Logan. They both get killed and Storm's dying wish was for T'Challa to raise and protect her.

Being the noble negro that he is, he took his ex-wife's child with another man and raised her as his own.

Mighty Member

Day 3.5: I took a step back for a bit. I'm happy with the color of the stone I chose. I thought it was going to he too dark. I am also curious at this point how I am going to make sure the silver teeth I have to add are going to be integrated.
    20201030_102051.jpg

Dammit! Sideways again! Only on CBR?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

The thought occurs that if T’Challa absolutely has to date someone from another IP, maybe next time they go for ones whose editorial doesn’t hate the rest of Marvel with a creepy passion?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Pulled this from the Storm thread. They trying to have history repeat itself line by line. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The thought occurs that if T’Challa absolutely has to date someone from another IP, maybe next time they go for ones whose editorial doesn’t hate the rest of Marvel with a creepy passion?
    If he does eventually date someone from another IP the question is who exactly? I used to want him with Monica but I think she's still with BM. I wouldn't object to Shang-Chi's sister that appeared in Hudlin's run. Way more creative freedom than his relationship with Storm.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 10-30-2020 at 09:11 AM.

I kind of agree with Reginal Hudlin's approach to T'challa which is that he's not an ordinary superhero. Batman doesn't need to get married. But the King of a Nation needs a Queen and a Heir. If I had to choose T'challa's next love interest, it would be a revamped version of Malaika she was a Wakandan Patriot and Ex-Girlfriend to T'challa.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Spectacular Member

Maaann, tbh I couldn't care less about who Tchalla get's with i just want Marvel to stop cocking around and give me some good stories or something. Like forget the X office they showed they're true colors already but what i need is for Tchalla to get back to grind mode, i feel neutral about coates but after his run it's time for some change .

Mighty Member

Only half joking, here. As far as dating goes for T'Challa right now I think a scorched earth approach is at least warranted. Not that the narrative of any run should focus on his love life, but, just to rinse any bad taste he might have left out of his mouth......I mean heart....er, I mean intellectual consideration of his kingly responsibilities. Yea, that's it.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

All that needs to happen is for the next BP writer to introduce a new love interest. The X-office treated the BP-Storm romance like Cantwell did Tony and Wasp’s romance, just kinda threw it away haphazardly. Which is a good thing (in both cases). That makes it a lot easier for the next run to hit the ground running with a new lover in the first arc. My top choice is a reworked Monica but I think T’Challa needs a Catwoman archetype as well and Malaika as the new Malice fits the bill imo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    All that needs to happen is for the next BP writer to introduce a new love interest. The X-office treated the BP-Storm romance like Cantwell did Tony and Wasp’s romance, just kinda threw it away haphazardly. Which is a good thing (in both cases). That makes it a lot easier for the next run to hit the ground running with a new lover in the first arc. My top choice is a reworked Monica but I think T’Challa needs a Catwoman archetype as well and Malaika as the new Malice fits the bill imo
    Eh, idk bro. No offense but unlike some of y'all i ain't that desperate to see Tchalla with another love interest, to me the main priority should be getting BP as whole back on the ball and puttin in work. Tchalla got all the time in the world to get with some XX chromosomes but honestly that ain't my main concern as a fan, the shawty's will come (ha inside joke) but right now to me that's not a huge priority. I'm just super sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    We’ve been saying for years that Coates was wasting his time putting them back together. Vindication, thy name is X-office.
    Honestly, Coates wasn't doing it for anything other than trying to get a Storm solo. He said in early interviews he didn't agree with the marriage and that he liked Storm being withe Logan. This was more a means to an ended that blew up in his face

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, Coates wasn't doing it for anything other than trying to get a Storm solo. He said in early interviews he didn't agree with the marriage and that he liked Storm being withe Logan. This was more a means to an ended that blew up in his face
    (Facepalm) I swear man it's always some ulterior motive with these new aged writers. Did all that bullshi for basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Eh, idk bro. No offense but unlike some of y'all i ain't that desperate to see Tchalla with another love interest, to me the main priority should be getting BP as whole back on the ball and puttin in work. Tchalla got all the time in the world to get with some XX chromosomes but honestly that ain't my main concern as a fan, the shawty's will come (ha inside joke) but right now to me that's not a huge priority. I'm just super sayin.
    It doesn't have to be the primary focus. It can be done in a organic manner. Have him putting in work and the LI comes along or he runs into a new LI while on a mission, there is an obvious attraction and sexual tension in the air in between bouts of ass kicking, globe trotting adventure, at the end of the story they get together and continue their adventure. Make it similar to Hudlins arc but less focused on finding a bride and. More about him finding this person as he is completing missions. And they MUST be wholly capable of taking care of themselves without constant saving. He doesn't need liabilities

(Facepalm) I swear man it's always some ulterior motive with these new aged writers. Did all that bullshi for basically nothing.
    So far, every non comic writer save for Narcisse and Browne have tried to use BP for some agenda. And everytime it has blown up in their face. Marvel for some reason won't gowwoth the obvious choice

Astonishing Member

I agree that T’Challa has bigger priorities than a new love interest, but it doesn’t have to be an either or situation. He can have some romantic tension on the side while taking care of whatever the new big threat is (hopefully Achebe or someone new). Doesn’t need to be a full blown thing, just a palate cleanser from all the X-toxicity. Marketing a character is important so it always helps to have an attractive female love interest beside the hero. But great stories and T’Challa being competent come first, as always.