Page 6 of 750 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Thoughts...

What's up with the hour or two hour long videos on youtube!

How much time is there in the day to be listening to longwinded videos!

Get to your point I got bills to pay and trash to take out... Shorten up the Black Panther soliloquy please!

Conserving bandwidth should be a part of the Climate Change Initiative!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I have a Question:

Is Bast considered a Sky-Father??? I mean she is the Leader of the Orisha right? And I know other Races have other their Sky-Father Gods. So does Wakanda have a Sky-Father God which is Bast?

No, Sky-Fathers are usually gods credited with creating humanity/existence. In her region that would be either Ra or one of the other creation gods.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I have a Question:

Is Bast considered a Sky-Father??? I mean she is the Leader of the Orisha right? And I know other Races have other their Sky-Father Gods. So does Wakanda have a Sky-Father God which is Bast?

LOL oh lord.
    What about a Sky-Mother?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    No, Sky-Fathers are usually gods credited with creating humanity/existence. In her region that would be either Ra or one of the other creation gods.
    Oh Ok.

I thought she was.....Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. No sarcasm intended.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Thoughts...

Get to your point I got bills to pay and trash to take out... Shorten up the Black Panther soliloquy please!

Yeah, that's a very good point.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. No sarcasm intended.

Yeah, that's a very good point.
    Hey, if you're talking about the videos I posted, I mentioned the time stamp at the places to listen lol. Not expecting anyone to listen to the whole thing lol

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Looking forward to more Coates excellence in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Found an interesting review of Black Panther on youtube. It's a Black Panther book club. They review the issues 1 - 35 of Priest run then issues 1 - 12 of Coates run. I am posting the video of the Coates run review. If you are interested in viewing it listen at 13:00 through 15:00 minutes of this video, the viewers have an interesting comparison of Priest to Coates.

I was with them then they lost me on the part where they said Coates actually improves.. there isn't any "improvement" until S2 and that quickly falls back into his tired tropes. He is less prose driven but he still has the same tropes he follows. Lecture T'Challa, blame T'Challa for the latest woes, sideline T'Challa for someone else, and take the wind out of T'Challas sail's when he should have Bass in his voice

I have a Question:

In the current Marvel take on the Egyptian pantheon the Sky-Father equivalent is Osiris (who took over from Geb, who took over from Shu, who took over from Ra).

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/osiristhor.htm

In the case of the pre-Coates Orishas (aka the Vodu) the Sky-Father is Buluku, aka Olurun and others:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bulukuag.htm

What about a Sky-Mother?
    Interestingly, the Egyptian pantheon is one of the few that DOES have a sky goddess (and a male Earth god): Nut, the sister/wife of the aforementioned Geb.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/nuthelio.htm

She's sort of retired, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In the current Marvel take on the Egyptian pantheon the Sky-Father equivalent is Osiris (who took over from Geb, who took over from Shu, who took over from Ra).

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/osiristhor.htm

In the case of the pre-Coates Orishas (aka the Vodu) the Sky-Father is Buluku, aka Olurun and others:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bulukuag.htm

Interestingly, the Egyptian pantheon is one of the few that DOES have a sky goddess (and a male Earth god): Nut, the sister/wife of the aforementioned Geb.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/nuthelio.htm

She's sort of retired, tho.
    That's pretty cool, though. Shame she's retired; a good story could probably be made of her coming back into the game, so to speak.

That's pretty cool, though. Shame she's retired; a good story could probably be made of her coming back into the game, so to speak.
    The Egyptian myths are weird. It's the only mythos I'm aware of where the rulership of the gods is actually dynastic. The only one that comes close is the Chinese pantheon... but in that case, the predecessor existed before the myths and the successor hasn't arrived yet.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I was with them then they lost me on the part where they said Coates actually improves.. there isn't any "improvement" until S2 and that quickly falls back into his tired tropes. He is less prose driven but he still has the same tropes he follows. Lecture T'Challa, blame T'Challa for the latest woes, sideline T'Challa for someone else, and take the wind out of T'Challas sail's when he should have Bass in his voice
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. But she did say if she had read Coates run before Priest's, that she would not be a fan of Black Panther. In the other video when they review Strum Und Drang, you should hear how she gushes over T'Challa (it's at the times I mentioned).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Looking forward to more Coates excellence in 2020.
    me too beloved!!! he is such a jem!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Happy New Year, everyone!
    Happy New Year Vic Vega.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because Marvel thinks they need him…

Damn, I miss the Shooter era.
    Me and you both my brother.

If someone had told me that a time would come when I of all people, would go for three days let alone, three full years without purchasing a single issue of a Black Panther solo book, I would have laughed in their face.

I'll gladly go another two years of boycotting Coates rubbish and put the money saved towards more appropriate books that aren't buttressed by his particular brand of slave mentality/racially charged low expectation fare.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 01-04-2020 at 05:13 AM.